It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fannie Mae requests additional 8.5 billion dollars in government aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The government should tell them to piss off. But of course they won't do that. Asking for 8.5 billion? What about we give you 50 billion?

Fannie Mae, the leading house mortgage lender in the United States, requested the government Friday for an additional 8.5 billion U.S. dollars in aid after seeing huge loss in the first quarter of 2011.

Fannie Mae saw a net loss of 6.5 billion dollars in the first three months of 2011, compared to net income of 73 million dollars in the fourth quarter last year, and a net loss of 11.5 billion dollars in the same period of 2010, the company said in a financial report.

Want to cut the deficit? Tell the banks to piss off and go bankrupt.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Have to agree.It will just keep on going otherwise,time to bite the bullet.
These companys wanting bailouts at the tax payers expense should be wiped clean off the mat.
When does it stop? 5 generations from now they will still be paying off this debt.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No kidding.
If it wasn't ridiculous before, it certainly is now.

It's like the crack head you see on the street that feeds you the same bull# story, every time you walk by, as to why they need some cash week, after week.... except they ask for an exceptional amount of money, and receive it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Piss off Barney Frank!
If they get bailed out, I stop paying taxes.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
NO Fannie Mae

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The government should tell them to piss off. But of course they won't do that. Asking for 8.5 billion? What about we give you 50 billion?

Fannie Mae, the leading house mortgage lender in the United States, requested the government Friday for an additional 8.5 billion U.S. dollars in aid after seeing huge loss in the first quarter of 2011.

Fannie Mae saw a net loss of 6.5 billion dollars in the first three months of 2011, compared to net income of 73 million dollars in the fourth quarter last year, and a net loss of 11.5 billion dollars in the same period of 2010, the company said in a financial report.

Want to cut the deficit? Tell the banks to piss off and go bankrupt.

They can do like I do.....live on a budget! I am sick to death of the govt bailing out these bottomless pits! Fannie Mae----Kizz My Butt!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I know of this one comfortable elitest snob of a woman, ragging on people who get --foodstamps-- on her Facebook page.
(Bible: "In the last days, men will call evil good, and good, evil". ..)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Umm... How about no? The bailouts should have never happened. If a company goes under, it's probably the companies fault from before. Also, who was the company who bought new private jets and gave the CEO's a gracious pay raise from the bailouts?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
maybe, I am wrong, but didn't the gov't kind of force fannie and freddie to buy more of those toxic assetts, just to get them off the banks books???

may I suggest, instead of coming to us whining for another bailout, they charge fraud on these assetts and force the banks to buy them back???

otherwise, well, by by fannie and freddie, you ain't worth another 8 billion!!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Why don't they come up with the money themselves?

How about hungry homeless people, how many
could you help with 8.5 billion?

Them thugs need to run that game on someone else because I'm not playing...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
maybe, I am wrong, but didn't the gov't kind of force fannie and freddie to buy more of those toxic assetts, just to get them off the banks books???

may I suggest, instead of coming to us whining for another bailout, they charge fraud on these assetts and force the banks to buy them back???

otherwise, well, by by fannie and freddie, you ain't worth another 8 billion!!!

Your damn right, they all got their hand in the cookie jar!!!

The only people NOT catching a break our the American people,
with gas prices going up, food prices going up, cost of living going up, ect.. ect......

THEY WIN
WE LOOSE EVERY TIME!!!!

It's rigged from the bottom up...

Sure some people are at fault for buying houses they can't afford...
don't worry they don't live their anymore!!
edit on 9-5-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree, instead of handing 8.5 billion dollars to Fannie Mae----why don't we take care of our starving and homeless?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Crazy thought.... from what I can tell, theres about 115 million occupied houses in the U.S.
Just think about how many times over all these houses could have been paid off with all of the recent bailouts.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
8.5 BILLION... BILLION!!!! Oh yeah here you go, heres an extra billion, have a year off while your at it, you don't need to make money. We'll pay your debts off at the end of the year. Want a new house for your CEO and boss?? sure no problems heres one, don't pay us nothing we'll pay the rent.... infact why not just pay you to live here??

If these get payed off I'll swim from England to America, knock on the door, wait for them to answer and say "NO" then swim back.
This makes me sick

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
it's sad, why didn't Fannie Mae try to help some of these people keep their homes? I would have rather the govt go in and pay off morgages for those who lost jobs and are struggling to keep food on the table. Think of how many families who could have benefited from that. I'd rather see my tax dollars helping people instead of financial institutions!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
Crazy thought.... from what I can tell, theres about 115 million occupied houses in the U.S.
Just think about how many times over all these houses could have been paid off with all of the recent bailouts.

and those houses that are still empty are just sitting there going down hill. Once the neighborhood kids start breaking windows and vandals get at them, they won't be able to get much.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Funding agencies are just trying to troll the public. They want to see how far the public can be pushed before the trolling isn't tolerated.

new topics

top topics

join