It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tropical Storm Warning for Carolina's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wish me luck as the Tropical Depression #1 works its way towards the NC Coast. I have a feeling it is going to be a bad hurricane season this year. I love storms, but Tropical Storms and Hurricanes are something totally different.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I agree its going to be a bad cane season. Good luck......" Hope you can stand the rain".

[edit on 1-8-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
My feeling and opinion is that this Hurricane season is not going to live up to what many are thinking and saying that it will. Many proclaimed and predicted that last year was to be a bad season, that the year before that was to be a bad one, etc......last year, we got hit with one Category 1 hurricane--granted it dropped from a Cat. 3.

The concern should be with those abnormal amounts of rain that Va. and Carolina have and had been getting. That any serious Tropical Storm or decent Hurricane will only amplify or be amplified by those rainstorms and rainfalls we have experienced (ie: flooding, trees easily uprooted due to the over saturated top soil/ground, etc).

seekerof

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
My feeling and opinion is that this Hurricane season is not going to live up to what many are thinking and saying that it will. Many proclaimed and predicted that last year was to be a bad season, that the year before that was to be a bad one, etc..

seekerof

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Seekerof]

You got to love mother nature.. She always seems to prove to us that the more we think we know the less we actually do!

Gazz

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That depression is puny and small, if it even makes landfall all it is going bring is some rain and breezy weather. I think this year's 'canes season is not going to be as active as predicted, though it only takes one big one to make it a memorible season. In monitoring the land fall hurricanes the last two years or so, I've noticed every major storm weakened before it made landfall. This makes me suspect someone is going in the storms and "attacking" them to minimize their strength. There have been experiments in the past to try and weaken them, and I would not be suprised if there is a coordinated plan to do this.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
As of 2pm it is now the 1st named storm of the season, Alex. It still is a weak and ragged looking sytem though.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I for one actually enjoy bad weather, especially the hurricanes. Maybe it's the adrenalene rush, I dont know. I've been through Bertha, Fran, Floyd, Isabel, and a couple others not worthy of being named. Hope this Alex does at least a little damage so school can be delayed another half a week or so. Just seems like I got out of school too.
Anyone else find it a bit strange that we are having so many hurricans within the last decade or so, but when you start asking some of the older people around they can't seem to recall any from their youth? Maybe they have been drinking too much tap water...

[edit on 1-8-2004 by guitarman_1569]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I enjoy a fierce storm every now and then but hurricanes are different. They cause destruction and death. The damages that close those schools cost people money, money for repairs and clean up. I don't enjoy those kinds of storms.

I remember Fran, my car got smashed by a tree. I didn't have collision on it, so I wasn't covered. I had to buy a new car. LOL That sucked real bad, but I was warned not to park it where I did, but I did it anyone. Guess God smited me for being stupid. Oh well.

Hopefully this storm will bring us awesome looking skies and some rain beating against the windows. I would prefer no damage or casualties.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow it is pouring down rain here. Has Alex arrived already? I didn't think we were supposed to get any rain from him till tomorrow.

top topics

join