It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
OK look, really, my problem with this "May 21st" thing is that my birthdays on the 25th, so It'd be a real bummer to be having to stand in line for Heaven or Hell....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo
This post is under the assumption that the "christian" version of the end of days is the correct one.

Not all Christians believe in the rapture. At least not the Christians who have read Matthew 24.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

Matthew 24:29-31 ESV

We'll still be here during the tribulation.
edit on 5/12/2011 by Fury1984 because: Added the word "not".

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury1984

This post is under the assumption that the "christian" version of the end of days is the correct one.

Not all Christians believe in the rapture. At least not the Christians who have read Matthew 24.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

Well I'm glad no one is claiming that all christians believe in the rapture

line

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zptramel

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

im guessing...no wait prophesying that on dec 20 2012 there will be alot of drug overdoses....alot

Really not funny if you think about it.

edit on 5/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

what a sad day when people forget what sarcasm is...
seriously, every comment i say on ats with a hint of sarcasm turns into me being the bad guy...

This is true, i mean... if people can no longer laugh how dreadful the world would become. Let's pretend Jesus does come back for just a moment though, what color would he be? The jews are looking for a jewish god, the african/reggae are looking for a black jesus who they believe is already here, what about the pygmy tribes .. the midget christ ? and and on and on. It's getting more twisted and bizarre by the moment.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazerTron
Nope...when May 21st comes and goes without a Rapture, the explanation will be simple: "God, in his loving grace, has blessed us with more time to fix our heathen ways, and help our loved ones come to the Lord. The fact that The Rapture did not happen is PROOF of God's love!"

I bet my explanation is pretty close to what we'll actually see...

I've been doing some research into the man and watching/listening to some of his speakings. This is a guy who is not going to back out of it. If May 22nd arrives and nothing has happened, I really think that he is going to either have a mental breakdown and be admitted (which will be all over the news for a short while) or commit suicide. When people make doomsday predictions, they always leave some room for back peddling, and right before the date comes, they always create some loopholes so that when it doesn't happen, they have an excuse. We are just under 8 days away, and there isn't the slightest sign of him going back on his word. He believes with all his heart that the Rapture will happen on the 21st.

I just hope that when the 22nd arrives, God will have mercy on this man's soul.
edit on 5/13/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Minor grammar edit

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Read Mathews 24 then David and then tell me the part where it say the north and the south will attack Israel then look up whats up in Egypt and Syria
Basic revelation when they attack Israel and they flee to Jordan then the antichrist shows up to bring peace and love to the middle east. Don't panic just 3 more years till the Christ rides in on a horse.

ps palm Sunday he rode a donkey why does a king ride a donkey? In those days because he comes n peace.
Better be on the right side when he comes this time he's ridding a war horse and packing a sword.

ps I'm thinking about converting to Islam tomorrow thoughts?

edit on 9-5-2011 by UcDat because: proof read first yu say lol

Well don't convert just yet, i believe they've located Jesus' right hand man!

Vladimir Putin has become the object of veneration for a bizarre Russian all-female sect whose followers believe that the tough-talking prime minister is a reincarnation of the early Christian missionary Paul the Apostle.

By Andrew Osborn, Moscow 3:15PM BST 12 May 2011
Members of the sect that has sprung up in a Russian village some 250 miles southeast of Moscow believe that the 58-year-old macho Russian politician is on a special mission from God.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
There is always a possibility that may 21 is a day that something big will happen. But there is no evidence that it is the end. I myself am Jewish so the idea of Jesus being the Messiah does not go down well. I personally believe that the Messiah is not a single person but more of a form of a international spiritual awakening in the people of the world. I think that humanity is entering into a higher dimension. And in order for humanity to reach the next step. We need to unleash the Christ councousness in all of us. This goes well with the Mayan and Egyptian prophecies. And offers a more positive view on the future of humanity. I could be wrong but if you look at what even Jesus taught. He talked about peace and justice. Not dogma, Not sin. I do believe that Jesus was a very enlighten person who had the ability to channel many spiritual messages. He may even had been a prophet. But like many other teachers. His teachings got used to push the corrupted message of men.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lovepeace20

If Christ returns he will do as Christ does - forgive us.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
But if Christ returns as the Christ of the Gnostics, then Christians better beware.

The Second Coming of Christ is the coming of the 'Anti-Christ' in relation to the Christianity of the Bible.

This is because the Christ of the Gnostic Gospels regards the god of Christians, Jehovah / Yahweh, as the demiruge and a demon called Yaldaboath.

The Christ of the Bible is not the Christ of the Gnostic Gospels - the Gnostic Christ forsaw that churches would be built that used his name but filled his followers with lies to hide from them the spiritual reality that 'the Kingdom Of Heaven is within' and that we are all potentially a Christ.

The Gnostic Christ was the Christ of the Pneumatics, those who have understood the Gnosis - whilst the Christians of the church are the Psychics or Hylics.

en.wikipedia.org...(Gnosticism)

The pneumatics ("spiritual", from Greek πνεῦμα, "spirit") were, in gnosticism, the highest order of humans, the other two orders being psychics and hylics. The pneumatic saw himself as escaping the doom of the material world via the secret knowledge. Outsiders could only know these secrets by joining a gnostic group. To be a gnostic is to believe in three planes of existence: the pure unknown (demiurge), the material world of coitus and comfort, and the pure spiritual realm of ascension or escape.

www.britannica.com...

Therefore if Christ returns as the Gnostic Christ - he will return on a white horse with a sword to destroy the false Church and the three present incarnations of the demiurge Yaldaboth which control the religions of Abraham - which are Jehovah / Yahweh and Allah - or Saklas, Samael and Yaldaboath as they are called in the Gnostic Gospels.

That means Christianity, Islam and Judaism will be destroyed and true Gnostic Christianity imposed on the planet.

edit on 13-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: edit

edit on 13-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Not all Christians believe in the rapture. ...

Agree that not all Christians believe in the Rapture, but among those who do there are three major views: pre-Tribulation, mid-Trib., and post-Trib. Mr. Camping is in the pre-Trib. group (I think... he does have a lot mixed up), but the vast majority in this group do not agree with him on knowing "the day or hour", and after reading his "rationale" for picking the date and his writings on other topics, I think he's way out in left field. Scripture does say that we can know the "season", the general signs and events that will come "like labor pains" which increase in frequency and intensity as the time approaches. And I do believe we are near the point of "birth". But nobody knows the day or hour, so Camping is flat out wrong. Maybe lucky, if it turns out to be that day, but you know what they say about broken clocks. ;-)

However, I am convinced that believers will not be here during any part of the Tribulation. There are many fine studies already written on the matter, such as:
prophecyupdate.blogspot.com...
gracethrufaith.com...
www.biblestudymanuals.net... (spec. at part E)
www.thepropheticyears.com...

The final judgment is when God pours out his wrath on an unbelieving world, and finishes the punishment of wayward Israel for rejecting her Messiah. We, as the Body of Christ and "temples of the Holy Spirit", are not to suffer God's wrath. The pre-Trib view is not about extra-good believers getting a pass on death, or escapism (Christians have always suffered somewhere on the earth in every generation), or not caring about the lost, but about the plan of God and "that blessed hope": "the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13), and "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

Because of the coming wrath, knowing that salvation is so easy, we should be motivated regardless of our views on this to spread the gospel, the offer to be reconciled to God through Jesus. Giving press to people like Camping is a distraction.
edit on 13-5-2011 by SaberTruth because: clarification

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Here we see the major problem for all those that call themselves Christians and who believe the Bible is the word of God.

The Bible was compiled by men - not god.

Nor did Jesus write the Bible.

Men did.

Men, being mortal, make mistakes - therefore to accept uncritically the Bible as the word of God is foolish as it is a book written by men, compiled by men and preached by humans - therefore it cannot be seen as the word of god in any way.

Take the inclusion of the Old Testament in the Bible.

Christ came with a new dispensation for the world, not to perpetuate the power of the god of the Old Testament - so why is the Old Testament in The Bible ?

Because Constantine and his chosen priests chose to put it in the Bible at the First Council of Nicea - during which the priests chose to exclude the Gnostic Gospels that revealed a Christ who gave a message of personal liberation as opposed to a religion based on hierarchical state centralism as wanted by Constantine.

The Gnostic Christ preached that all men can become Christ and be free - the Constantine Christianity preached that men are flawed creatures and must obey the Church / Rome / Constantine.

In fact believing in the the Bible as the literal word of God and accepting the Church as the source of all holy power should not be called Christianity - it should be called Constantism, due to the fact that the Bible and the Church are the products of Constatine and the Roman Empire, and not the work and word of Christ or God.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Bible should be only The New Testament, and not the Old Testament, as Christ came to bring the New Testament and its teachings to the world and to bring Chrstianity to the people of the world, as opposed to supporting the teaching of Judaism and its message in the world.

Therefore any references to the god of the Old Testament by fundamentalist Christians is blasphemous, as such teachings and refernces to the tyrannical god of the Old Testament, Yahweh / Jehovah who was a cruel genocidal monster who killed innocent people in the name of the Jews as a 'chosen people,' are in direct contraditiction to the benevolent god, and Christ, of the New Testament who rejected the principle of the Jews as a Chosen people, and who preached Christianity to all people and who preached ' Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Trying to reconcile the God of Christ with the God of the Jews is impossible.

Jehovah / Yahweh loved to kill - and Christ rejected such a monster.

In fact it can be argued that because the Bible was created by men - to believe it is the word of god is itself a bleshpemy against god.

Then we come to another fundamental problem - the god of the Bible is a demon according to the Gnostic Christ.

Only because the Gnostic Gospels were rejected by men under the direct control of Constantine who had his own agenda for the Bible as a way to create a state religion that made him and the church he controlled the sole authority in the Roman Empire, were the teachings of the Gnostic Christ rejected from inclusion in the Bible.

Therefore to accept the Bible LITERALLY is to believe only literally in the decisions of men, not god, to include those
passages in the Bible.

Therefore to give dates for the apocalypse from the Bible are all rubbish - as the Bible is neither the word of god nor the word or work of Jesus Christ.

Therefore to assert such things at the Tribulation / rapture / etc etc will occur based on reading Bibilical passages is pure nonsense.

After all the endless failed dates for such raptures / tribulations etc etc and they never came = when will people wake up !

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As for the dates of the rapture / tribulation / whatever ;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yet again it did not happen.

Those who read The Bible read the work of men, not the word of God.

To accept the Bible as the literal word of God is in fact a blasphemy.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
All those who say 'My god is real and yours is not' and 'My holy book is more holy than your holy book' and 'my book is the truth and yours is a lie' are all agents of the Demiurge according to the Christ of the Gnostic Gospels.

The Gnostic Christ taught that within us all is the potential to become Christ and to awaken others to their own inner divinity.

Therefore all religions are the enemy of the spirit.

worldviewpublications.org...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes
All those who say 'My god is real and yours is not' and 'My holy book is more holy than your holy book' and 'my book is...

All those who say Christian belief can be reduced to such straw men don't have a clue what they're talking about. They also make many baseless assertions (instead of "I don't believe God wrote the Bible" they say "Men wrote the Bible" and then build their straw men on that assertion). Really, this sort of thing gets old.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Look to Luke 21 entire chapter then look to the verse that follows after the description of the tribulation.

34“But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap. 35For it will come upon all who dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Now look to Matt24

Matt 24:31And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

In Matt24 the elect is gathered from heaven (ouranos) it can not mean the earth in Luke 21 earth (gē) is used in reference to the earth.

There are many other verses that state that the rapture happens before. Look at Rev 2-3 the letters to the churches. Especially Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth (oikoumenē).

Now Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven (ouranos): and the first voice which I heard [was] as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

We see the same door reference again that we found in Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by HardyWhite
This family radio group has literally spent MILLIONS advertising this date!!! Billboards all around the world... Several CARAVANS of vehicles travelling around the US... People have been donating money! It's all a little bit peculiar.

I'm not really into any of the religions exclusively, but any Christian worth their weight, knows that it says in the bible

No man will know the hour.
He will come like a thief in the night.

So how exactly are these folks putting this front up? Or more importantly, why?

They really believe that - Divine Intervention - will arrive on Earth May 21, 2011.
You know, it has happened before. Parting of the Red Sea - The Plagues of Egypt
Noahs Ark - The Flood

I think they are claiming that The Rapture will happen on the 21st, which is good for me since thats the day my family and I arrive at Disney World. Less people means shorter lines.

i havent giggled so hard in along time!
tell me friend...where do you live; so i can remove you from your native lands and add you to my collection of "beautiful people around the world that make life meaningful for me and my cats"

North of New Orleans, Louisiana. On the North Shore of Lake Ponchartrain. Please hurry, these people are hurting my brain.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

Is that it ?

Is that truly the best you can do to refute what I wrote ?

Saying an argument is a straw man argument doesnt make it a straw man argument unless you explain why it is a straw man arguement - which you have noticeably failed to do.

So rather than simply asserting that what I wrote is a straw man argument, please come down off your cloud oh high one and deign to explain to us mere mortals why you contend my argument is a straw man argument please.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Here we see the major problem for all those that call themselves Christians and who believe the Bible is the word of God.

The Bible was compiled by men - not god.

You see, the problem is you believe in a very small, impotent God. Your God has the power and technology to create the known universe by a single spoken sentence, yet doesn't have the ability to get a message to us. Your God can harden a Pharaoh's heart and speak His word to Prophets, but cannot inspire men to write what He wants them to.

Get rid of your tiny, impotent idol god.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The Gnostic Christ taught that within us all is the potential to become Christ and to awaken others to their own inner divinity.

Paul, Peter, and John all destroyed the Gnostic heresy in the first century AD.

Why are you trying to revive a corpse? You're teaching "another gospel" and "another Christ".

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Because Constantine and his chosen priests chose to put it in the Bible at the First Council of Nicea - during which the priests chose to exclude the Gnostic Gospels that revealed a Christ who gave a message of personal liberation as opposed to a religion based on hierarchical state centralism as wanted by Constantine.

Wow, you're extremely ignorant to history. The Nicean Council had nothing whatsoever to do with the canon of scripture. The Nicean Council was convened to address the Arian controversy regarding the deity of Christ. The cannon of scripture was long established before the 4th century.

If I were you I'd stop reading Dan Brown books. They are found in the fiction section of the bookstore for a reason.

edit on 13-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join