It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by Annee

I don't know what you have experienced, feel free to share.

I have had experiences since birth. Which is one reason I was in search of God. I had OBEs - premonitions - "feeling" messages - etc.

One experience when I was 5/6 - - I was in an OBE (which I had most every night). I was in the "gray place" (people who have had OBEs know what I mean). A man in a long white robe and beard approached me. He looked kind of like "images" of Jesus - but I did not feel he was. He told me I was trying to leave the physical world to return to the spirit or other world. He told me it was not time - that I had to stay in the physical world. He told me not to "fly" anymore - because I was too young to understand - and it was confusing me.

Many would interpret this as divine - - I don't.

Back on topic: I believe an evolved off-planet race (or several) are responsible for our creation. If anyone appears - - which I believe they eventually will - - I believe they are real - - not some mystical omnipotent "guy in the sky".

I believe the same thing basically, but these "beings" or Aliens manipulated our evolution. But That does not necessarily mean they are responsible for creation of Homo Sapiens and the abundance of life on earth. It could be that they are a creation of God. Or they are what we understand as angels. They might even be demons. Or what many claim to be the fallen angels, the Nephilim. Heck we really have no proof who and what exactly is piloting these UFO's. So our understanding today may be just as vague as it was in ancient times. Or perhaps it is not meant for it to be known to us.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

It could be that they are a creation of God. Or they are what we understand as angels. They might even be demons. Or what many claim to be the fallen angels, the Nephilim. Heck we really have no proof who and what exactly is piloting these UFO's. So our understanding today may be just as vague as it was in ancient times. Or perhaps it is not meant for it to be known to us.

God? What is God?

Demons? What are Demons.

Are these just labels humans gave experiences they did not understand?

I have also seen a UFO - broad daylight - blue skies - 4:30 in the afternoon. My attitude? Hmmm - that was interesting.

So my "What If" - - - depends on who/what presented events humans did not understand.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by steven704

I have two words for ya: Childhood Leukemia.

Sorry -- not my kind of omnipotent omnipresence.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Found the "it" post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Reading "it" again, "it" appears that "it" may have meant "organized religion", but I thought I addressed that. :shrug:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It could be that they are a creation of God. Or they are what we understand as angels. They might even be demons. Or what many claim to be the fallen angels, the Nephilim. Heck we really have no proof who and what exactly is piloting these UFO's. So our understanding today may be just as vague as it was in ancient times. Or perhaps it is not meant for it to be known to us.

God? What is God?

Demons? What are Demons.

Are these just labels humans gave experiences they did not understand?

I have also seen a UFO - broad daylight - blue skies - 4:30 in the afternoon. My attitude? Hmmm - that was interesting.

So my "What If" - - - depends on who/what presented events humans did not understand.

I hear you, Annee. Labels. Made up things that people seem to need, because they are not strong enough to stand up on their own two feet. It goes further that that, too. Take a team. A team has members, and the members respect and support the team. The team is something bigger that they are. This is why people need a "God" too, and a "Team/Church/Religion" they are simply too weak to stand on their own, and be who they really are. That is what I think the true purpose of the Comet is. I think it will bring to humanity two things; first a wake up call. Then the tools to be more that they every thought they could be. A full DNA upgrade, across the board. Oh, it will kill some, those who are not able to accept being a super energy being, capable of anything at all. I think this was the whole, entire purpose for the original creation of religion. To center humankind on an "out there" all male Godhead. This is the fault of Enil and Enki, and probably Marduk also. They knew that one day their planet/spaceship would come back this way, and they knew their time was short. When Enil died, Inanna would then be Queen. How better to get back at her than to center mankind against her from the start, by making everybody believe a man was going to save them all?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Not even close. It's just the punk rock in me making noise, as usual. :p

Punk rock? Right on! Back in my punk days I sported a bumper sticker across the back of my leather jacket that read: "If Jesus is coming he'd better wear a condom." That's punk rock.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

The lord is coming: Stick out your tongue.

Being young definitely has its perks.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yes - - I do believe along the lines of off-planet beings. The Terra Papers feel about right to me.

I think our history is real. Not omnipotent.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by adigregorio

AHA! Thank you for the clarification of what you meant!

I thought you were saying it just "wouldn't work". To make sure I understand:

"Circumstances" would keep me from hitting my mark.
"Circumstances" would cause me to get caught first.
"Circumstances" would keep me from exersizing my free will.

As long as those circumstances are not coming from "God" then I would still have free will. But, since He created everything...

It it is what it is. You have free will to try what ever you want. If you want to try and kill God..you can sure try. If you want to kill me you can sure try. Circumstance have nothing to do with it. The outcome of the situation does not determine if free will was used. Freewill stops at your action.

Originally posted by adigregorio
While we are in Genesis, and having Bible lessons (other posters) Who was "God" talking to when he said "Let US make man..." Could He not make man on His own?

One God in three God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. No I am not saying there are three Gods. I know 1+1+1=Does not equal 1.

However 1x1x1=1

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

So to answer your question US is God.

God is like water, comes in 3 forms..liquid, vapor, and solid... but no matter what form it takes.. it's still H2O and God is still in all 3 .. just like water..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TattooedWarrior

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by ExCommando

Here's how it's going to go down ..

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17 (New International Version 1984, ©1984)

14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

& the 144,000 are the JEWS that have accepted Christ as their LORD and Savior.

Does this mean that every Christian that has died over the last 2000 years or so is still waiting to go to heaven??
I hate long waits hahaha. And why would God send Jesus back to Earth to save the Jews who refused to believe he was who he said he was and betrayed him to the Romans??? Answers on a postcard to the usual address!!

Does this mean that every Christian that has died over the last 2000 years or so is still waiting to go to heaven??

Hers' the way I understand it to be after extensive study, and it's from memory, so go easy..

For a Christian, to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord, and since this is so, those that have died in the Christian faith, that have Accepted Jesus has Lord and Savior will go to heaven, ONCE his return begins, the Spirit of those believers will return to the grave but only to be resurrected BACK with a new body, like Jesus body is, which is a mystery even now...

For we shall be like him when he returns..

And why would God send Jesus back to Earth to save the Jews who refused to believe he was who he said he was and betrayed him to the Romans???

God is sending Jesus back to gather ALL those that HAVE and still do believe; even the Jews that HAVE believe that Jesus is the Messiah, he's not coming back for those that haven't believed.

& I know i'll get hated for this and flamed but, the truth hurts some times, but needful ..

and those that believe that the Nation of Israel will be saved when Christ returns, is simply NOT true~! For there is NEITHER Greek nor Jew, bond or free but ALL are one in Christ~! If the Israel is to be saved w/o any conditions the EVERYONE would be.. but this is not so according to scripture..

Paul said.. "Pray that Israel maybe saved" ..

The only one way into heaven, and it's NOT because certain races, or nations are better than others.. Jesus leveled to playing field ~!!! and everyone Must go through the Sheep gate.....even the Jews.... and the 144,000 are the ones that already believed.. ahem.. and it's not the JW's

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
When Jesus returns, Scooby, Shaggy and the rest of the gang will promptly pull off his mask, declaring, "Mr. Smithers, the amusement park operator!!" To which he will reply, "Yes, and I would've gotten away with it if not for you meddling kids."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7e5d1613460.jpg[/atsimg]

LoL... Thanks for the laugh that was priceless... reading through everyones and then seeing this i almost
choked on my drink. You're right, nothing bad will surpass what our Minds keep insisting will occur because Those Meddling Kids always get there first to stop it! hah love it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I'll go give him a hug. No, seriously. Also, I'd ask to meditate with him sometime or another.

This version of Christianity doesn't seem so bad, they say those individuals who are not saved do not burn in eternal hellfire, but simply cease to exist.

Being spewed out of the Hologram for being neither hot nor cold is exactly what will happen.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Unbelievable. I will pray for you.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

You are talking about 2012.
This is for 2011.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

You are talking about 2012.
This is for 2011.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
here's a twist...
we are in the thinking mode of a end-times return of a resurrected Christ

what if 'Christs' return is in the form of the shroud of Turin being authenticated as the actual image of the Jesus that was cruicified as 'Christ'

then, would that be considered a 2nd coming? that Christ has returned in the physical realm and is not just a spiritual, ghostly presence in the hearts of the believers.

its been speculated that ancient DNA remains might still be viable from the shroud (with advanced technology)...i'm not stubbornly adverse to a Jesus returning, even if it is by means of an almost magical technology,

in fact i give more weight to a returning 'savior' person because of technology rather than spiritualism

edit on 5/11/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed errant bbcode

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I must admit that in light of what i know on manifesting your reality (the secret explains it in part) as well as other sources, I can see several things occuring. Those who wish to disconnect completely, will. Those who believe in a Jesus figure, are going to manifest one, and still others may create something else.

Maybe, there will be a splinter in time (although Time doesn't actually exist either) will continue to manifest what they 'think about' most. And when people think about what they Don't want most, they get more of it. So either people allow the media to curve what they think about to their own agenda and liking or, people wake up to it and disconnect from the guys holding the puppet strings.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
You have a couple of your facts wrong. God indeed does not change. Refer to Genesis 1:26, where God creates man. "And God said, Let us make man in our image..." Does this mean there is more than one God? Heaven forbid. What it means is that the Triune Godhead, consisting of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit has always existed, and hence, your statement of God changing in the new testament is inaccurate. God did not change, He manifest Himself in the world.

When you refer to the origins of Christian holidays, you are correct. This however, proves the inability of man, not the inconsistency of God. Left to man, mistakes will be made, as have been evidenced by churches throughout the ages. In fact, Jesus spent much of His time preaching against the church. Left to God, no mistakes are made.

I already hear the arguments coming concerning WWII and the Nazis and Jews, 9/11, etc. Why would a "good" God allow these things to happen. A common mistake is perceiving God as a grandfatherly type old man, either incapable or unwilling to help man in times of crisis. What you need to bear in mind is that God is a "Holy" God, who uses many things to accomplish His objectives. Among the many things He uses is wrath.

I am straying off topic, so I will conclude this (which is by-the-way, my first ever on ATS) with the reminder that when men are in charge, they are incapable of getting it right. When God is in charge, He is incapable of getting it wrong. The real search should not be for parts of God's word to argue with, rather should be for what PURPOSE God is working toward. Bearing that in mind, the new testament becomes easier to understand.

May God's grace be with you.

Nonya

Originally posted by summer5
This may not be a popular reply, or excepted well...there is no Jesus Christ. He is opposite of what his Father said...I'll take my chances that I'm wrong. I have a hard enough time believing in a god, let alone the "son" who contradicted everything his "Heavenly Father" said.

Christians celebrate Christmas (look up the origins). They celebrate Easter (again, look up the origins)..Good Friday-repeat...Your Bible you mis-read. If you want to follow the "Bible"..do what it is says. The Bible says "god does not change"..yet after the New Testament, he Changed. WTH? How god can change in the middle of the "book" from one thing to another...doesn't any one question that?

All gods word (that does not change) was changed by the son??? So all of a sudden he changed the goal posts? Are you serious?

To me Christianity is the biggest lie there is. They are the ones who "follow" yet will the be the ones cast into the lake of fire (if there is one). They are following the son, with out understanding, and think they are on the right path...I think NOT!

edit on 11-5-2011 by Nonya because: First post, I simply posted the quote I was responding to, without addding my comments. Now I understand how this works.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonya

I already hear the arguments coming concerning WWII and the Nazis and Jews, 9/11, etc. Why would a "good" God allow these things to happen. A common mistake is perceiving God as a grandfatherly type old man, either incapable or unwilling to help man in times of crisis. What you need to bear in mind is that God is a "Holy" God, who uses many things to accomplish His objectives. Among the many things He uses is wrath.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join