It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

He'll return riding a flying Spaghetti Monster and the Devil will be finally able to use those iceskates I sent him.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

Think of it this way, if everyone else who has ever lived was perfect and were not in need of salvation, Jesus STILL would have gone through everything He did, just for you.

That is also rhetoric once again, I really don't see the rationality behind the 'he died for everyone' or 'he died for our sins' bit - I wasn't born, what sins? You're basing this on accounts of him of debatable authenticity. Even if he did exist and died in the manner in which he did, whose to say he would have done it for no reason? And to what end did he do so for me? I fail to see how someone dying to prove a point/teach by example has directly improved my experience of existence. What did he do/does he do personally for me?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh it hurts me so, to see the world (my kin and my family) succumb to old beliefs and be so weak minded.

Please please just realize, there are more important things than god or jesus... like humans.

Don't be afraid, reality is more beautiful and complex than you can possibly imagine.

We don't have to have all the answers to be happy, the beauty is in the discovery and infinite possibilities.
edit on 9-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I see posters here making all sorts of negative claims and accusations regarding Christ the savior without any solid proof.
There is only one way to prove or disprove Christ to yourself or anyone else.
It will take an open heart, honesty, commitment and willpower that all of us have but for many reasons may not be willing.
Open your mind and heart to the concept that Christ loves us all equally and asks us to love each other.
Ask Jesus Christ to forgive you of your transgressions and to come into your life and to prove to you that he is the way.
The only way!
I urge all here who are quick to dismiss Christ to give a few days of your life to an experiment if you will, out of your life to prove or disprove lifes most important issue.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
I see posters here making all sorts of negative claims and accusations regarding Christ the savior without any solid proof.

There is no solid proof of Christ - - period.

So your argument is without merit.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What if they finally caught Osama bin laden? Lol

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i would be like oh.... and move on.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Lock n load sounds about right, lol. I just hope if Jesus decides to return that he doesn't descend over LA. Otherwise I could just see the breaking news for that event:

"The second coming of Jesus was ushered in by the greeting of gunfire and explosions as the military mistook the divine savior for a secret Chinese aircraft invading US airspace."

Kind of like what happened with the Battle of Los Angeles in 1942.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The proof lies with the holy spirit, once you experience this nothing else matters.
Many people spend years believing in a god and or going to a particular church without knowing Christ or experiencing the holy spirit, therefore they get disillusioned with the church and in some cases religion in general such as yourself.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Annee

The proof lies with the holy spirit, once you experience this nothing else matters.
Many people spend years believing in a god and or going to a particular church without knowing Christ or experiencing the holy spirit, therefore they get disillusioned with the church and in some cases religion in general such as yourself.

5$ on annee falling for your bait, again.

The problem with ATS is everyone thinks there are few trolls

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria

5$ on annee falling for your bait, again.

The problem with ATS is everyone thinks there are few trolls

I don't bait - - and I don't "ping pong"

I give my opinion. Beginning and End of story.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

Im not trolling my friend, i know Annie spent time attending church as a youth from a previous post.
Mormonism i think, no if i want to troll ill throw a line out the back of my boat, much more fullfilling.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
There has to be a reason for everything. All of these earthquakes, floods, tornadoes, fish deaths, and other events in correlation with the timings of the birth certificate release, the royal wedding, and Osama's death all have to mean something.

The times call for wisdom, study the scriptures and you will find the answer. Consider that all of these natural disasters you mentioned are in fact the birth pangs mentioned in the Bible. But remember also that what goes in hand in hand with these natural distasters are the potential social disasters this verse warns of:

“But concerning that day and hour [the Rapture] no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24:36 [ESV]

The Lord knew there would be people claiming to know the day and the hour, which is why He gave us this verse to take comfort in. Be wise, if not even Jesus Himself knows, but only God, then what could this man know? Do some research, Camping was wrong before. Anything can happen on the 21st, but the rapture is not one of them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by csimon
I was told by a peer when I was in high school that the second coming would be in 2010 (in front of everyone in my 12th grade class). That year was then corrected by a superior to be in the year 2011, when she said that the "Church" believed this. It was said that most of us in the classroom that day would probably live to see it. Why would this specific year have been mentioned 35 or more years ago to me and others in my presence?

I've waited for this time ever since just to see what happens. All of my lifes major experiences that were revealed back then have come true. Also, this was the last president of the U.S. ever mentioned as well as the last Pope.

Many other things were told that all came true.
edit on 9-5-2011 by csimon because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by csimon because: (no reason given)

Well, stop the presses ... and close this thread. The answer has been found. Some ATS nobody's grade school friend's teacher let us all into the circle of trust. Glory be!

If 35 years doesn't prove it, jack will.

... one every minute, folks!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wasn't the world supposed to end in 2001, 2007, 2008, and now 2011? Personally, and take no offense to this all you hardcore Christians, I think religion is disgusting. It starts wars, and causes people to judge each other over what they believe in, I was a victim of such discrimination from my very own ex boyfriend for 8 months, eventually leading to our split over the silly matter. On May 21st, 2011, I'll be setting up the beer pong table. If any one wants to join me, let me know, lol.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

Then you had better hurry up and repent or miss out on eternal life.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Given the nature of this site, I am pretty stunned people believe in "Jesus". It is the story of Horus. There is no evidence of Jesus outside the Bible (except two forgeries in the works of Josephus). If this were bin Laden or the BC, people would be all over "they just copied this from Horus". But when it comes to religion, people lose their reason, intellect and mind.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

PERFECT!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Mohammed and Jesus are both ridiculous fantasies.

Happy now?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Judging from his post I might suggest that Judasiscariot might be in a worse position

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join