It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The bigger question for the OP is...How would we know Jesus when we saw him?

Our current image of Jesus is really more that of King James.

Jesus was Jewish, and probably isn't going to look like his oft-depicted picture.

Then, there is proof. How would he prove to the people who he is? Those stunts of 2000 years ago pale in comparison to some of the illusions modern magicians pull off...so we're kind of desensitized to it.

Walking on Water? - we'd assume a plexiglass path
Raising the Dead? - we'd assume the person was playing dead
Water to Wine? - simple chemical reaction and slight of hand

and so on....

Even if he did show himself, and exhibited some grand demonstration, he'd likely be shot and then his blood drank to see if it has supernatural powers, etc.

Just not seeing it happen...

Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but it's only a small minority of Christians who believe in Rapture, the majority think it's a load of BS (in fact one of my Christian friends ranted about how full of crap the Rapture event is, expletives included).

Rapture was also NEVER mentioned in the Bible. It was only put forward by a guy wanting to sell books by putting fear into his fellow man for profit.

The Bible certainly does talk about the 144,000 who are sealed by God, and taken, so while the term "rapture" isn't used, it's there in spirit.

Of course, the terms are strict. Virgin males descended from the 12 tribes of Israel, by scripture. So yes, I'm completely confused as to the Jehovah's Witnesses....how do you figure you have a ticket?
edit on 9-5-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Are you sure he was Jewish ? Jews back looked Mediterranean, brown eyes and that dark hair like Catherine Zeta-Jones. He could have been black(which I know is taboo.) He could have been Arab, he could be slenderman for all we know!

We don't know Jesus, he could be flying in a TARDIS. We have no idea of what to look for if he did arise. Pictures and real life are two different stories
edit on 9-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If you happen to be a believer, and you are familiar with the bible. It clearly states that no one, no being, except God will know the exact time of the return of Jesus. So if he happens to return on that day, it will be a lucky guess.

link   
reply to post by curious7

Greek word Harpazo To catch up or take away. Versed quoted for "rapture" use the word harpazo. So yes the word '"rapture" is not in the bible however in translation to rapture and harpazo mean the samething.

link   

Even if he did show himself, and exhibited some grand demonstration, he'd likely be shot and then his blood drank to see if it has supernatural powers, etc.

Just imagine what we'd learn from those stem cells!

I also think the recognition issue would come into play. Most westerners think he was white yet he was from Galilee which makes the probability of him being very dark skinned fairly high. I think he'll look pretty similar to Osama Bin Laden, actually, and that'll turn off a lot of westerners.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Just imagine what we'd learn from those stem cells!

I also think the recognition issue would come into play. Most westerners think he was white yet he was from Galilee which makes the probability of him being very dark skinned fairly high. I think he'll look pretty similar to Osama Bin Laden, actually, and that'll turn off a lot of westerners.

I thought that was just me! People called me crazy when I said Jesus probably was of Arabic decent!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
reply to post by SonicInfinity

He won't, but if he does, it will either unite us, (which is at a long shot, which would still cause fights between religion and Athiests) OR It will ignite a world war.

Best case scenario, world war

Jamie.

I think we're all missing the boat here!

We live on a tiny, tiny planet in an Observable Universe
that is about 93 BILLION LIGHT YEARS ACROSS that contains
an observable 80 BILLION+ GALAXIES each having a hundred
billion stars or more!

I think God has a few more issues than just a bunch of
ant-like creatures such as humanity to deal with.
On a purely religious basis, we are a TINY, TEEENY TINY BIT
of a much larger entity... we are a populationthat will LIVE OR DIE
on its OWN MERITS! What we say AND do to other and ourselves
is the WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD.

The very fact that we're discussing this in a
generally reasonable manner seperated by hundreds
if not thousands of miles bodes well for our future
(AND OUR SALVATION!)

So all we have to do to PREVENT any apocalypse is keep
doing what we do NOW and simply goad a whole lot more
people into joining us here.

And if we don't like where the Earth is going,
on a TECHNILOGICAL and SCIENTIFIC BASIS, what
is the barrier to YOU and ME LEAVING said EARTH
to found a NEW civilization.

That barriers is the discontinuity between Words and Action
THAT'S ALL IT IS !!!

John F. Kennedy had it right in the 1960's....

www.historyplace.com...

www.youtube.com...

To paraphrase that speech into the modern world's
sensibilities We choose to get OFF this planet,
NOT because it is easy...but...because IT'S HARD
and the IT'S RIGHT THING TO DO!

I'm ONE person...Imagine if I networked
with 1000 of you, who EACH contibuted two or three
ideas or two products that will HELP US get ourselves
OUT THERE !!!!! Multiply all that brain power and
physical SKILL by many thousands and you'll see it's
a LOT EASIER than you think...then we don't HAVE TO
WORRY about any apocolypse because we PIONEERS
won't be LIVING IT!

We were GIVEN the GIFTS of both LIFE
and KNOWLEDGE....what we do with those
gifts is now entirely up to us......===>

God Helps Those Who Help Themselves!!!!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

You may not like it but that is what our ancestors wanted... They wanted a King to rule over them. They asked God for one. Even though they asked for a King they never liked it once the King was chosen to rule them.. The Old Testament is full of these stories.. Man has fought against God from the beginning of time. God gave Adam and Eve rules and they broke them just as the world is still breaking them today. People are carrying on the traditions of man and their ancestors and passing them down to each generation.. That's why we are punished for our ancestors sins from generations to generations. We refuse to read what God says and ask Him for wisdom to understand them. This will blow your mind... as it did mine.. I thought I knew what the Bible said.. I had went to church all my life and when I actually sat down and read it from cover to cover did I realize I did not.. Here is a question any Christian should know off the top of their head...or think they know it.... Can you name Adam and Eve's childrens names? Ask your pastor this question.. See what they tell you... Then read what God tells you.. The answers will not be the same.Anyone out there can answer this question?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am with you always, even until the end of time. Who said that? I see that everyone is wondering if someone who is already supposed to be with us is returning? How can He return if He's already here?

Or are people anticipating a form of proof that supports what they have attempted to believe for so long?

Keep wondering because when May 22 arrives, there will be an awful lot of disappointed people.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the4thhorseman

i'm telling you... the return of Christ isn't close. He is here. now. in His body. the body of Christ, right? oh wait...if you think Christ left than you must not be the body of Christ?

but seriously...i don't believe there will be some dude coming down out of the clouds. i think He is risen and resides in us...those of us who truly believe in Him...not the guy in the book. if i have to explain that...i doubt you actually know Him. most people believe in Him to the extent that they think he was real and all that jazz but most "believers" don't really believe His words...they just speak them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He's my king. I would obey him.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

I will litterally eat my shirt, shoes, and pants...

I will dance in the streets naked...

And probably die of shock, because clearly i know nothing of the bible.

12 days til chow time i guess.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

i'm telling you... the return of Christ isn't close. He is here. now. in His body. the body of Christ, right? oh wait...if you think Christ left than you must not be the body of Christ?

but seriously...i don't believe there will be some dude coming down out of the clouds. i think He is risen and resides in us...those of us who truly believe in Him...not the guy in the book. if i have to explain that...i doubt you actually know Him. most people believe in Him to the extent that they think he was real and all that jazz but most "believers" don't really believe His words...they just speak them.

John 14:28
28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

John 14:16-18 (KJV)
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

John 14:26 (KJV)
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

John 16:7-11 (ESV)
"Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment: concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged."

John 16:13-15 (ESV)
"When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you"

Hebrews 12:2 (King James Version)
2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Christians are the body of Christ. We are the body of Christ we are temples of the most high. Christ is in Heaven and earth. He will make a visible return for the whole world to see.

Revelation 19:11-21
11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'd offer him a joint

link   
You know, I'm really hoping Jesus does come back. I want to see him kick Obama's a$$. That guy is really pi$$ing me off.

link   
He will probably get nailed up again! or blown up by Gaddfi... If he came back anywhere in the Western world the event would be covered up or he branded a fraud... More n likely get mugged and left for dead...

For all we know he returned years ago and is now 40 floors down under Groom Lake!

He or even she (for the feminists) will probably give this planet a swerve and high tail it onto the next civilisation that is still within the reaches of salvation..

Git

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
IF somebody aproaches me saying hes jesus,ill just take it like most people take ufos, U ARE A FAKE MISTER!!!!........YOU FAILED THE FIRST TIME, NOW WHAT???????OR SAY if I was you ILL NEVER COME BACK HERE!!!....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
If you happen to be a believer, and you are familiar with the bible. It clearly states that no one, no being, except God will know the exact time of the return of Jesus. So if he happens to return on that day, it will be a lucky guess.

(I'm not a Bible thumper, but you need this info)

Dig a bit deeper than just what you hear on ATS.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-6 (New American Standard Bible) For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Looking forward to the day! Can't wait to see what May 21 does bring as it is a very significant Jewish feast day. And the Bible does say you CAN KNOW when Jesus is coming back. Matter of fact, Jesus and a few others in the Bible command Christians to look for that day by the signs provided. As for the exact hours, no ones knows but God.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Read the book of Genisis and see if you can tell me Adam and Eve's childrens names? Can you name them?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

My friend, I could'nt agree with you more. it's obviously staged cause in the bible, it does say in literal words that, nobody will predict the date of the rapture, NOBODY!!! but i think something might happen that date scientist have researched a strange acurrance that is going on in the sun. They are saying that their has been a dramatic increase in solar flare activity. It turns out that their is a possibility that a super solar flare is happening in the future. this could result in millions of deaths. this ''super flare is said to be able to wipeout are atmosphere (what it can it). what do you guys think?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join