It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by adigregorio
If "Christ" returned on the 21'st I would kill him. Just to show the Christians that they do NOT have free will.

(I wouldn't be able to kill him, right?

You have the free will to try and stick a full grown elephant up your nose. Does that mean you can? Of course not.

Creating a strawman argument, and burning it does not refute my argument.

Your whole "argument" is silly and childish,...

Better than a strawman argument, at least mine isn't a logical fallacy!

it reminds me of that other atheist favorite: "Can God create a rock so big that He can't move it"

I am Discordian, but thank you for the comparison!

which is meant to trap Christians

Nope, it is showing you that "God's" word is not so infalliable! Just as my observation does. It is your mind that chooses to ignore that part.

The answer of course if that the question is logically flawed, it assumes God is subject to the laws of the universe that He created, and of course He is not.

Where does it say that? Or rather, where does "He" SPECIFICALLY say that he is not bound to the "Laws of the Universe". Furthermore, since Jesus IS subject to them, this brings us back to the murder. I mean he died the first time, right?

Your question is equally flawed, free will means that you have the ability to make choices, it does not mean that you can do whatever you want (but please post pics if you decide to try to stick an elephant up your nose).

Nay, your argument is flawed. Also I notice you skirted the FACT that there is NO concrete evidence that JC was even around the FIRST time.

Anyway, like I said, I would use the opportunity to show that Christians do NOT have free will.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Thanks SavedOne for the back up.

It seems there is also a lot of talk here about being able to identify Jesus Christ when he shows up.

The Bible mentions that everyone will know it's Him.

He won't just show up at the UN doorsteps as some mere human with a lot of credentials. When He shows up, it will be as the Almighty Creator come back to rule (with a huge army).

Not to worry about the rapture part; that will only affect those of us who are actually expecting it. We'll know it's the real thing when we're floating through the skies meeting up with everyone else who are also expecting this. Then I suspect we'll likely be back with Jesus' army later.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Rule #1: Live every day as if Christ will return tomorrow. That pretty much solves all issues and concerns doesn't it?

While I think this man means well and he seems to have pure intentions, I don't think he's going to get the outcome he wants. But then again I could be wrong. Course if you refer to rule #1 then it doesn't really matter does it?

that means living a life in constant fear. even if you love jesus and "know" you will be "saved," no mortal truly knows the thoughts of the gods, and so will always worry that he is not good enough. if you are constantly worried about your lord and savior returning tomorrow, and you want badly to impress him enough to be allowed into his palace, you will not embrace the daily brilliance of life on earth. if the devil exists, he sits at the Head of the Church.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well folks, this event is for real! Times here on Earth have been getting worse since the Israelites reached their "Promised Land" (taken from Palastine). This was the most important sign to watch out for, and the countdown to the return of Christ began in 1948, when that event took place. Seeing as I will be one of the many who are left behind, I really want to increase my chances of getting into Heaven the next time around, and I am prepared to just that by doing a huge favour for those who will be going on the 21'st.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but my understanding is that eventually all who survive the upcoming horrors of the near future, will be returning to a new Heaven here on Earth, and because more than likely your bank accounts will be looted by those left behind, I suggest that you immediately send all monies and valuables such as jewelry to me, for safekeeping until you return. I only offer to do this as an act of kindness that I hope God will look upon favourably. You don't want to return to Earth if you're financially strapped, especially with prices having gone sky-high while you were gone!
Blessings!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

He mentions an earthquake opening up all the graves during this date. At least it fits in to current events and the fact that many earthquakes are being predicted to happen in May.

This poor old man. He is spending all this money and really believes that it's going to happen. I really wonder what's going to happen to his sanity come the 22nd.

look at how old that guy is, may 21'st might just be HIS judgement day..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davidchin

rule? army? come back?

where do we think god went? he's right here, inside and around us at all times. it is impossible for him to return from anywhere, because it is impossible for him to go away to anywhere. he is everything, everywhere, always. the devil (or the darkest parts of man's psyche, whichever you call it) has pulled one over on you, the faithful. god never left, therefore he never needs to come back.

concepts of Ruling and power and war and armies don't apply to god. he doesn't need an army and he doesn't need to rule. HE IS EVERYTHING and therefore cannot be above or below us, he is us. he doesn't need to win any war, he is both sides of every conflict. he already owns your soul completely and you've turned away from him because of books and dates and false prophets. the idea that you can be saved or unsaved is false. we are all saved already because we are here, in this universe with god.

God doesn't live in a castle up on a hill in heaven, he lives in your heart. He is not a king or a ruler or any other mortal concept of power and leadership. he is the canvas on which the universe is painted. just turn to him, right now, no books, no church, no forgiveness, no salvation and just say "hey, what's up? you're pretty great, you know?" that means more to him than you or I can imagine.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is so ridiculous it makes me laugh. People's ignorance knows no bounds.

That old bloke in the video has probably got it all wrong. Maybe judgement day is coming, but just for him. He looks like he's about to kick the bucket.

I cant believe people this day in age still believe in childish fantasies. We have all this technological advancement and discovery yet people remain fixated on stories and myths that when properly researched turn out to be a long way from what we have been told. But when you try to explain they run around in circles with their fingers in their ears shouting "I cant hear you!" (best case scenario).

That's not all though. The bible is a book compiled by men in order to control the masses and give validity to their brutality. Its crazy to think that something 2000+ years old, in the hands of humans, who have done some very disgusting things, will retain its integrity. Even in the twisted off chance that what is written in the bible is true, I don't remember ever reading about a rapture the way these crazies say. It is a fantasy based on misinterpreted scripture!

Why would anyone even want to serve a god who has commanded and committed some of the greatest crimes against innocent people in history? Or is it a case of better to be the right hand of the devil than to receive his wrath?

As for the idiots who quit their job and moved to the mountains, they did it all wrong. If you want to hedge your bets, the best thing you can do is book a week or 2 off work to coincide with the event, and rent a holiday cabin in the mountains. This way, if SHTF your safe, and if it doesn't, your not left high and dry and you just had a relaxing break. Simple. The downside to this is that there are so many false prophecies I don't think your job would allow you to take that much time off.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidchin

He won't just show up at the UN doorsteps as some mere human with a lot of credentials. When He shows up, it will be as the Almighty Creator come back to rule (with a huge army).

Not to worry about the rapture part; that will only affect those of us who are actually expecting it. We'll know it's the real thing when we're floating through the skies meeting up with everyone else who are also expecting this. Then I suspect we'll likely be back with Jesus' army later.

wth does god need an army for? isn't he all powerful? or is this like the KISS army, just a bunch of devoted fans.

Were already ruled by a few men with armies already. so I guess the transition will be easy...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Where does it say that? Or rather, where does "He" SPECIFICALLY say that he is not bound to the "Laws of the Universe". Furthermore, since Jesus IS subject to them, this brings us back to the murder. I mean he died the first time, right?

Gods word is infallible. Everything spoken has happened and will happen. Search the archives and you will see things prophesied in bible have happened or setting stage to happen. Old Testament a savior was promised for the world.

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understooda it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.b

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,c nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,d who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Look into what Old Testament Prophecies Christ fulfilled.

The Lord (Jesus) Specifically says He is above our laws of nature:

Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”

declares the Lord.

9“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

edit on 9-5-2011 by the4thhorseman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Things aren't bad enough yet for Christ's return (assuming Christ is a person).
Considering Christ being the truth and light, I think it has slowly been leaking; people are waking up to the truth every day and changing their lives for the better.
Considering Christ being death - the savior from future suffering - maybe this is the day that the son of man will begin killing those speaking out against the powers that be, or some natural occurrence.
Maybe WW3 will begin.
It's difficult to tell.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have failed to find a reason for myself to believe in him to be honest BUT if he does appear and everything is true then I would simply ask for forgiveness and hopefully I would be given the chance to repent for whatever sins I may of committed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goal Shack
Things aren't bad enough yet for Christ's return (assuming Christ is a person).

It's difficult to tell.

agreed, if he didn't come back during the dark ages, the Spanish inquisition, the black plague, ww1, ww2, then hes not coming back now. apparently we need to SERIOUSLY F@#$ S@#$ UP.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
wth does god need an army for? isn't he all powerful? or is this like the KISS army, just a bunch of devoted fans.

Were already ruled by a few men with armies already. so I guess the transition will be easy...

Close..its not that God needs an army its the fact He wants one.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
I have failed to find a reason for myself to believe in him to be honest BUT if he does appear and everything is true then I would simply ask for forgiveness and hopefully I would be given the chance to repent for whatever sins I may of committed.

First I'd say, I'm a good person, non violent, not a criminal, with strong compassion and love for all life, secondly I'd say, organised religion on earth is polluted and I refused to be a part of it.

after that if he doesn't let me in heaven, i'd lol and walk away, heaven is probably not a place i'd like to go. too "rule-ee"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Most mainstream Christians believe the rapture as they call it occurs before the tribulation and they will be brought out of this world BEFORE all the destruction takes place and the rising up to meet Jesus in the clouds occurs AFTER all the destruction. God never raptured any of the profits from anything.. Moses, Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Job, Noah, Jonah, David, Shadrack, Meshack and Abindago... I know the spelling is wrong here! lol None was raptured from their times of trouble.. They went through them unharmed because of their faith but were never taken from them.. So it will be in the end times too. The Bible clearly says this.. If the sealed ones were raptured then WHY does Jesus warn them of what they will be put through in the New Testament if they are gone?... Why would the dead in Christ rise at the end to meet Jesus in the clouds if they are already in Heaven? The Father doesn't work that way and if any so-called religious teacher tries to tell you these lies...best not believe them cause Jesus warns of all the lies the teachers of religious laws are telling people even in His time.. They are still doing it today. The anti-christ will appear religious and worthy of sainthood but will be a wolf in sheeps clothing . The blind leading the blind will both fall in the ditch! That's what the Bible says..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

All judgement days are personal days. That's the secret to all mysticism and religious thinking. If you spend your life judging others, you will be judged as harshly. It's in the book.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I believe the Mark of the Beast must be presented to the world first before or around His return,but I could be wrong. Take a look at RFID technology and the eventual collaspe of paper money and evolving technology advances which all sound real wonderful and are something we marvel about.This stuff can control the entire world and eventually grow into a One World Government system.
edit on 9-5-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by the4thhorseman

The problem with religious folks is that they think this kind of stuff is so deep. It's not that he NEEDS one, man, it's just that he WANTS one.

No offense intended (literally) but the real problem here is that outside of your particular cult, those words are just silly nonsense.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

Close..its not that God needs an army its the fact He wants one.

that scares me, your all powerful, but want an army just for the aesthetics? glad I left the church when I was 14.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

If one can make it through the 7 seals which include the 7 trumpets and 7 bowls of wrath. Then yes you be given a chance. Just do not take the mark of the beast on your head or hand. This will be needed to buy and trade. There is no forgiveness for this. One will need to live off grid for at least 7 years...Why wait to ask for forgiveness?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join