It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk sports!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

im mexican so i can care less about your opinions on american sports,all i know is that theyre the greatest!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

No need to hate on the most successful sports league the world has ever seen. I've got nothing but respect for futbol (or however you want to identify it), but I do want to point out that when the NFL hosts football games in London the rate at which they sell out the stadiums is pretty amazing. Regardless if you follow American football or not I would think that going to an NFL game for the first time would be pretty entertaining. It's constant action performed by some of the most freakishly athletic people on earth.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
im mexican so i can care less about your opinions on american sports,all i know is that theyre the greatest!

If you're Mexican, then you'll appreciate the Meso-American sports that your ancestors or pre-compatriots took part in... Chucking a severed head through a hoop was a popular sport in those days...

Another popular sport was freeing a prisoner, who had to run for his life while his captors threw objects, spears and fired arrows at he fled for his life.

Ah, those wacky prototype Mexicans !

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamawitness
No need to hate on the most successful sports league the world has ever seen.

You mean the English Premier League ?

I've got nothing but respect for futbol (or however you want to identify it), but I do want to point out that when the NFL hosts football games in London the rate at which they sell out the stadiums is pretty amazing.

The same rate that Manchester United, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea et al. sell out all of those crappy stadiums in the US, you mean ?

Regardless if you follow American football or not I would think that going to an NFL game for the first time would be pretty entertaining. It's constant action performed by some of the most freakishly athletic people on earth.

I've watched American football before. It's about 10 seconds of action for every 2 minutes of commercial breaks.

The fact of the matter is that you've got some tights-clad ''men'' continuously bending over while the other ''man'' hovers around those upturned bottom cheeks.

Gay, gay, gay...

edit on 9-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Lol ok and in rugby dont they ball up in like a 20 man orgy?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
to be honest, i am really surprised that a topic about neil lennon (celtic fc) hasnt been started on here.
he has been through hell, and all in the name of sport.
loads of links around for stories about him, here is just one...

neill lennon article in the guardian

does this sort of news about UK football make it outside the UK to other countries news?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by djyorkie
to be honest, i am really surprised that a topic about neil lennon (celtic fc) hasnt been started on here.
he has been through hell, and all in the name of sport.
loads of links around for stories about him, here is just one...

neill lennon article in the guardian

does this sort of news about UK football make it outside the UK to other countries news?
futbol isnt the most popular sport in the US.especially not futbol from other countries,except when the world cup comes around and usa is a valid contender which is never.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join