It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons "Planned Raid On Bin Laden Hideout"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hey guys could we stay on topic please...

We are not fighting the American revolution all over again, just discussing something new that has just been announced that the Brits were also involved in Operation Neputune's Spear.

Thanks for all the comments/replies so far...Keep them coming.

edit on 5/8/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Point taken, and the brits did the world a favor by babysitting the Irish for us. So not bad at all, and as always our most loyal friends. Especially during the current war on terror.

So not bad for a little Island at all.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

One point i would pull you up on........"Britain not being the most technologically advanced" I think you may not be accurate there. BAE Systems ( A British Company) are one of the worlds largest arms manufactures and many of their military innovations are bought by countries through out the world. Amongst them the US. For instance Abrams Fighting Vehicles. When it comes to Tanks, the British Chobham armour is the best there is, and lets not forget veritical take-off aircraft. There are many more examples if you want them.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hey guys, kinda on topic kinda off, do brits have nukes? I assume we hooked them up during cold war right? And what is the current stat of british forces working with us? Didn't the brits mostly pull out already?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

Do the British have nukes? Well considering it was American, Canadian and BRITISH scientists that developed the nuclear bomb at Los Alamos then i think you will find the answer is Yes. British nuclear weapons are submarine launched.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

Jesus Chesster are you for real? Who stars your posts?

---------

On topic not even remotely surprised the British have obvious historical links to Pakistan, and I would be shocked if they didn't still have decent networks inside the country.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

Last night it emerged that President Obama had given the Navy Seal units orders to take extra precautions to identify Bin Laden clearly.

This led to one Seal being asked to lie down next to Bin Laden’s corpse to gauge the Al Qaeda chief’s 6ft 4in frame.

that is just plain ridiculous..i though they had DNA proof ...

Don't you think the alleged DNA testing might have happened a little AFTER their immediate, ons-ite efforts at identification?

and they still goofed it up,by having a power cut,which ment everyone for 10 miles was outside,and then by allegedly crashing a helo,even tho locals at the time said it exploded in the sky,and having to send in a rescue team.

Wasn't the chopper reported to have been shot down? You sure like playing monday morning quarterback with what was likely a complex operation.

I'm sure you would have done so much better:]

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
According to FOX News, George Bush single-handedly flew to Pakistan and killed Osama in hand-to-hand combat.

Now the brits are just trying to take his glory away.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
According to FOX News, George Bush single-handedly flew to Pakistan and killed Osama in hand-to-hand combat.

Now the brits are just trying to take his glory away.

Well maybe Blair was his sidekick..

Isn't that how those two worked??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me to be honest, America wanted to get it right first time, and the British special services are worldwide known to be the best there is when it comes to this sort of stuff. Basically "Right lads, you get us the intelligence on getting in there and we will provide the firepower".

A great example of America and Britain working side by side to combat terrorism...although I still believe OBL should have been taken alive with him being unarmed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thats funny, I could have swore it was SAS and not SBS. What gives? Last time I checked the Navy Seals of Team Six are so classified that nobody but a certain few are even aloud to deal with them. I still think Obama is full of crap on this so called OP. I would think that more people would have brought up the NEVER seen before Stealth Transport Chopper that was used. How did the Navy get theirs but the Army lost Comanche?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster
reply to post by TheMaverick

Bound to crash a helo at least once when fighting a war alone... hey but at least the brits trains wont go boom anymore. Thank you seals for saving the UK, and thank you brits for donating a map...
as always you have proved useful in war. Just like ww2, how you guys defeated hitler and all.

A little off topic i know but..while the CIA is running America i have the strange feeling that Britains trains will keep going 'boom'. Thanks.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

SAS stands for Special Air Service, SBS stands for Special Boat Service. They are more along the lines of the Navy Seals. But the two are the Top British Military Special OPS regiments.
Hey good to hear that the co-operation of the two Special OP's teams can accomplish the end result.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The SAS almost captured him sometime in 2001, but you guys made them wait so he got away

Bin Laden was located by British signals intelligence experts in a series of caves at Tora Bora in the White Mountains, 25 miles southwest of Jalalabad; but the assault on the caves was badly botched and risk aversion mentality won the day. A combined force of SAS and SBS commandos was just 20 minutes behind Bin Laden, but they were pulled off to allow US troops to go in for the kill. It took several hours for the Americans to get there, by which time he had escaped.

The SAS men setting up targets for Rummy's killers

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Some of the chest thumping above mixed with pure ignorance is gruesome to witness

I know it is getting a bit repetitive, but I dont believe this media offering either. It is just a way of trying to legitimise the operation and convince the general public that it was a joint intelligence operation - just like the 'UN' operation in Libya.

So the the combined might of the US military cannot carry out a raid without the expertise of two SBS Brits?

Us Brits are pretty good, but dont drag us into the US administrations mess...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Iam sorry, but the only reason it makes sense is because this country is ruled by the same elite as yours.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join