It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE Mothers day...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think it's just wrong. If you really need to get remind that you love your parents then something is wrong. It's just shows how superficial our society is. "Oh it's mothers day, time for the annual visit to her"

I hate it.
Either, appreciate your parents the whole year or don't care, but don't play the good child for one year.
My mother didn't get a present today, why should she today? I give her a present or say that i love her when the time is right and when i think she appreciates it. I don't think she appreciates a present on the day you're basically forced to give her something.

Can someone explain to me, why we need those stupid days?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
fathers day seems to have been created by the good people at Home Depot for the sake of having a guaranteed stellar shopping weekend outside of xmas, lol. We dont make this day a big deal around my house other than a few homemade cards and warm feelings. if anything, its more poignant when your mother no longer lives with you and you have started a family of your own. I am house sitting for my mom and that is my mothers day gift to her...taking care of her spoiled doggies for 5 days.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
CORPORATE HOLIDAYS ARE MY FAVORITE!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Think about the perspective of the child for a minute here, I woke up this morning to breakfast made for me, bacon and eggs and a cake no less, homebaked by my daughters. Happy Mother's day to me with a hearty side of I love you. You see, when their father died a couple years ago, I remember my youngest saying "father's day will haunt me for the rest of my life", my god that broke my heart. They used to get alot of joy out of figuring out something their dad would love, usually inexpensive fishing gear like homemade lures, etc. Making a homemade card at school they brought home or a clay something or other you couldn't really recognize had them beaming with pride.

So say what you will about how 'it's all commerical', 'it's ridiculous' because it should be everyday. Yes love is to be shared everyday, always. However it's important to my kids that they show me thru a geniune gift , not a bought one, that they appreciate me, because I'm still here. The memories I have of homemade cards, disaster kitchen clean up on my mother's days are something I will always treasure and be very thankful for, because it's means alot to them that they have a parent to do it for.

My kids love me everyday, as I do them, but I would never want to take away the value they've learned out of giving from their hearts out of love. Teaching children that expressing and giving are not bad things at all in my opinion, whatsoever.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm I the only guy that feels like mothers day is four times a year? I swear I see posters and stuff saying Happy mothers day more than twice a year, I'm confused.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

I hate mothers day

why is it mothers only get one day?

is it so we can treat them like crap for the rest of the year?
We TRY to make up of for the disrespect with onlyONE day dedicated to mothers?

I see mothers day as disrespectful our mothers deserve more MUCH much more.... don't mean to pull the race card but what about black history MONTH!!!

To all the mothers out there I thank you daily and dedicate 2012 the end of the world to you, without our mothers we would have never have gotten this far!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS YEAR!!!!!

While it is natural that all children should have a natural respect and love for "Their Mothers", maybe to be fair we should also "Blame Mothers" for the children they have produced and raised. In fact, we could Blame mothers for this world and while I am on this train of thought, we could in all fairness blame women for much of what is F Up in this world if you believe that men are motivated and in many cases the result of what women want. My mother is dead but was a wonderful woman but during her life, she very much disapproved of much in the would and considered America a nation of murderous no class mongrels. I think giving Mothers credit where credit is due..and blame where blame is due is a concept worth considering and of course, let's never forget Eve.
edit on 8-5-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

everybody gets treated like crap onw way or another its nothing perssonal,what about fathers dayim a father and i only get one day as well as other fathers,no different, the greatest thing we can do for our mothers is hold them up high,they get worried and offended naturally,no matter what you do, happy mothers day to all the mommys

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I agree with your point to some extent. I do believe motherhood comes with the responsibility of raising children to be good people, honest people, loving people. Obviously, mothers today are kinda slacking on that. However, I wouldn't only blame mothers. They're all doing what they believe they have to do... and usually that includes handing their children over to childcare/educational institutions, where they spend more time with strangers than they spend with their family, where they are indoctrinated by the system just as their parents were.

Speaking from personal experience, from my heart, I'm afraid women today don't really understand what it means to be a woman. We don't understand what is feminine and how important it is for our feminine influence to provide a balance in our world, to teach our children (especially our boys) about love and respect for life. We are not sharing with the world our depth of feeling, we're withholding our true nature... I don't think most of us even know how to access it and explore it.

I think women have an inherent materialism, because we know that material things are necessary for our children, but we have been manipulated to make it our focus and concentrate our energy on it even when our real material needs are being met. My mother has always expressed her love by giving things, instead of affection. We've never had an intimate discussion about anything. She seems completely unconcerned about the state of the world that her grandchildren are growing up in, which is a trait that I've observed in most other women that I know.

We're distracted and we think we're powerless. Instead of trying to change the world to make it a better environment for our children, we try to change our children to make them better able to handle the existing environment. I think it's sad and very wrong.

As mothers we have all the power in the world. The world of the future depends on how we raise our children.

Being a mother is an overwhelming responsibility and I agree with the OP that mothers should be appreciated everyday. Mother's Day was originally intended not as a day to appreciate mothers, but as a day for mothers to be united by their dreams for their children, the dream of a peaceful world where they can achieve their potential of happiness. The woman who campaigned for the holiday in the first place ended up protesting against it when the true meaning was replaced with gifts and greeting cards.

Do I really deserve to be honored today? I don't really think so. I will call it a truly Happy Mother's Day when the world becomes a place more worthy of my children and I no longer have to feel like I made a mistake bringing them into it...

/end rant

top topics

<< 1   >>

join