It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I HATE Mothers day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I hate mothers day

why is it mothers only get one day?

is it so we can treat them like crap for the rest of the year?
We TRY to make up of for the disrespect with onlyONE day dedicated to mothers?

I see mothers day as disrespectful our mothers deserve more MUCH much more.... don't mean to pull the race card but what about black history MONTH!!!

To all the mothers out there I thank you daily and dedicate 2012 the end of the world to you, without our mothers we would have never have gotten this far!!!

HAPPY MOTHERS YEAR!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I know dads get their day in June but you have a good point. Any hands on parent shoud get props every day of the year. It's never easy and not one of us would trade it for anything.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Coming from someone with a huge Oedipus complex everyday is mothers day in our house

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
What about father's day? Fathers are always taken for granted. Mother's day comes with a big fan fair. Father's day comes and it's just a come and go thing.
All you fathers out there know what I'm talking about.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
"Dedicate 2012 the end of the world to you"

I know you didn't mean this the way it came out but...damn!

One hell of a dedication. lol

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
"Dedicate 2012 the end of the world to you"

I know you didn't mean this the way it came out but...damn!

One hell of a dedication. lol

ROFL oops .... you must be a cia disinfo agent Trollin eh... LOL i kid

I chose 2012 because of its popularity.
wanted to give the mothers that kind of publicity...

Originally posted by WeRpeons
What about father's day? Fathers are always taken for granted. Mother's day comes with a big fan fair. Father's day comes and it's just a come and go thing.
All you fathers out there know what I'm talking about.

I agree but with mothers day being tomorrow I had to say my piece for the mothers... I am a father of 2 so I understand.

OH and DAVE my friends Call me Rex.... Oedipus REX

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I definitley agree with the thread starter and you can get rid of fathers day, thanksgiving, valentines day and any other commercialized holidays.

reply to post by WeRpeons

There are alot more good mothers than there are fathers... just sayin

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Don't do away with "Mother's Day"....I love it. Today my youngest daughter, 33 yrs old and her husband took me out to eat at my favorite Mexican Food Restaurant, then they took me to a nursery and bought me a gorgeous Nectarine Tree for the start of an orchard on our place. (and three more kids to go :lol

*I love my children and I love the special attention

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

that put a smile on my face.. have a great day tomorrow!

just imagine getting that treatment every weekend... it might get to be a bit too much.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i got into a HUGE fight with my moms bout the hole OBL issue. we arent talking right now but of course im gonna be the good son and call her tommro. i love my mom but we just cant talk bout current events or world issues. kinda sucks oh well though she still brought me into this world so she got me there

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Dear -W1LL,

My mother is dead, my wife of 25 years left me for another man, I love my ex-mother in law; but, it seems wrong to intrude on the day her daughter should take her out. I gave my youngest money to buy a present for her mother, the woman that cheated on me and took my money. I have told my children and will say again, you only get one mother and one father. Mine are both gone.

Being a parent means that you can never be right again, attempting to do what is best for your children above your own needs makes you a a parent. My parents are dead and I celebrate them everyday by living what they taught me that I know is true. By teaching me right. I send prayers for my ex-Mother in law, she has always been there and has always loved me, I love her also.

I want to add something. My ex Mother in Law, when she heard we were divorcing refused to discuss the matter with her daughter. She refused to hear a bad word about me. I just sent my daughter a text to tell my ex mother in law how I love her tomorrow, I will not be there.Don't forget mother in laws, I had a great one. When my mother died, it was my mother in law (who never attended funerals) that helped me pick the casket, she was that good to me and loved me that much.

I will not blame my mother in law for what happened to me, I will always love her, when my mother died I told her that she was the only mother I had now and she was and she was a great one. She apparently took on that responsibility and always will, that is not typical for the exes family, we can all learn. I hope this hasn't gone off topic, waith, it can't, this was a rant.

Our mother is the woman who teaches us softness and firmness at the same time, it is the elder that calms us, that gives us reassurance. It could be a grandmother, a stepmother, a mother, an aunt, it could be many women in our lives that show us the female side of correct. I pray that God kisses you all tomorrow. Be well.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Not at all off topic,, and well said..

I am truly sorry for your loss.. but you parents are not lost, only waiting to be reunited with you.

I had a similar mother In-law.

she cared about all the right things and ignored the negative.

accepted me for who i was and welcomed me into her family... the world needed a good person like her and I miss her every day...

she died of cancer that could have been prevented avoided caught early and stopped... none of those things happened and our society failed her...

this link is in no way off topic.. evertime I tell someone about Judy my mother inlaw I mention Vitamin B17 and its preventative effects against cancer.

www.gaia-health.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Thanks!!!

that put a smile on my face.. have a great day tomorrow!

just imagine getting that treatment every weekend... it might get to be a bit too much.

You are right----that much attention all the time would get old fast. I can see me now....as I see them heading to my house----running to lock the doors........and then the hubby and I hiding in a closet making pretend we aren't home!

edit on 8-5-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: added to

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
They of course should be treated with respect every day of the year (provided they're an atleast semi good mom), but one day for just them must be special for most of them. My mom left me so I don't have to worry about it. Yay for Father's Day!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Heres a special Mothers day present to all the women out there. My your days be filled with joy and everlasting peace.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I dont like mothers day, its just another day thats big for companies who like to profit out of these sorts of things. Its lost its message just the same as christmas and easter. Its all too materialistic.
I agree with the OP, every mother should be treated like its mothers day every single day. They are being a mother every single day.

I always feel bad though when you think about people seeing all those mothers day adverts and having lost a child or going through a custordy battle etc. It just makes them remember the pain all over again and its even worse knowing that mothers day is mainly now seen as a day that can be used for monetary gain...

Ahh. the joys of being over empathetic.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thank you for that. I certainly agree & appreciate your ideas & sentiments. Mothers not only care for their children from the day of conception (most anyway, there are the "mothers" who don't deserve that title). Mothers wipe the hiney, kiss the booboos, cook, clean, do the laundry, attend to the Dr appointments, school meetings, shuttle to & from various practices, games & events & a lot of the time still hold down a full time, or part time, job outside of the home. I'm not saying fathers don't do the same as I was raised by a single father who I owe so much to for making me the strong woman I am. But for all of you mothers out there who do so much for so very little in return, our day will come when our children will realize, "Oh wow, I didn't realize how tough this job is!" & a big THANK YOU, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! YOU'RE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED FOR NOT ONLY THE JOB YOU DO BUT FOR THE WONDERFUL CHILDREN YOU ARE & HAVE RAISED!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I hate mother's day too, it doesn't make sense that you can be mean to your Mon all year except one day. I don't need the break

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just wanted to add:

Anna Jarvis: Her Disappointment with Mothers Day Commercialization
It is poignant to note that though Miss Anna Jarvis devoted her life for the establishment of national Mothers Day but in the end she was disappointed at the way thing turned out.

She was concerned with reform, not revenue. She hated the commercialization of the day, so much so that she felt sorry for ever starting the tradition of celebrating Mothers Day.

Anna died at the age of 84 on November 24, 1948. She is interred beside her mother in West Laurel Hill Cemetery in Philadelphia. On the day of her burial, bell on the Andrews Church in Grafton was tolled eighty-four times in her honor. The Anna Jarvis Birthplace Museum is located four miles south of Grafton on U.S. Route 119/250.

Happy Mothers Day Mommy as that and a OAM OAM OAM for peace is all you will get from me today

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That Father's day comment had me rolling, for some reason. It does come and go with little to no recognition.

Happy Mother's day... Had to make my own thread. Sorry!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join