It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a jew anything!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i am a orthodox jew. Please ask anything. keep it civil.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Have you seen the movie "The Infidel" ? If not, watch it! It's on Netflix.

It's a comedy.

How Orthodox are you? What is your concept of G-d like?

edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
LOL dude. You know you're in for one heck of an adventure opening this post, right?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Do you think art school should be free to all artist, sense we all know what happened when one particular artist didn't get in to a certain school in Vienna?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How would you respond to questions of the Jewish faith placing materialism over spirituality?

This questions does not represent my view point but I am interested to hear the answere.

As an additional question... A large percentage of Jews are wealthy? Whats the secret? (you did say anything
)

Take care,
Reflected

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian

Well...okay.

Why did you guys kill Jesus?

Now we have all these crazy christians running around acting all holier-than-thou.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Can you answer this question for David who is also Jewish.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Well...okay.

Why did you guys kill Jesus?

Now we have all these crazy christians running around acting all holier-than-thou.

The Romans did that, didn't they?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Watch what you say folks ! Mossad may is fishing...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BioStatistic

Only because the Jews pushed it through.

At least, if you believe the whole bible thingy.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Two questions -

1) What's the orthodox jewish view on violence/self-defense?

2) What's the consensus orthodox view on the Israel/palestinians situation?

Thanks pellian.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
What is "Is"?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think the original poster is trolling, unless Jews believe in the rapture (they don't) check out his other existing threads.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A few years ago I owned a bar in Korea and one of my friends (Jewish) was also in Korea during the Christmas and Hanukkah Season.

Anyway, as it seemed that he was more alone than the other foreigners because of his religion, we had our own closed party for him. My wife (Korean) delved into the recipe box and made a few traditional goodies that he said his mom would have made and we mad a Menorah out of tinfoil and a coat hanger. All we could do!

My question is, although he seemed happy and glad to have a small ceremony with friends (I'm not up on my ceremonies but it was where we stood around holding hands and he said some prayer?), was this in any way an insult to the Jewish people?

To have the food prepared by a Korean, the Menorah made from scrap and the prayer that included non-Jewish people?

And, we of course didn't understand the prayer but it was important to our friend that we participated.

He seemed happy and almost moved to tears but I always wondered if maybe he didn't tell us that this was an insult as it wasn't traditional and he just didn't say anything because we were his friends and that was good enough for him. Being so far from home and all.

Thanks

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

what's the orgin of antisemitism ?

what's the origin of zionism ?

why is that that jewish History is a separate topic from History in all zionists university in Israël ?

i have a lot more questions

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Dear pelian,

I saw the thread and couldn't help but ask. I am a Christian, so we get that out of the way so that you can understand where I am coming from. Why were the Jews thrown out of Israel? Why were they returned to Israel? I have read that those who follow Kabbalah believe non-Jews have a lesser soul, what is your perspective on this matter, what do you believe Jews were chosen for?

I am not attempting to be tricky, I would like to know your perspective. I am asking Christians the same thing on my blog. I will not provide the link, not a promotion. Because you are orthodox, I think your answer may be more telling. The last thing I will ask is what do you think of the times we are living in, the jews have returned to Israel and many, including the Jewish Congress prior to World War II, thought that would never happen.

I believe I have kept my questions and comments civil, I am not looking to get into a debate with you over beliefs, I appreciate the opportunity to hear yours. Be well.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

What is the most important commandment in your religion?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Poker

Just a guess; but, the answer will probably be "Do not have any other Gods before me". They did not give that answer to Jesus because they asked him a question and gave a good answer.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
um...there are a lot of questions getting backed up.

You started this and WE WANT the answers!

lol

All good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join