It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record wildlife die offs reported around Yellowstone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
IMO this is just the longer winters killing them... but I would like to see any input from geologists/Yellowstone aficionados if this could have any link with the Yellowstone volcano... probably not linked, but still interesting.

Record wildlife die-offs reported in Northern Rockies

A record number of big-game animals perished this winter in parts of Montana, Idaho and Wyoming from a harsh season of unusually heavy snows and sustained cold in the Northern Rockies, state wildlife managers say.

Snow and frigid temperatures in pockets of Idaho, Montana and Wyoming arrived earlier and lingered longer than usual, extending the time that wildlife were forced to forage on low reserves for scarce food, leading more of them to starve.

Wildlife managers estimate die-offs in the tens of thousands across thousands of square miles that span prairie in northeastern Montana, the upper Snake River basin in Idaho near Yellowstone National Park and the high country of northwestern Wyoming near the exclusive resort of Jackson.

The trend also is pronounced in a wildlife management area near McCall in the mountains of central Idaho, where the estimated mortality rate among mule deer fawns is 90 percent this winter, compared with an average annual rate of 20 percent.

A few reasons why those animals might have died... contaminated food, lack of food, disease, fireworks
, radiation from Fukushima... probably none of this killed those animals, we would need a deeper investigation...

Even if it is only the cold killing those animals, this is really bad news for them... With those rates of die offs, it might make some species extinct if it continues... but remember, 99%+ of all species that ever lived on earth are extinct today... So... this is just part for the course in mother earth's history.

Anyway hopefully this is not the canary in the coal mine.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
that is too large a number and too localized around Yellowstone for me to believe that this last winter is the cause.

If the winter was so bad we would have see the same numbers of livestock sheep horses cattle would have also been lost... and I am not seeing anything like that around here.

something is NOT right around Yellowstone.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Great point. Thanks for the read. One can only hope that this is a natural occurrence.

I wonder if this thread is interesting enough to get 404ed like 3 others I saw today.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh man, that is so sad. It would be nice for me to post in a thread today that doesn't get deleted or closed but this is just darned sad whether it's natural and explainable by a long hard winter or not, it doesn't make one wonder if there is some tectonic activity producing more toxic gas than usual or if these animals have been poisoned by something else.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am in Missouri we had a bitter cold winter. Animals are not dying here. We are talking about states that are used to cold and then just unusually colder. But our animals did not die of starvation or even up north of us. Its interesting just these states. What about Colorado?? This is food for thought if other states are cold and it is not happening to them.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
All these toys that the black ops has, has to be tested on someone or something.
Fine tune their systems before they go ummm....public.

I have no doubt that the electrical impulses in out body's have been well understood for many Many years....and technology exists that can alter, change or even disrupt/stop our signals from flowing properly.
ie,..We All Fall Down.

Guessing this technology is up in orbit right now, just waiting for the right situation.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Sulfur leak from the volcano. Its getting active?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm in Roundup, Mt. There has been talk about a parasite this year that is causing a lot of deaths in the deer. I wonder if that's part of the numbers.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I really hope the wildlife management people do not use the die off of game animals like elk, deer and moose as an excuse to gun down the wolves in the area. With a die off that big, it's going to be harder to get hunters who were on the fence about the wolves to come over to the side of the wolves.

I would be interested in the small animals as well. Is there a big die off there too?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Its most likely to be a leak from the volcano itself. That's the most logical explanation.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This might be something worthy of paying attention to folks. First off we have news of a quake in/around Yellowstone:

"3.3 Earthquake Yellow Stone"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And now these mysterious deaths? Even MORE mysterious animal deaths?!? Something is up...something has BEEN UP SINCE WE HIT 2011!!

Say what you will but as more time goes by, with the strange weather/geomagnetic/geological/economic raping of countries around the world/increased lies and flat out deceit by our political "leaders"/increase of UFO activity/the "leaking" of UFO documents/the YOU NAME IT, that is occurring at an ever increasing rapid pace...the more and more I am beginning to believe that something BIG IS UP and we are NOT BEING TOLD ABOUT IT!

Call it Elenin, call it NWO finally having pulled the trigger to usher in their final plan, call it Bluebeam, or call it what you will but something big is up....something that I am beginning to believe will adversely affect mankind around the world in a very bad way. I mean once you put all of the pieces of this rapidly occurring puzzle together, it is kind of hard to NOT see that something is WAY out of the ordinary with regards to how our world turns (for lack of a better description). I mean ask yourself....why does Norway or whatever country up in the Nordic North have a VERY giant seed bank that is buried so far down, with reinforced concrete and steel that could withstand damn near a direct hit from an ICBM, that must have cost close to a billion $$$ to build?!?

Why now it seems that we have more break though discoveries in science in such a short span then ever before? Why the release NOW of our Criminal in Chief O'Bummer's blatant poor excuse of a birth certificate that would obviously get picked apart by those of us that are considered to be AWAKE (NOT freaking conspiracy theorists as that was a term invented to serve no purpose other than to discredit/label someone as being crazy/lunatic) right around the time that they so called captured and killed Osama?!? Why now are we seeing an onslaught in the midwest of the U.S. of tornadoes like never seen before that are being picked up on Doppler Radar 24-48 hours BEFORE they hit in the form of HAARP RINGS?!? (see Dutchsense videos on youtube if ya don't believe), and speaking of weather and HAARP rings showing up on Doppler Radar 24-48 hours prior to, check out his videos PREDICTING that severe thunderstorms/flooding/weather would strike (this was happening just prior to the tornadoes onslaught that began...I guess TPTB wanted to change things up a bit and graduated to tornadoes).

I mean folks....the list goes on and on!! You CANNOT DENY IT ANYMORE folks! The world is a VERY BIZARRE PLACE TO LIVE IN RIGHT NOW and have any of you asked yourself why? Why now? Man it's like damn....say even if someone WANTED to stand up and attempt to "do something" about what is/has happened to their world, their country, WHERE WOULD THEY EVEN BEGIN TO START??!?! Sorry for what originally intended to be a short to the point contribution to the OP's thread but turned more into a rant...I guess I just got hit with a feeling of overwhelming hopelessness

As you were, as you were....S&F OP.

Turk

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
When I read over this two things came to mind.

I was in Yellowstone last summer while there we learned that in the winter the animal gather around the vents to keep warm. The gas vents all over the park spew hot air unfortunately as we all know they also emit sulfur gas which has killed many animal because they stayed too close for too long.

The other thing that came to mind was the bear attacks I was in the park (opposite end of park) when a bear attack happened, the one where the bear just tore into a tent. I don't remember what was found out about the bear ie sick or ...... but I remember wondering if there was something going on that was making the bear/s/animals extra edgy, that us humans couldn't pick up on.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I live in Jackson, the nearest town to the South Entrance of Yellowstone. There are often ATS segments about the area here. Super volcano stuff, giant earthquake stuff.... now mass die offs. Sorry, haven't heard about it here! I've been here nearly 30 years. Snow was deep this year. They extended the No Human Presence on the elk refuges this year by two weeks to let the snow melt and the animals have greater access to the back country but this news about die offs..... not in our newspapers, not on our radio, no rumors around town...... nothing out of the ordinary. No extra gas from the geothermal areas, and yes, some animals use some heat in winter but not that many. Yellowstone is vast and the thermal areas few in comparison. Yellowstone is nearly 3,5 million square miles, larger than Rhode Island or Delaware. We have small earthquakes frequently. We have lots of animals. Some years more die off than others. Climate change seems to mean new parasites, beetle kills in the forests, new mosquito born diseases, wasting disease in the deer..... some years are better, some worse. But massive die offs? New news to me!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Gas Drilling at Yellowstone
Mining natural gas with the use of hydraulic fracturing cause all sorts of badness. No surprise here that everything will be dead in the next 10 years.
edit on 8/5/11 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
IMO this is just the longer winters killing them... but I would like to see any input from geologists/Yellowstone aficionados if this could have any link with the Yellowstone volcano... probably not linked, but still interesting.

We had a really rough winter. I'm up near YS. Right now, this seems normal to me. I've seen this happen before.
What would scare me is if I stopped seeing as many deer and other wildlife than I usually do. This year there are a lot more geese, than I recall.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
I live in Jackson, the nearest town to the South Entrance of Yellowstone. There are often ATS segments about the area here. Super volcano stuff, giant earthquake stuff.... now mass die offs. Sorry, haven't heard about it here! I've been here nearly 30 years. Snow was deep this year. They extended the No Human Presence on the elk refuges this year by two weeks to let the snow melt and the animals have greater access to the back country but this news about die offs..... not in our newspapers, not on our radio, no rumors around town...... nothing out of the ordinary. No extra gas from the geothermal areas, and yes, some animals use some heat in winter but not that many. Yellowstone is vast and the thermal areas few in comparison. Yellowstone is nearly 3,5 million square miles, larger than Rhode Island or Delaware. We have small earthquakes frequently. We have lots of animals. Some years more die off than others. Climate change seems to mean new parasites, beetle kills in the forests, new mosquito born diseases, wasting disease in the deer..... some years are better, some worse. But massive die offs? New news to me!

I feel for you, I would not want to be next door to old man yellow when he finally blows.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OoohLaDeDa

Maybe its better to be close and have it quick! Look at the map and see the extent of the ash that fell after the last 3 eruptions....(from Minnesota to Louisiana and out to California) of which the most recent was 640.000 years ago! Like a nuclear winter..... a game changer for humanity, but Odds are still in my favor or not being blown to bits by Yellowstone in my lifetime!.

survive2012.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Right now, this seems normal to me. I've seen this happen before.

Except it's not normal. Not the DEATH RATE of the die offs anyway...

The trend also is pronounced in a wildlife management area near McCall in the mountains of central Idaho, where the estimated mortality rate among mule deer fawns is 90 percent this winter, compared with an average annual rate of 20 percent.

90% death rate compared to 20% usually... not normal at all.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
that is too large a number and too localized around Yellowstone for me to believe that this last winter is the cause.

If the winter was so bad we would have see the same numbers of livestock sheep horses cattle would have also been lost... and I am not seeing anything like that around here.

something is NOT right around Yellowstone.

No.

You would not have seen the same numbers in livestock, because ranchers take pains to ensure the animals have enough food, and in some cases (such as during calving season for example) shelter, and attempt to compensate when the weather is that cold and tumultuous.

There have been more losses than usual this year in livestock, however the numbers of livestock loss will be significantly lower than the losses in wildlife. We had a deer lay down and freeze to death beside our driveway, but all of our horses are alive and well, fat and happy (because we took care of them.)

I'm not an expert, but I live 90 miles from Yellowstone, in Montana, and I have livestock. This winter was bad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join