It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Accident at Plant in Mississippi USA gets Totally Ignored!!! Why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
This is outrageous! Thank you so much for getting this out there. It is just another example of how little we know about what is going on around us, thanks to cover-ups and deceit.

I know. It's really scary. I didn't even know about this facility or the one in north Alabama until the earthquake happened in Japan. I had no idea either existed before then. I'm in the Memphis, TN area and both facilities are only a few hours away.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Was it an accident, or a malfunction?

Human error, or a system error?

Answers to these questions will never be made public.

By the way, New Orleans gets its drinking water directly from the Mississippi river.

edit on 8-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Answers to this questions will never be made public.

By the way, New Orleans gets its drinking water directly from the Mississippi river.

Wow that sucks. I was not aware of that.
Perhaps they need to go with bottled water now?

I would personally take fluoridated water over tritium-idated water.

If that info is true, this will harm far more people than I initially anticipated. Dang, that really sucks...

Also what will never be made public is the Volume of contaminated liquid pumped. We simply do not know how much material is involved here. It could be a lot, or a little. Hard to say without a stack of documents revealing it.

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by wasco2
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think your source is scare mongering, probably to further an anti-nuke agenda. I'm sure it a conspiracy and all but did anyone notice how the NRC classed this?:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef164ee2d219.jpg[/atsimg]

Think that might be why it's not in the news?

So dumping radioactive tritium in the largest river in the USA is safe? Wrong!

It is not classed as an emergency because the material was released Intentionally and then the release was halted when they realized what they were doing (supposedly-I doubt it but...).

An emergency is something they can "do something about". You cannot do anything about an accidental release like this. It's done its over.

The emergency DOES exist with anyone living downstream of this event. Radioactive tritium is dangerous. Please do some basic research about it.

When you learn the reason why they label things as emergency you will understand quickly that it has nothing to do with how "safe" the areas around the disaster site are. It has to do with what can be done and what needs to be done at the disaster site itself to prevent further contamination. Since they "shut off the valve" , there is no more further needed actions. Therefore- not an emergency.

It's just a really big mistake.

Think about it.

edit on 8-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Well said brother, well said. That's the hole point of it, we can't go by what the same people who created the problem tell us now.

Radioactive crap on the river is an emergency no need of an official anouncement to make an opinion.

link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
Budapest, Hungary
Back to WWA

Share: Megosztás

SummaryEvent DescriptionSituation Update Google MapAdditional InformationAbout CountryPopulationRisk AnalysisPhotos Video Report Nuclear Event - North-America
Event summary
EDIS Number NC-20110503-30570-USA
Event type: Nuclear Event Date / time [UTC]: 03/05/2011 - 02:56:08
Country: USA (Pacific Region) Area: Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant
County / State: State of Mississippi City: Port Gibson
Cause of event: Unknown Log date [UTC]: 03/05/2011 - 02:56:08
Damage level: Time left: -
Latitude: 32° 0.441 Longitude: 91° 2.962
Dead person(s): N/A Injured person(s): N/A
Missing person(s): N/A Infected person(s): N/A
Evacuated person(s): N/A Affected person(s):

this is from the RSOE Global Incident Report
Link: hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Answers to these questions will never be made public.

edit on 8-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

You're right. Even when these events are on mainstream news, they tend to get swept under the rug quickly. A little off topic, but last summer (I think) there was a news story on Yahoo News about an emergency meeting of congress dealing with protecting the country's power grid. I swear, an hour later it was gone and I couldn't find it again. That's one of the things I love about ATS. The news here is many times, more in depth and reported faster than on regular TV news.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Depending on the volume of the release, and the river is at record high levels now, flooding a lot of land, so I assume that the dilution/dispersion would make it less dangerous by the time it gets to New Orleans.

BUT, people could have been exposed, and those who eat cat fish from the river, etc could have been exposed anywhere along the river, or its tributaries.... THAT is why this news must be controlled.

Imagine the lawsuits there will be if this has happened?

The economic impact, the already damaged image of nuclear power... etc.

I'm surprised any of it was reported, the fact that it was at all is somewhat alarming.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just to add more info to your excellent thread....

I thought I would check out cancer rates by state vs. Nuclear plant locations and this is what I came up with.

What is great about the site with the cancer rates is you can produce a map by state, county, cancer type, male female, etc. So you can chart lots of different data.

This chart was sorted by Thryroid cancer as I believe that is the one that is caused by radiation. What other cancers does this radition leaks cause? I don't know, but I'm sure it isn't just Thyroid.

In any event, there seems to be some correlation between Thyroid cancers and Plant locations, at least from what I can tell.

Cancer Charts

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/124b93681233.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b50f9d9b27a.jpg[/atsimg]

NRC Map

(Not sure how to post an image that gives you the scroll bar - any help would be appreciated)
edit on 8-5-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Hate to break it to ya but this was reported about a few days after fukushima. The feds were trying to tell everyone the leak was from Japan

Yeah. A couple of days into the event and the water from Japan made it around the horn of S. America and up to the east coast. What am I saying. It took the canal

Your correct. Why wasnt it reported on more?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

i had an uneasy feeling immediately after the japan incident with projected wind patterns taken into consideration that there could be a possibility that certain nuclear interests in other countries could 'offload' unwanted coolants/materials into the environment and if there was the possibility that the mainstream got wind of increased radioactivity levels, could simply point the finger at the japan incident, thus delegating liability to the media-saturated incident.
f

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Unlike any other species on our planet, human beings hold within our power the ability to bring about mass-extinctions and unnatural population reductions.

What happens when mankind loses the ability to control it?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Stop your panic.

www.natchezdemocrat.com...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Not so sure about that. Those are population centers where there's a large increase. A lot of places where the population is lower or the pollution is less see little to no increase.

Now I'm pretty sure the Romans or someone said this, but thyroid cancer rates are a good indication of local health levels. As you can see. The places with pollution have huge gains. The south and Midwest with large numbers of plants simply do not have the same rates as other places. So there's no correlation. There's a correlation that pollution is a big factor though.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Only in certain levels. Mostly every element on the periodic table is present to some degree at every location on the Earth. What matters is the quantity. At a certain level, some things become deadly. The level they released was not that level. And that level spread across the entire river is even less deadly. So much so that it simply is not a problem. They did not do it on purpose. They were literally just pumping flood water. What they got into the river was x amount of years of radioactive dust gathering on the walls. No different than eating a banana.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I dont understand..........WHY is the GOV not making a mass report on this incident? Is it cause of the backlash? Is it not their DUTY to protect the people and inform them?

I have lost all hope in a GOV for the people, by the people.

edit on 8-5-2011 by morf991 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
well atleast it happened south of tenesee. with the downed levies and the flooding going on there think of all the land that would be contaminated had it been a little farther north.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

So it says that its not strong enough to penetrate the skin but then 2 sentences later it says its dangerous when absorbed through the skin? im very confused

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Your whole post was almost complete BS. What was released into the river was a small amount of collected rainwater that was contaminated with a small amount of tritium. Monitoring equipment on the pumps detected the radiation almost immediately. It was a non emergency because no one was at risk. Toxicology is all about the dosage. Anything in the right dose is lethal.

I'm sure this is a lie too:

“Although the concentrations of tritium exceeded EPA drinking water limits, the release should not represent a hazard to public health because of its dilution in the river,” said Lara Uselding, public affairs officer with the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Region IV.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I just found out there was a nuclear accident here in the USA.

So WHY is the MSM ignoring our very own nuclear disaster in Mississippi USA? (Also LA because the power plant is on the border with that other state as well) ??

I wonder if this is a plant made/developed by GE cause that would explain alot

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This should REALLY scare people. If nuclear accidents can happen in the US with not a single word on the media, what else is covered up?

If this never gets covered, I'll be staying here even less longer than I originally thought.

EDIT: Then again on second thought, where am I really going to go since nuclear becomes a global catastrophe?

edit on 5/8/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join