It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmakers Pass Controversial Anti-Abortion Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
So basicly, This bill aims to guilt trip women into keeping there babies? Wow, Thats what the abortion debate has turned into? Amazing.

You might aswell make it compulsive for the doctor to say "In a few minuets i will abort this baby and you should know, that in doing this, Your killing an innocent child and your going to burn in hell for it, I hope you can live with that"

Friggin religious nutters.

great another boring predictable who shows a very base ability in comprehension and reading skills -see credible majority of witnesses EXPERIENCED testimonies as mine is also as well as the Physicians, Doctors, Scientists etc.

or is it "men/women", keep up the hopeless lifeless faithless death culture so a certain group of murderous schemers that worship violence, bloodshed, mula and rules taught by "men" can get their rocks off from your ignoRANTS in the Creators design and purpose?

as for your "religious nutter", it would do yourself some good just to look into the word religion alone before commenting! and some more addressing meeneee mouses propaganda as well-

A clene religioun, and an vnwemmed anentis God and the fadir, is this, to visite fadirles and modirles children, and widewis in her tribulacioun-James2

For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.-Romans2

Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming liberty, every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbour-Jeremiah34

Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD? Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?-Isaiah58

Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them. And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.-1

For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.-Romans8

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.-2Corinthians3

Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.-John4

For he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.-Galatinas4

do not to say within yourselves, we have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.-Luke3

Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you-John8

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie.-Revelation3

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.-Galatians3

so if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed-1Peter

yet-
that question came up only because of some so-called Christians there—false ones, really —who were secretly brought in. They sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. They wanted to enslave us and force us to follow their Jewish regulations.
Galatians 2 NLT
biblegateway.com en.wikisource.org...(Wycliffe)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Originally posted by meeneecat

keep dreaming skippy!

If there is one absolutely essential function of a nation or state, it is to protect the lives of those who live within its boundaries. In order to carry out this solemn duty it must first ask and answer when the life of its people begins.

Life begins at the moment of conception. This has indeed been proven by much scientific and medical research.www.uky.edu...

And the dragoun stood bifore the womman, that was to berynge child, that whanne sche hadde borun child, he schulde deuoure hir sone.-Revelation12 en.wikisource.org...(Wycliffe)/Apocalips#Chapter_12

And the angel (Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God) said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.-Luke1

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son-Matthew1

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.-Psalm127

Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.-Matthew2

“That is, in human reproduction, when sperm joins ovum, these two individual cells cease to be, and their union generates a new and distinct organism. This organism is a whole, though in the beginning developmentally immature, member of the human species. Readers need not take our word for this: They can consult any of the standard human-embryology texts, such as Moore and Persaud’s The Developing Human, Larsen’s Human Embryology, Carlson’s Human Embryology & Developmental Biology, and O’Rahilly and Mueller’s Human Embryology & Teratology.” – Dr. Robert George

“Human embryos, whether they are formed by fertilization (natural or in vitro) or by successful somatic-cell nuclear transfer (SCNT — i.e., cloning), do have the internal resources and active disposition to develop themselves to the mature stage of a human organism, requiring only a suitable environment and nutrition. In fact, scientists distinguish embryos from other cells or clusters of cells precisely by their self-directed, integral functioning — their organismal behavior. Thus, human embryos are what the embryology textbooks say they are, namely, human organisms — living individuals of the human species — at the earliest developmental stage.” – Dr. Robert George www.fallibleblogma.com...

It is certainly no secret that this sort of self-policing never works in environments where large amounts of money are involved. In this case, the result is that the corpses of children killed by elective abortion are now marketed like old car parts salvaged from the local junkyard. Rhetoric like "site fees," "donations," and "retrieval reimbursement costs" are simply code words designed to conceal that fact. www.lifedynamics.com...

A number of studies have been done recently that document abortion's HARM TO WOMEN. This is a collection of them. www.clinicquotes.com...

Deaths of pregnant women, he explains, will be blamed on unsafe abortion and the lack of reproductive rights. So abortion activists are trying to wed that with maternal death numbers, which, according to Meaney, "doesn't work scientifically speaking, but it's very useful for propaganda purposes." He explains that the countries involved are often pro-life, but they face strong economic pressures to bow to abortion forces. "The major donors for health projects tend to also be very much on the pro-abortion side, and so there's something of an exchange that goes on," the HLI spokesman reports. www.onenewsnow.com...

Dr. Liley, who did the first fetal blood transfusion in the womb, said that seven days after fertilization: ". . . the young individual, in command of his environment and destiny with a tenacious purpose, implants in the spongy lining and with a display of physiological power, suppresses his mother’s menstrual period. This is his home for the next 270 days and to make it habitable, the embryo develops a placenta and a protective capsule of fluid for himself. He also solves, single-handed, the homograft problem, that dazzling feat by which foetus and mother, although immunological foreigners who could not exchange skin grafts nor safely receive blood from each other, never the less tolerate each other in parabiosis for nine months.

"We know that he moves with a delightful easy grace in his buoyant world, that foetal comfort deter-mines foetal position. He is responsive to pain and touch and cold and sound and light. He drinks his amniotic fluid, more if it is artificially sweetened, less it if is given an unpleasant taste. He gets hiccups and sucks his thumb. He wakes and sleeps. He gets bored with repetitive signals but can be taught to be alerted by a first signal for a second different one. And, finally, he determines his birthday, for unquestionably, the onset of labour is a unilateral decision of the foetus.

"This, then, is the foetus we know and, indeed, we each once were. This is the foetus we look after in modern obstetrics, the same baby we are caring for be-fore and after birth, who before birth can be ill and need diagnosis and treatment just like any other patient." A. Liley, "A Case Against Abortion," Liberal Studies, Whitcombe & Tombs, Ltd., 1971

If you are alive and breathing and reading this booklet, you once existed as a one-day-old embryo. You were not a “pre-human” mishap. Even your day-old DNA declared your humanity!

Sixty prominent physicians made that point with great clarity when they issued a declaration in defense of the unborn in the 1980s. The group included Bernard Nathanson, a former abortionist and co-founder of NARAL, a powerful pro-abortion organization; two past presidents of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology; and the former president of the American Academy of Neurology.

In their treatise, which was sent to President Ronald Reagan, they stated:

The developing fetus is not a sub-human species with a different genetic composition…. [T]he embryo is alive, human, and unique in the special environmental support required for that stage of human development.

The American College of Pediatricians agrees, declaring in its 2004 official policy statement that it “concurs with the body of scientific evidence that human life begins at conception—fertilization…. Scientific and medical discoveries over the past three decades [since Roe v. Wade] have only verified and solidified this age-old truth.”
www.coralridge.org...

A scientific textbook called “Basics of Biology” gives five characteristics of living things; these five criteria are found in all modern elementary scientific textbooks:

1. Living things are highly organized.

2. All living things have an ability to acquire materials and energy.

3. All living things have an ability to respond to their environment.

4. All living things have an ability to reproduce.

5. All living things have an ability to adapt.

According to this elementary definition of life, life begins at fertilization, when a sperm unites with an oocyte. From this moment, the being is highly organized, has the ability to acquire materials and energy, has the ability to respond to his or her environment, has the ability to adapt, and has the ability to reproduce (the cells divide, then divide again, etc., and barring pathology and pending reproductive maturity has the potential to reproduce other members of the species). Non-living things do not do these things. Even before the mother is aware that she is pregnant, a distinct, unique life has begun his or her existence inside her.

Biologically, from the moment of conception this new human being is not a part of the mother’s body. Since when does a mother’s body have male genitals, two brains, four kidneys? The preborn human being may be dependent upon the mother for nutrition, however, this does not diminish his or her humanity, but proves it. Moreover, dependence upon a parent for survival is not a capital crime. www.prolifephysicians.org...

I like this fellows comment, notice this wisdom was reflected by HN also- "How convenient for the men who advocate for 'women's rights' that they do not have to take responsibility and pay child support or wed the women they impregnate."-

Your justification fails your own logic, especially when you advocate for social welfare entitlements, why not give that right to the unborn? In addition, those who say a baby isn't human until after it is born, that is not biologically proven. Biologically life starts at conception, but because you consider the sperm&the egg and the fetus a blob of cells you justify the slaughter of innocent babies who are not given a chance at life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness you were given when you were born. Yet you whine about saving animals,eagle eggs,protest the wars and anything else you call an injustice to human rights and civil rights. Liberals who claim to be so concerned about these rights care nothing about the unborn and see it more convenient to dispose of the unborn than to take a more responsible approach to save the life of the child and provide for them. How convenient for the men who advocate for 'women's rights' that they do not have to take responsibility and pay child support or wed the women they impregnate.

Abortion is a violent act, not a medical procedure, and it is rarely needed for medical reasons or rape victims. I believe that abortion is an outdated procedure that is less necessary because of medical advances, social acceptance of single mothers, unwed teens, etc and the increased number of crisis pregnancy clinics in addition to the number of parents seeking to adopt who are unable to have their own child. If we can't respect the right to life for those in the womb how can we create a culture that respects life??

Thomas Jefferson wrote, “The God who gave us life gave us liberty at the same time.”
Posted by: freedom4usa | January 24, 2011

edit on 10-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here's a few questions for those who believe that a woman's right's are being violtaed because she can't do what she wants to with her own body.

What is the potential outcome of unprotected consentual sex? pregnancy? Whose choice is it to have unprotected sex (when consentual)? Is it right to use abortions as birth control when so many contraceptives are available to anyone? What other activities do you know of where the participants are given amnesty for the outcome of their willing actions?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Here's a few questions for those who believe that a woman's right's are being violtaed because she can't do what she wants to with her own body.

What is the potential outcome of unprotected consentual sex? pregnancy? Whose choice is it to have unprotected sex (when consentual)? Is it right to use abortions as birth control when so many contraceptives are available to anyone? What other activities do you know of where the participants are given amnesty for the outcome of their willing actions?

I agree that abortions shouldnt be used as a form of birth control but no contraception is 100%.
If i got pregnant and used contraception i'd be getting myself an abortion as i took good measure against it. I dont have any religious beliefs and i dont believe an unborn fetus has any rights as a human being until it is born, Therefore i wouldnt have much to feel guilty about.
I wish people would stop trying to push their beliefs on others, hasnt that done enough damage over the years on a global scale?
Thats like me enjoying a cigerette so much, i make a bill that says everyone has to try one before they die!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And the Right Wing war on women rolls on. Why don't they just pass a statute turing women into incubators and call it what it is? Any woman that votes GOP is disgusting.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

Originally posted by lewman
I have a vision of Texas in 20 years time and it is the most crime ridden dangerous state in the whole of the USA.

I recommend focusing more on noble themes and that might disappear, or is it "let us do harm so no-harm happens"?

Where is the maternal death rate lowest? Ireland, where human abortion is a crime against humanity.
The UNICEF website reports:

Ireland: Maternal mortality ratio†, 2005, adjusted – world rank: #1
liveaction.org...

And this is also the same Rick Perry that said that all girls 8 years old would have to be vaccinated against HPV before they would be allowed into public schools even though insurance companys would not pay for it (350$). How were Judeo-Christian ethics being played when they were trying to FORCE me to vaccinate my 8 year old daughter against a sexually transmitted disease?

My opionion: Rick Perry is an egotistical jack boot fascist who is only out for his own political and monetary gain. He and his agenda are a disgrace.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I agree that abortions shouldnt be used as a form of birth control but no contraception is 100%.
If i got pregnant and used contraception i'd be getting myself an abortion as i took good measure against it. I dont have any religious beliefs and i dont believe an unborn fetus has any rights as a human being until it is born, Therefore i wouldnt have much to feel guilty about.
I wish people would stop trying to push their beliefs on others, hasnt that done enough damage over the years on a global scale?
Thats like me enjoying a cigerette so much, i make a bill that says everyone has to try one before they die!

You believe that a fetus doesn't have rights and you're pushing that belief here... what's the difference?

By your own admission... contraceptives are not 100% reliable.... still you take the chance knowing this. So... if your first line of defense fails it's off to the clinic... but you don't believe that abortion should be used as birth control... conflicted much?

I dont have any religious beliefs and i dont believe an unborn fetus has any rights as a human being until it is born, Therefore i wouldnt have much to feel guilty about.

just keep telling yourself that.... maybe you're right...
edit on 10-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You believe that a fetus doesn't have rights and you're pushing that belief here... what's the difference?

I wasnt pushing any belief, I said that I believed a fetus didnt have any rights until it is born. What you believe is your businness.

By your own admission... contraceptives are not 100% reliable.... still you take the chance knowing this. So... if your first line of defense fails it's off to the clinic... but you don't believe that abortion should be used as birth control... conflicted much?

Sex isnt just about procreation, If humans only had sex to reproduce then we would have "seasons" in which mating would be practiced. People enjoy sex and with contraception its well worth the risks as the benefits outweigh the possible negitives.

I dont have any religious beliefs and i dont believe an unborn fetus has any rights as a human being until it is born, Therefore i wouldnt have much to feel guilty about.

just keep telling yourself that.... maybe you're right...
edit on 10-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

Maybe i'm wrong, who knows. But for sure, woman dont get abortions for kicks and giggles, however, the state and anyone with religious opinions should stay the hell out of it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I wasnt pushing any belief, I said that I believed a fetus didnt have any rights until it is born. What you believe is your businness.

No? I'm confused. Are you saying that what I believe shouldn't be voiced because it differs from what you believe? Remember, in my initial response to this thread I merely asked some questions that you responded to, expressing your beliefs.

Sex isnt just about procreation, If humans only had sex to reproduce then we would have "seasons" in which mating would be practiced. People enjoy sex and with contraception its well worth the risks as the benefits outweigh the possible negitives.

Drinking is done for enjoyment as well but if I get drunk, drive my car and kill someone I still have to face the consequences. My point is that regardless of the reason for have sex, the possible outcome remains the same and does not justify abortion as birth control.

Maybe i'm wrong, who knows. But for sure, woman dont get abortions for kicks and giggles, however, the state and anyone with religious opinions should stay the hell out of it.

My opinions aren't based on religious dogma, my opinions are based on my own critical thinking regarding this subject and the current moral standards of the society we live in; specifically the "belief" that murder is wrong. I happen to believe that a fetus is a viable lifeform and should be treated as such with full protetction under the law. The argument that a fetus could not survive on it's own outside the womb holds little value to me because even a newborn child would not survive without proper care.

If you don't like me expressing my opinions and beliefs here then hit the road....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No? I'm confused. Are you saying that what I believe shouldn't be voiced because it differs from what you believe? Remember, in my initial response to this thread I merely asked some questions that you responded to, expressing your beliefs.

No, you accused me of pushing my beliefs and all i was saying is that i have my beliefs and you have your's, Lets not push them onto eachother.

Drinking is done for enjoyment as well but if I get drunk, drive my car and kill someone I still have to face the consequences. My point is that regardless of the reason for have sex, the possible outcome remains the same and does not justify abortion as birth control.

Anyone who drinks and drives should have the law come down on them. Its a stupid thing to do. Anyone who has a drink and has a smart idea to drive home is irresponcible. When you have sex and you activly seek a form of contraception, thats very responcible - Very different from drink driving.
Again i say, abortion shouldnt be used as a means of birth control. However, a life without sex is unnatural, People have needs and some people dont want the end products - I think thats what you have to get your head around. I personally dont want kids, but that wont stop me from having sex. Should my contraception fail i will seek an abortion as i'm not fit to be a parent.

My opinions aren't based on religious dogma, my opinions are based on my own critical thinking regarding this subject and the current moral standards of the society we live in; specifically the "belief" that murder is wrong. I happen to believe that a fetus is a viable lifeform and should be treated as such with full protetction under the law. The argument that a fetus could not survive on it's own outside the womb holds little value to me because even a newborn child would not survive without proper care.

If you don't like me expressing my opinions and beliefs here then hit the road....

Critical thinking, i like it

You may have a personal disagreement with the current moral standards of society but no one should be able to dictate standards on other people. There is a general consenus on what is right and wrong in society, however when it comes to issues like abortion, there will always be two sides and aslong as one oppose's the other then the pro-choice should be allowed access to safe abortions.

Hypotheticaly, If they banned abortions tomorrow, do you think people would stop seeking them? Do you think that people would stop having sex? Can you imagine the rise of backstreet abortion houses?

They had prohibition in the 1920's in america, That didnt stop people drinking.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Anyone who drinks and drives should have the law come down on them. Its a stupid thing to do. Anyone who has a drink and has a smart idea to drive home is irresponcible. When you have sex and you activly seek a form of contraception, thats very responcible - Very different from drink driving.

Anyone who is actually mentally competent knows contraceptives aren't 100% effective. If you would really hate to have a child so much that you would kill it, then get yourself sterilized. THAT is the responsible thing to do. There is absolutely no excuse for abortion as a result from consensual sex.

However, a life without sex is unnatural,

You suddenly care about what's natural? Abortion is unnatural. The pill is unnatural. What's your point?

People have needs and some people dont want the end products - I think thats what you have to get your head around. I personally dont want kids, but that wont stop me from having sex. Should my contraception fail i will seek an abortion as i'm not fit to be a parent.

You don't want the "end products" of something? Don't take the steps to create them. I suggest you get yourself sterilized.

Hypotheticaly, If they banned abortions tomorrow, do you think people would stop seeking them?

Invalid argument. You can say that about absolutely ANYTHING..."they're gonna do it anyway". That doesn't mean you make everything legal and allow anarchy to ensue.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
And the Right Wing war on women rolls on. Why don't they just pass a statute turing women into incubators and call it what it is? Any woman that votes GOP is disgusting.

No one is as anti-woman as liberals and feminists. Any woman who supports the attack on motherhood and wishes to be treated like a mentally incompetent child is beyond disgusting. Feminists are pigs and sad excuses for women.
edit on 5/10/2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

SearchLightsInc ~ On a personal note; please consider all of your options if you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to make this kind of decision. You seem like a nice person but I don't think you understand the true impact of aborting a fetus. The psychological trauma is severe and lasts a lifetime. I know this from personal experience dealing with those who have opted to use abortion as birth control.

If you are a person who has respect for life and appreciates the miracle that life truly is then you would be violating your core beliefs with such an act and your mind might not ever be able to justify your actions.

~Peace

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Why exactly isn't a pregnant woman who was raped or who engaged in incest forced to undergo the full experience of what this abortion legislation entails? Is it that in cases of rape and incest the so-called value of the life-to-be suddenly becomes less important? Seriously, what kind of slanted BS is that? Either the life is equally valued in all instances or it isn't. And what's the point of this waste of money on a sonogram?

I really can't wrap my mind around the inane logic that's behind this legislation. Aren't conservatives in favor getting rid of wasteful spending and cutting welfare "entitlement" programs? This piece of legislation seems conducive to the aforementioned goal.
edit on 11-5-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by Rustami

Either the life is equally valued in all instances or it isn't. ..logic

lets address rapist/hater/violent/murderer -are you saying that a murderers life is as equally valuable as someones who is not -is that your logic? I know this "religious man" mentioned in another thread that beheaded a young child and family -would you allow him in your home equally as anyone else?

is rape relative to hate? does it harm neighbor? how many rapes/incest are relative to abortion? -there are statistics

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?

Know and understand this: the Law is not enacted for the righteous (who are in right standing with God), but for the lawless and unruly.. those who strike and beat (violent~rapists~immoral) and [even] murder fathers and strike and beat and [even] murder mothers, for manslayers..kidnapers, liars, perjurers--and whatever else.. (like does harm to neighbor)

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Therefore let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 11-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Doesn't it cost money to get a sonogram or am I wrong here? I always ended up having to pay a hefty sum for an ultra-sound and it didn't seem anymore complicated than that done to pregnant women. So if it does..how exactly will these extra costs be covered? Food for thought.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

throughout all known history, money whether pressed wood pulp fibers, hemp plants, computer digits or shaped metal, etc. etc. has never shown any evidence of life or breath and while most I assume recognize that fact and usually will acknowledge it as just a tool, exchange, etc...why then is it generally always brought up as the most important deciding factor when talking about life or death including the "justification" to use violent bloodshed by the hands of other men which comes at a price also including $?

God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life and breath, and all things.

“Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the temple, it is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple, he is obliged to perform it.’

No man may serue tweyn lordis, for ethir he schal hate `the toon, and loue the tother; ethir he shal susteyne `the toon, and dispise the tothir. Ye moun not serue God and richessis. en.wikisource.org...(Wycliffe)/Matheu#Chapter_6

more so the opposite- a system is mentioned in Revelation where "no one could buy or sell" as if an attempt to give an image life or is worshiped by many above life or as (reminds me "can you afford having children?"), even says human beings are slain if someone does'nt bow to the image as if it is a score or works based system

Woe to him who says to wood, ‘Awake!’ To silent stone, ‘Arise! It shall teach!’ Behold, it is overlaid with gold and silver, Yet in it there is no breath at all.

And it was youun to hym, that he schulde yyue spirit to the ymage of the beeste, and that the ymage of the beeste speke. And he schal make, that who euere honouren not the ymage of the beeste, be slayn.
And he schal make alle, smale and grete, and riche and pore, and fre men and bonde men, to haue a carecter in her riythoond, ethir in her forheedis; that no man may bie, ethir sille, but thei han the caracter, ether the name of the beeste, ethir the noumbre of his name.en.wikisource.org...(Wycliffe)/Apocalips#Chapter_13

funny your signature also "Science flies us to the Moon"-

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars

"religion flies into skyscrapers", did you hear about the guy that flew his plane into the building in Austin that was related to some money issues he mentioned before doing so?

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction

some more worth noting-

Wisdom and money can get you almost anything,
but only wisdom can save your life.

Whose possessors slay them, and hold themselves not guilty: and they that sell them say, Blessed be the LORD; for I am rich: and their own shepherds pity them not.

men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.
www.biblegateway.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Your reply makes no sense what so ever. Religious doctrine doesn't mean anything to me. This is taxpayer dollars that will end up paying for these ultra-sounds. My understanding is that abortions are not supported by tax-payer dollars, however this bill would make it mandatory that the doctors give these women ultrasounds prior to an abortion. The funding for these ultrasounds isn't part of the package so to speak. It's wrong. Taxpayers should not be punished with such ridiculous legislation. This should be free market. End of story.

edit on 11-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
reply to post by Rustami

Your reply makes no sense what so ever. Religious doctrine doesn't mean anything to me. This is taxpayer dollars that will end up paying for these ultra-sounds. My understanding is that abortions are not supported by tax-payer dollars, however this bill would make it mandatory that the doctors give these women ultrasounds prior to an abortion. The funding for these ultrasounds isn't part of the package so to speak. It's wrong. Taxpayers should not be punished with such ridiculous legislation. This should be free market. End of story.

edit on 11-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

well now I know why and since "it means nothing to you" you may want to take it off your signature.. what are taxpayers $ anyway? what is the history of federal reserve debt notes INC.? your entire argument is a sham at the foundation, but I do agree taxpayers should NOT support ridiculous illegitimate "legal" codes

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

wtf !

this is kinda of a bad idea to me , and regardless of if the woman sees the fetus before its aborted if shes dead set on a abortion she ll have it .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join