It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

understanding fingerprints. Are you ready? Look at your own fingerprints. What style do you have?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I found this article about fingerprints very interesting so i toth you might to.

Ever wonder how those guys on CSI can identify a murderer by their fingerprints? Is it really as easy as they make it seem?
Fingerprints are the little ridges on the end of your fingers and thumb. They are arranged in a pattern of spirals and loops. Nature evolved these to help us grip and hold on to things. The texture prevents things from slipping and sliding as would naturally happen if our skin were smooth, and especially if our hands are wet or sweaty.

In the early 1900s, people began to realize that fingerprints were unique -- no two people have exactly the same pattern. Fingerprint patterns are inherited but are never exactly identical. Even in cases of identical twins, the patterns will vary slightly.

All of these systems are basically similar. Edmund Henry recognized that fingerprints could be described as having patterns of loops, arches or whirls. These shapes and contours were later developed to eight basic patterns, which are still used by the FBI today.

The distribution of these pattern in the population are as follows: 65% have loops, 30% have whirls, 5% have arches. The most common feature is the Ulnar Loop.

I was very surprised to see that i am a radial loop, down to a t.

Do all of you find yourself in those 8 styles

If you find it interesting here is the link to the full article, well worth the read.

P.S. Sorry about the image size, i cant resize it, at lease not in the preview.
edit on 6-5-2011 by mkkkay because: can't resize???

forgot the link
viewzone2.com...
edit on 6-5-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
cool dude nice post

my index fingers have plain whorl and the others are radial loops

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Both my thumbs are double loop whorls which I hear is pretty rare. The rest are a mix of other stuff.

I won't go into too much detail. who knows, if you describe your fingerprints well enough, TPTB may be able to determine who you are just from that description. Sure that may be a little paranoid but, this is a conspiracy forum after all.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Tented arches and left handed...I am unique

But am I a serial killer?! Well I've been known to kill a few bugs in my time!

I've also killed a few bowls of cheerios...maybe that makes me a cereal killer.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
I found this article about fingerprints very interesting so i toth you might to.

Ever wonder how those guys on CSI can identify a murderer by their fingerprints? Is it really as easy as they make it seem?
Fingerprints are the little ridges on the end of your fingers and thumb. They are arranged in a pattern of spirals and loops. Nature evolved these to help us grip and hold on to things. The texture prevents things from slipping and sliding as would naturally happen if our skin were smooth, and especially if our hands are wet or sweaty.

In the early 1900s, people began to realize that fingerprints were unique -- no two people have exactly the same pattern. Fingerprint patterns are inherited but are never exactly identical. Even in cases of identical twins, the patterns will vary slightly.

All of these systems are basically similar. Edmund Henry recognized that fingerprints could be described as having patterns of loops, arches or whirls. These shapes and contours were later developed to eight basic patterns, which are still used by the FBI today.

The distribution of these pattern in the population are as follows: 65% have loops, 30% have whirls, 5% have arches. The most common feature is the Ulnar Loop.

I was very surprised to see that i am a radial loop, down to a t.

Do all of you find yourself in those 8 styles

If you find it interesting here is the link to the full article, well worth the read.

P.S. Sorry about the image size, i cant resize it, at lease not in the preview.
edit on 6-5-2011 by mkkkay because: can't resize???

forgot the link
viewzone2.com...

I started a compony in the mid-1980's that was one of the first to understand biometrics. In my case we were able to integrate optical image fingerprints, with the FBI AFIS system. Thats the "Automated Fingerprint Image Recognition System" Thats the National system the US has (and shares with some governments) that categorizes the "point match" of one fingerprint to another. What you say is true, but its off by several "points".

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Would it be possible for you to elaborate on what are the "points"
that you mention. if it's not a secret

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
ulnar and tented on my fingers
some of my prints are different then other fingers im sure its like that for other people but why? why arent all prints on one person the same on each finger or atleast the same 'type'/

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ahh, so what if i am none of those? Then what? Do you have any more photos pics like this, i'm curious.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
whats the bloody point!?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Would it be possible for you to elaborate on what are the "points"
that you mention. if it's not a secret

Sure, you may ask the question. The "points" I mention are the specific angles and deflections that lead one to from one point to another. If you start at the so called "core" and work your way out at a clockwise angle outward they are called "end points" Each end point at a 45 degree angle is by some called an "angle" That if taken as gospel is the direction you use to target the next end point. If you subtract the one half of the 45 degree angle you get the next best numerical option to reduce their number of end points. Thats how the great weirdo J. Edger Hover figured out how to measure fingerprints. He was a fruitcake, but also a mathematical genius. Hell I'm as much a fruit as he was, but I live in an age when admitting that is less likely to get me killed. In that sense I pity him. But I resent the fact that he held that so called "weakness" above the head of his enemies. To use you'r very nature were as ammunition against he was ashamed to admit he was himself? Disgusting.

He was really a very bright man, certainly for his age but he was a vicious opportunist. And for that he is not forgiven.

edit on 6/5/11 by arbiture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Thank's for you response, so if i understand every one is in one of the 8 styles, but the diffrences are in those end points.

I wonder if they ever change in our lives due to injury or even due to age, if they take prints when you are young then check them against the one you have when you are older can or could they change...

Or how could one change their prints if possible.

In your opinion are prints 100% reliable...
or

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Thank's for you response, so if i understand every one is in one of the 8 styles, but the diffrences are in those end points.

I wonder if they ever change in our lives due to injury or even due to age, if they take prints when you are young then check them against the one you have when you are older can or could they change...

Or how could one change their prints if possible.

In your opinion are prints 100% reliable...
or

One can change prints but the method is not one I'm willing to discuss. Anyway, they "recover", so it wont last. Many think prints are determined by genetics, this is not true as even identical twins will not have the same prints. The "folding" process happens at some point after conception, perhaps almost at once, we really don't know for sure. But it's more evidence that activity in-uteri, such as males who are exposed to lower then average or higher then average testosterone is an example. Some think that is a "biological" marker that affects things like sexual preference. Even ADHD, and perhaps in extreme cases psychosis, but the last one is really reaching... To say your not "born that way" for example makes no sense, assuming everything happens inside the womb. It may not be exactly genetic as in DNA but even that mutates, which is why people who are very old and even as we know exposed to certain levels and types of radiation, will often result in infants who have serious birth defects.

Age, radiation (your exposure naturally accumulates just by being alive for a while...) As for synthetic conception and "artificial wombs"? Were working on the latter, and as you know we have long had artificial insemination. But for chemical injury? You can mutilate fingerprints but some things go very deep. There's always a way to get around one form of "masking". Physical mutilation? Also don't bother, many have tried and found it useless, not to mention painful as hell. Our hands, and other primates but more us, have a huge number of intense&exquisite nerve endings.

But since a lot of development even pre-conception may have quantum implications which seems likely, it's just so hard to know, but many of us are asking lots of questions...
edit on 11/5/11 by arbiture because: spelling bo-bo

new topics

top topics

join