It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Hypnosis, what it really is and how it affects everything about who you think you really are.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Masinger

One more for the OP, these brain wave levels are entirely mis-leading although that can be used as a metaphor for some poeple, to prove this idea correct I was told to think of a person in a deep trance who finds it acceptable to pretend they are a gorilla - now do you think those gorilla trance wave lines would match up to the science so far shown, I don't think so because I don't think the scientists have measured brain waves in an active trance, only passive ones and then they transpose their ideas onto a science framework unthinkingly.

I think in hypnosis the brain can achieve any brain state and this is exactly what the Buddha and many other people talk about

Peace keep reaching for enlightenment until you realise you had it all along.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by splitlevel
reply to post by Masinger

Thats interesting, and ive heard of these different types of brain waves before. it would be good if you could elaborate on this aspect for the sake of the thread, as its not an area I have a lot of input on. Its funny how some people cant accept that we all go in and out of trace all day long, like you say watching TV etc. I wonder what specific influence theses different brain waves have on our brain and thought patterns, no doubt the one INDUCED under the influence of TV has some special significance, umm thats an interesting direction to explore further..

It's easy to explore the different brainwave states yourself of your own will, all you have to do is meditate. The longer you meditate, the slower your brainwaves become, beta being the highest, then alpha, then theta, then delta which is the lowest. To mediate, just get in a comfy position, close your eyes, and focus on nothing but the black void that you see caused by your eyes being closed. You'll have thoughts, but if you focus on those thoughts instead of just letting them pass, it raises your brainwave frequency, which is fine depending on where you want to be. But if you want to see how far you can go, it pays to focus on the void and have as few thoughts as possible. On the way down the brainwave scale, you learn much about yourself. I'd also say that those who meditate are less suggestible because they have experienced different brain states and thus know the state that they are in, and/or know the state that the suggester is trying to put them in.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Masinger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by splitlevel

You are totally right. There are some other folks who has very similar oppinion about modern society. If you have time, read these books:
-Erich Fromm: The Anatomy of Human Destructiveness
-Lame Deer: Autobiography
I think this so called "trance" has something in common with getting unnatural.
Healthy creatures in the wild follow their instincts, their true nature. Domestic animals are weak, they are slave to us. And we are slave to the elite, just the cages and chains are invisible. The same mechanism, a slave/slavekeeper mentality, this is the structure of modern society. Disgusting, eh?
We should hunt instead!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Lets start by understanding what mass hypnosis is. Its not the same as stage hypnosis, where peolpe cluck like chickens

You were right there, almost hit the nail on the head... and then you completely missed it.

Do you really think that a stage hypnotist can simply say "Ok, you're a ballerina", and then his subject does an intricate ballerina dance? How about if he does again, but this time with a completely different person, he says "Ok, you're a ballerina"... but guess what... they do the exact same ballerina dance as the last guy. That sounds like mass mind control to me (multiple people doing complex dance moves under control from some remote source), does it not to you? A "clinical" hypnotist can't accomplish this stage hypnosis stuff at all, but it's still real stuff though...

Now is easier to see?

Thanks for your thoughts. However what actually goes on in stage hypnosis is this-
The hypnotist SELECTS SUGGESTABLE PEOPLE from the audience
He knows these people are easily open to suggestion because
A. They volenteered to come down and make an arse of themselves infront of an audience, knowing full well what a hypnosis show involves.
B. Because even out of the people who volenteer to make fools of themselves, the hypnotist further narrows down the most suggestable candidates by giving these volenteers suggestability tests to see how they react to commands ie THE LEMON TEST. look it up on youtube.
mind you the recent chants of USA USA bring to mind people clucking like chickens, if you see what I mean
edit on 6-5-2011 by splitlevel because: grammer

Ah... for starters, replying to you is very difficult, as firefox keeps seeing virust threats... but anyway...

I can't believe that you're overlooking something like that to the point of disbelief! It's simply impossible.

If someone says the "A" word in America (yeah, the word "aliens") the cops will easily use some police brutality and they'll be lucky if they survive the encounter. But, if some guy uses mind control on any number of people all at once, not only is it just "stage hypnosis", but we can now just ignore it all because the victims were "hypnotisible"??? You believe this crap?? Give me a break! You're that close to figuring it all out, and your reasoning is that they were "hypnotisable??? That makes absolutely no sense! I give up!

Okay. I'm going to edit this post further as it is impossibly important and understanding might (I doubt it, but might) save you from a certain doom:

"Suggestible"???? Okay, let me get this straight... no one believes in aliens but they believe that "stage hypnotists" are able to fully control people whenever they want to because they are "Suggestible"????? There isn't even a definition for the word "Suggestible", or even a such word, but you buy this?? Anyone buys this?????? Don't you see the absurdity in this? A "stage hypnotist" that can accomplish what not even a "clinical hypnotist" can accomplish that uses "mind control" that takes over the full body of people, but it doesn't matter because the victims are "Suggestible"???????? Think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 6-5-2011 by MegaCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

A "clinical" hypnotist can't accomplish this stage hypnosis stuff at all, but it's still real stuff though...

How do you know this as I think a 'clinical hypnotist' could but they choose not to... but much of stage hypnosis is just finding the right people who want to let off some steam

Here's a suggestion for all of you : have a really great life and help the people important to you (of course some people can't be hypnotized (or so they say))

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I believe I have beaten off the hypnosis after a period of over a decade.

It is very slow going and requires diligent efforts every day for years.

You have to be focused and determined to improve your mind, to seek answers even if you don't like them, to ask the really hard questions that will reveal the answers you don't like, and to just keep thinking about everything.

Take things easy, go at it slowly, but eventually you will strip your mind of the shackles our society instills upon it.

Seek happiness through truth rather than material pleasures, seek justice and honor for your fellow human beings.

When you free yourself from the bonds, you will realize that Earth is backwards land. Opposite world.

Do not allow the horrible world to bring your spirit down, instead, rejoice in the knowledge that you can free yourself from the bondage and that one day your soul will sing again.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

That was really good until you ruined it with your personal political commentary.
Trance is a dance on Southbeach.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Also many times I have heard people in the field of hypnosis repeatedly claim that hypnosis is not dangerous and that you cant use it to make people do anything they wouldnt already want to do. Well i can tell you that that is a LIE.

Actually, it's nearly impossible to make someone do something they don't want to do under hypnosis. The secret is to make them think they actually want to do it first. Through subliminal messages and other sly advertising techniques, we slowly become "conditioned" or "entranced". Crafted to think a certain way and believe we need and/or want certain things. I also don't think wanting to be "different" or an individual has anything to do with it. Look at most people here on ATS, we are extremely different from those in "mainstream society", yet we are more "awake". The problem is they are all the same, robots all copying each other.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Its survival of the fittest, this time, the battlefield is in your mind. Wake yourself up, build your defenses, gather intel, its just like any other war.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

That was really good until you ruined it with your personal political commentary.

I was about to edit that particular post down to one line but apparently there is atime limit on editing stuff and it has elapsed. By the way your pitbull on roids scares the crap out of me. i wonder what message your trying to send with that avatar. have a think about that.
edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
www.vbs.tv...

www.vbs.tv...

Perhaps you can never be fully hypnotized, but that doesn't mean you can't be a ZOMBIE without realizing it.

Everyone should watch these videos. If I could embed them I would, so relevant!
edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I was about to edit that particular post down to one line but apparently there is atime limit on editing stuff and it has elapsed. By the way your pitbull on roids scares the crap out of me. i wonder what message your trying to send with that avatar. have a think about that.

Maybe you should have edited it down to the one line.
Don't be scared of my avatar, it is only a picture. Pictures can't hurt you.
What can hurt you is a hypnotic technique that inserts its own subliminal message.
Sorry, I am not a somnambulist.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Great videos, thanx. I heard of devils breath before. obviously some part of the brain is fairly easy to bypass, i know this drug can do it and there is plently of evidence that covert hypnosis can also achive similar results. In hypnosis this is known as "CRITICAL FACTOR BYPASS".
Basically when you meet someone new, you have your guard up because you do not know this person yet and they have to gain your trust, this is how the human brain calculates situations and people.
however some people know how to "THROW OFF" your critical factor and before you know what happened, you have been turned into a complete sucker. Im sure many people feel this way now after supporting the Bush invasion of the middle east based on no evidence, but "WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION" provoke a huge emotional response.
Maybe it now becomes clear how fitting the play on words"WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRACTION" is. This is a distraction technique, but it doesnt work how you may realise.
NLP and covert hypnosis explain how this stuff is achieved but there are people out there who seem to develop these manipulation skills from childhood without any direct knowledge of hypnosis etc.
the invasion of iraq is such as use of covert hypnosis. the publics critical factor only kicked in some months afterward, and by then it was too late. the same thing with 9/11 .
Making a big hollywood display of planes hitting towers etc, is going to illicit a huge "EMOTIONAL RESPONSE", so huge infact that for most people this will be the biggest emotional response they have ever felt.
This is where hypnosis comes into play.
Once the subject is thrown into a"A HIGHLY EMOTIONAL STATE" they are also switched off to logical thinking and are then basically putty in the hands of the manipulator.
This is in hypnosis and NLP is known as throwing off the critical factor.
in otherwords you brain had switched from a critical thinking one into an emotional and suggestable one.
All of the "BIG EVENTS" that happen in American life in recent years are full of "CRITICAL FACTOR BYPASS".
Its no accident.
Just for the record, to all the ladies out there, a good seducer/womaniser/player uses the same basic trick and if he didnt seduction wouldnt be much fun. So people are hardwired to be turned into sheep but as long as you realise whats going on when its being done to you, you can either chose to play along or be turned out, and live to regret how dumb you were, but when you get played it really isnt down to being dumb, its down to being human, but yes you can see it comming in future.

edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: additional info

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Maybe you should have edited it down to the one line.
Don't be scared of my avatar, it is only a picture. Pictures can't hurt you.
What can hurt you is a hypnotic technique that inserts its own subliminal message.
Sorry, I am not a somnambulist.

I had to look up somnambulist. Is that a well known word? Or is it easier for everyone to understand when you say sleepwalker instead. like I said about ego and people trying to be individuals and seperate from everyone else it only causes a lack of understanding and inevitably division. I can almost feel a flame war comming on...and for what purpose? See my point.
Look at Isalm, Christianit and judaism for instance. They all believe in the same God, not three different Gods but the exact same God. yet because they use different words and stories to describe the same God and argue of these words, it has caused no end of wars. All three religions have the bsic same values and morals at the core of them, though you wouldnt think it if you listened to extremists on all three sides. People who have thrown out the meaning of their GOD in favour of fighting over the right to be different to eachother.
In refrecnce to "pictures cant hurt you". unless you had a direct family connection to, lets say 9/11, then Im sure those pictures hurt many people, who were otherwise unconnected to it, as an example.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

If you are going to start a war...Im outta here. Pacifist bro. Likes to cuddle.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Before I reply to your overall message... Why are you using caps? Are you trying to formulate TRIGGER WORDS?

...because I am familiar with how this works. As another poster said before, it is difficult to read through your replies because you don't separate your thoughts into paragraphs. You have to hit Enter/Return twice.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

If you are going to start a war...Im outta here. Pacifist bro. Likes to cuddle.

Is your avatar for real? Have you seen the bulls like that? Even more frightening.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator

Before I reply to your overall message... Why are you using caps? Are you trying to formulate TRIGGER WORDS?

...because I am familiar with how this works. As another poster said before, it is difficult to read through your replies because you don't seperate your thoughts into paragraphs. It's as easy as hitting Enter/Return twice.

I see your point. The reason i put some words in caps is because these words are significant to look up and discover more about them. in that sense i was using them as a trigger but not to be subliminal, if I was going to do that type of covert embedded command, i would make it very subtle. in any case I am trying to start a debate on these tricks and i have no reason to use them, especially as I am trying to make people aware, it would be kinda counter productive to use covert hypnosis whilst explaining how it works. but if you would like to donate all you money, id just straight out ask.....haha

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator

...because I am familiar with how this works. As another poster said before, it is difficult to read through your replies because you don't seperate your thoughts into paragraphs. It's as easy as hitting Enter/Return twice.

I see your point. The reason i put some words in caps is because these words are significant to look up and discover more about them. in that sense i was using them as a trigger but not to be subliminal, if I was going to do that type of covert embedded command, i would make it very subtle. in any case I am trying to start a debate on these tricks and i have no reason to use them, especially as I am trying to make people aware, it would be kinda counter productive to use covert hypnosis whilst explaining how it works. but if you would like to donate all you money, id just straight out ask.....haha

I don't agree with your theory in your original response to me. I do think that people who are capable of harnessing human 'energy' through emotion...use -some- of the vulnerable populace like ants do honeydew aphids. They 'milk' the populace for their 'energy' when crises occur.

I do not believe this and hypnosis are the same. Only some of the population can even be affected minutely by it. Perhaps you should delve into other subjects as well to connect more dots. You're starting with the right formulation of an idea, but getting off track.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Not a new idea. Charles Tart author of Altered States) calls this a Survival Trance. You might enjoy reading his own description of this. Should come up on Google search.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join