It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Hypnosis, what it really is and how it affects everything about who you think you really are.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by donatellanator

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by splitlevel

If you are going to start a war...Im outta here. Pacifist bro. Likes to cuddle.

LOL I think the OP's been sampling the KoolAid. Is your avatar for real? Have you seen the bulls like that? Even more frightening.

Now if you tell me your a passafist id be inclind to believe you. Nice avatar, reminds me of the inlay to the album by Hole, celebrity skin...i forget the artists name...ah Paul Steck.
edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Is your avatar for real? Have you seen the bulls like that? Even more frightening.
edit on 7-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

He is a whippet with a genetic disorder. I haven't seen the bulls but can you imagine if those bulls were in the Running of the Bulls in Spain? That would be something to see.

Actually I have no problem with the OP except that I don't subscribe to his political leanings and think the thread would have been better off with out them.

I think he disagrees.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

If you were trying to interest me in hypnosis, mission accomplished.

Hypnosis Works - Can I be hypnotized?
blog.trance-formations.com...

The short answer is: yes. If you're capable of reading this sentence you are capable of going into hypnosis. The idea that some people can't be hypnotized has been around for quite some time. However, excluding those in comas or similar states, everyone is able to go in and out of hypnotic states easily. The person who is so caught up in thought that they miss a turn while driving has the same brain wave patterns as a person who is officially hypnotized. Someone who is so absorbed in a movie that they temporarily stop noticing their surroundings is in a hypnotic state, too. The brainwaves state of someone in hypnosis is identical to being halfway asleep or awake. So we all experience hypnotic states at least twice a day.

The How Easily Can I Be Hypnotized Test
www.okcupid.com...

WHO CAN OR CANNOT BE HYPNOTIZED?
www.tomnicoli.com...

Hypnosis/why can't I by hypnotized?
en.allexperts.com...
edit on 7-5-2011 by newcovenant because: daydreamer

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Is your avatar for real? Have you seen the bulls like that? Even more frightening.

He is a whippet with a genetic disorder. I haven't seen the bulls but can you imagine if those bulls were in the Running of the Bulls in Spain? That would be something to see.

Actually I have no problem with the OP except that I don't subscribe to his political leanings and think the thread would have been better off with out them.

I think he disagrees.

I dont have any political leanings...i dont vote and never have done. So im not sure what i said to give that impression. If a bird only had a left or right wing it wouldnt be able to fly, it would be grounded and just flap around in circles.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I think he disagrees.

They're called Belgian Blue Bulls (I did not make that name up hahahahaha)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I guess I took exception to this

Remember for good or for bad, it was emotion that got Obama elected, the emotion he played up to by deepening the hypnotic state with verbal hypnosis and other tricks.

but rereading it appears fairly benign and so I take back the except part of the compliment I indirectly paid you by saying it was a good thread until. And trance IS a dance on sobe.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Trance is a dance, baby, haha, i believe the natives Americans called it a rain dance and I believe it worked, but thats an other aspect of hypnosis- self hypnosis. We would be going into the metaphysical world of weather or not the mind connects to other aspects of reality, whilst in certain trance states, something I believe is real but has been played down and brushed under the rug, but of course we have all heard of the CIA's interest in Remote Viewing.

this is why i have an interest in hypnosis, because once i understood part of what hypnosis is I then saw how it actually is being used on people by people all the time, weather by accident or by design. i also came to realise that hypnotic trance states that people use drugs, dance or repetitive chanting to reach, etc, may well have a much bigger function to play in what we percieve to be reality and our part in it.

therefore the hole topic of hypnosis, i believe is not as narrow as its portrayed but i believe it is infact possibly the most dominat factor of our lives, without us even realising it. buddhism is founded on the principal that we are asleep and need to awaken afterall. i believe christianity is also based on this very message, but it has been corrupted. thats one part of it. "forgive them father for they know not what they do"

the other part is self hypnosis, where it may be possible to go far beyoned what we have been taught to believe is possible, weather that be in becoming more confident etc or going much further into metapyshics, perhaps ridiculous to many but the same people usually worship a man who walked on water, without questing how he might have achieved such feats, especially as Buddha supposedly managed to do the same thing a long time before Jesus.
this no doubt belongs on a seperate thread.

Anyhow thanks for continuing to contribute to the thread.
edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: additional information

edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: spelling mistakes

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Truth is it is a good thread. Very informative and eye opening. I like to "notice" how commercials are trying to mesmerize me, fool me with a distraction or elicit an emotional reaction. I think these techniques all focus on what we know as the reptilian part of the brain.

How about that bull? What a long animal!!! Noticed no one was petting him

Both you guys enjoy your day.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Truth is it is a good thread. Very informative and eye opening. I like to "notice" how commercials are trying to mesmerize me, fool me with a distraction or elicit an emotional reaction. I think these techniques all focus on what we know as the reptilian part of the brain.

How about that bull? What a long animal!!! Noticed no one was petting him

Both you guys enjoy your day.

Enjoy your day as well! Have you seen the movie Objectified? It goes in depth about your thoughts on soliciting emotional reaction.

If you have netflix it's on instant play:

movies.netflix.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ah, to further expand on what I was just saying and to link it to the OP.
Is it possible as Jesus said "Forgive them father for they know no what they do", that mankind has been under some knid of trance state for many thousands of years? consider that Buddha also had to awaken and encouraged others to do so.
Aslo in christianity jesus is known as the Shepard and we are the sheep, what does that imply to you?. A well known expression these days amongst the consipricy believers is the term "sheeple" as im sure you all know. this also implies that the masses are asleep. the masses are in a much deeper trance state thats for sure, than some of us, and its being constantly reinforced by the media and social conditions.
these social conditions, such as working on a 9-5 or getting married, paying mortgages, etc, are designed to keep people in a routine and a trap, whilst telling them they have freedom and reinforcing that message with the belief that we as a society are moving forward based on technologies, such as iphones and facebook etc.
infact these gimmicks only deepen the trance state.
my belief is also that Jesus never wanted to be a figure head, if you read the bible you may well understand what I mean.
just as Buddha did not want to be a figure head, or seen as a god. These two people wanted to show us the way to wake up, they did not want to be worshiped as being super beings. this is where the corruption has come into religion and warped the true meaning.
And who would want to mislead us when it comes to what these teaches really meant? thouse who want to make sure we never access what we really are and keep us in a managable box for their own benefiit, wealth and power over us.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by donatellanator

Thanks for that! I will def check it later on.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Haha i noticed a bunch of spelling mistakes, yet again, in my last post, but the window has now closed on editing it, so sorry for that.
I was thinking since about what it does to a message, or set of ideas when people use a poster boy as a figurehead to promote these ideas. Especially when in Buddhism Buddha asked his followeres to follow his example but not to proclaim him as a god, infact he stated anyhone can achieve enlightenment.
In the Old testiment it is forbidden to worship Idols, Yet churches are full of idols, especially crusifixes, and isnt jesus the biggest idol of them all. a man who once again only claimed to be as divine as the rest of us, if you read his message correctly, also he wanted people to follow his path "you cannot come to the father but through me", not to worship him, as a god but to follow his path to reach enlightenment.
heres another quote from jesus• " All natures, all formed things, all creatures exist in and with one another and will again be resolved into their own roots, because the nature of matter is dissolved into the roots of its nature alone. He who has ears to hear, let him hear".
and this from the gospel of Thomas, i think sums up well the relationship between Christianity and Buddhism
•Gospel of Thomas
•If those who lead you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty.

this final quote I will give you my interpritation of after you read it, because I think its another misinterprited statement and has nothing to do with bread and wine
•John 6:53-56
•Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in hiEx

My interpritation of this message, means either we should be cannibals or more likley
The flesh and blood of the son of man is society, which is the creation of man and all its distractions
When we get sucked into the trappings of civilization it throws us into this deep trance or ego, which obscures who we really are, or as Jesus puts it "ye have no life".
Who ever follows my example will become enlightened. The eternal life, I believe he speaks of is to live in the moment, because if you learn to live in the moment time becomes irrelivent and pursuing the trinkets or trappings of civilization stop you from living in the moment, and being happy and content. You can never be content when you are constantly chasing things to make you content, like a dog chasing its tail.
to be raised up on the last day, Also I believe refers to being reborn as in awakened/enlightened-Just your state of mind, the last day likley just means the last day you counted as being asleep..
Stating his felsh and blood are meat and drink, i believe is reinforcing that he is a man just like everyone else, as I began this thread, he was the same as everyone and believed in promotioing this idea, but it has become so corrupted through the churches that Jesus has been presented as being superhuman and no a regular person, which I believe runs contrary to everything he tried to teach us.
the final part about dwelling in me and me in him, also i believe is about people accepting that we are all the same and that if we can grasp this and feel it, then we would not see arabs as our enemy but as our brothers and sisters, for instance.
this I believe was Jesus real message. And it has delibratley been misinterprited by people who would rather use the Bible to seperate people, there are even so called Christians who kill eachother over minor differences in their doctrines and we seen how different Muslin groups attacked eachother in iraq beauce on is sunni and one is shia or whatever .

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In short enlightenment is the kingdom.
civilization is the son of man.
Nature is the kingdom of God.
When we get sucked into society we obsucre who we really are, our true nature.
When we live in natural surroundings we are one with nature or one with God.
Who do you think has the biggest ego a city banker or a tribesman?

the problem is its very difficult to stay to your true nature in the civilized world, we all prostitute out our values, or sell out, as its known, to one extent or another.
According to my understanding of things civilization is satan, not some horned red guy under the earth.
we live in a satanic culture and chase all its trinkets.
the kingdom is within us all the time, but like a blue sky its obscured by thick grey clouds.
Eteranl damnation, isnt what you may think it is, its bi-polar disorder and mental illnesses of that ilk.
to be without contentment is to live in a living hell.
to put your happiness on outside conditions, such as wealth or a beautiful wife etc, you are denying yourself happiness.
realise that all happiness is generated within your own skull, it doesnt come from outside.
instead believing that you have to fullfill conditions, often impossible conditions, to be happy, you only keep yourself miserable and ironically push all the objects you chase further away, which makes you even more miserable.
After all dont people naturally want to be around happy people.
this is what I believe heaven and hell is.
Its all in your head.
And TPTB know full well thats the case, even encouraging people to chase after heven when its in your head the whole time.
edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: additional info

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Just wanted to tie things up a bit more.
When I said buddha and Jesus didnt want to be icons, just wanted their message to get out to people. think what happens when people turn someone in to an icon, does it help their message or pevert it. like I said it turned enlightened men into superstars and diverted their message way from the message and onto them, turning religion into a personality cult.
Why would the peole pulling the strings wish this to happen?

edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: went off topic

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
OK, I hope you understand why I included the refrences to christianity. But I do not count myself as a christian due to the fact that even though I agree with what I believe is the true christian message, the people who identify themselves as christians are generally misguided, ignorant and are poor representetives of a message they have been fed upside down and back to front.
So people who proclaim that Jesus is their saviour, really get right up my nose. I hope thats understood. Like I said you can only save yourself, jesus explained all that to these sleep walkers, the same as Buddha.

Its funny but the truth is put out there from day one. Its been misinterprited and twisted by people but its in the Bible and teachings of buddha...i cant speak on the Koran as i have not read it, but i suspect the same.
Its almost like a test to see who can figure the real meaning out, its written in such riddles most people find it completly confusing and contradictory. Much like zen buddhist koans, which are also riddles, like the one hand clapping.
the reason there are all these riddles is because they are designed to clcik something in your brain that will lay dormant otherwise. This switch only clicked on in my head after years and years of writing off religion and the bible as a bunch of fairy tales and it wasnt the bible that awoke me, i just awoke myself, then I looked at and understood the bible and Buddhism and everything fitted togeather from a completly different paradigm etc.
the thing is, once you click and understand one of these riddles everything else becomes clear.
the only problem is, I cannot make you understand something like zen koan, or even explain it to you, thats the beauty of it its like a tesseract, you cant draw it but you know it exists, indescribable yet you can see it in your own mind.
So religion really can bring people to enlightenment but only if they get lucky.

The light of the eyes is as a comet,
And Zen's activity is as lightning.
The sword that kills the man
Is the sword that saves the man.

edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: added info

edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: added info

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If you can understand this...your awake...if not your asleep...it is not easy to wake up. just because you believe things are not as they appear does not mean your awake. this extract is taken from the gateless Gate, a book of zen koans. the purpose of a koan is to awaken the true mind, the one thats buried under ego.

Joshu's Dog
A monk asked Joshu, a Chinese Zen master: `Has a dog Buddha-nature or not?'
Joshu answered: `Mu.' [Mu is the negative symbol in Chinese, meaning `No-thing' or `Nay'.]

Mumon's comment:s To realize Zen one has to pass through the barrier of the patriachs. Enlightenment always comes after the road of thinking is blocked. If you do not pass the barrier of the patriachs or if your thinking road is not blocked, whatever you think, whatever you do, is like a tangling ghost. You may ask: What is a barrier of a patriach? This one word, Mu, is it.

This is the barrier of Zen. If you pass through it you will see Joshu face to face. Then you can work hand in hand with the whole line of patriachs. Is this not a pleasant thing to do?

If you want to pass this barrier, you must work through every bone in your body, through ever pore in your skin, filled with this question: What is Mu? and carry it day and night. Do not believe it is the common negative symbol meaning nothing. It is not nothingness, the opposite of existence. If you really want to pass this barrier, you should feel like drinking a hot iron ball that you can neither swallor nor spit out.

Then your previous lesser knowledge disappears. As a fruit ripening in season, your subjectivity and objectivity naturally become one. It is like a dumb man who has had a dream. He knows about it but cannot tell it.

When he enters this condition his ego-shell is crushed and he can shake the heaven and move the earth. He is like a great warrior with a sharp sword. If a Buddha stands in his way, he will cut him down; if a patriach offers him any obstacle, he will kill him; and he will be free in this way of birth and death. He can enter any world as if it were his own playground. I will tell you how to do this with this koan:

Just concentrate your whole energy into this Mu, and do not allow any discontinuation. When you enter this Mu and there is no discontinuation, your attainment will be as a candle burning and illuminating the whole universe.

Has a dog Buddha-nature?
This is the most serious question of all.
If you say yes or no,
You lose your own Buddha-nature.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This may help for those who want to wake. i hope some of you have stuck with the tthread this far, as every other post was in preperation to this one. Maybe some switches will get flipped on, maybe not, but if you do awaken fully, believe me you will know it the instant it happens. The sensation is like leaving your mind on a train many, many years ago and forgetting all about it, and then in a flash you remember everything. You will then realise everyone elses minds were also left on that train and then you realise your alone and on the outtside of understanding, you will still understand them but they wont understand you if you try to explaint things to them its generally beyond comprehension, as people are convinced, deepley convinced that they know who they are. the ego is like a 6inc wall of class, your stuck behind it, it traps you inside it, but you dont see it because its transparrent.

Zuigan Calls His Own Master
Zuigan called out to himself every day: `Master.'
Then he answered himself: `Yes, sir.'

And after that he added: `Become sober.'

Again he answered: `Yes, sir.'

`And after that,' he continued, `do not be deceived by others.'

`Yes, sir; yes, sir,' he answered.

Mumon's Comment: Old Zuigan sells out and buys himself. He is opening a puppet show. He uses one mask to call `Master' and another that answers the master. Another mask says `Sober up' and another, `Don't be cheated by others.' If anyone clings to any of his masks, he is mistaken, yet if he imitates Zuigan, he will make himself fox-like.

Some Zen students do not realize the true man in a mask
Because they recognize ego-soul.
Ego-sould is the seed of birth and death,
And foolish people call it the true man.
edit on 7-5-2011 by splitlevel because: additional info

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

As I said earlier good thread and once again to point out that the propaganda model is a much better way to look at mass hypnosis becasuse although mass hypnosis is real all the literature is about propaganda. Hypnosis is the tool to analysis this propaganda.

Talking of critical faculty bypass,, yes sets and in particular reverse double bind yes sets are probably the best way to hypnotist someone and if you tell them its overt and if you don't its covert.

EG you're unconscious doesn't have to relax, you don't have to listen and it's really not important whether your conscious chooses to focus on these words or if you forget about the sensations in your nose, what's important is that your unconscious knows it doesn't have to relax or pay close attention or will you become peaceful without even knowing it? - - then keep going like this for a while but I don't know if this will help or not

Peace

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy

As I said earlier good thread and once again to point out that the propaganda model is a much better way to look at mass hypnosis becasuse although mass hypnosis is real all the literature is about propaganda. Hypnosis is the tool to analysis this propaganda.

Talking of critical faculty bypass,, yes sets and in particular reverse double bind yes sets are probably the best way to hypnotist someone and if you tell them its overt and if you don't its covert.

EG you're unconscious doesn't have to relax, you don't have to listen and it's really not important whether your conscious chooses to focus on these words or if you forget about the sensations in your nose, what's important is that your unconscious knows it doesn't have to relax or pay close attention or will you become peaceful without even knowing it? - - then keep going like this for a while but I don't know if this will help or not

Peace

Your a funny guy hahahaha. you forgot to make you send me a thousand dorllars tomorrow before you go to work feeling happy so happy forgetting everything I just said.
keep practicing hahahahaha

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Just trying to add to the thread, and i wish I was a funny guy, the older i get the more average i become

and your right, the near instinctive jerk towards money is probably one of the biggest mass hypnosis issues we have in the world right now- -

a story I heard just the other day on ATS, an old monk carrying a bag of rice is approached by a young monk, the young monk asked, what does enlightenment feel like and the old monk says nothing and puts the bag of rice on the floor. the young monk says that does not help so he asked what happens after enlightenment and the old monk picks up the rice and walks off.

edit on 9-5-2011 by yyyyyyyyyy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join