It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our neighbour's dog kills our 5 beautiful rabbits!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Woah, woah woah, don't go around saying I know you. I DON'T. Please don't let anyone think I would know a person like this...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I have cleared the veg plot of dead wood behind the hutch and we have found out today that the SOB next door let the dog in and then shut the door after it. Only logical explanation.
How do I know?
One, he told us himself "WE killed your rabbits" chant over and over.
Two, We looked at the so called hole we couldn't even get our hand into it. The dog would have had a scratch all along its body and there is none.
So we are now going to go to all the authorities we can and especially the Police as this was just sport.
He killed our rabbits and I hate him and the Cosmos is going to get that family. I have seen Death outside their house and I didn't even have to ask it to come.
So this was a legitimate RANT .
Now I want to swear ********************************************************** Fill in the blanks. No peace and no love here.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Demand the dog be euthanized and sue the dog's owner for negligence. All I know is if a dog got into my home or my Ruk(Cat) got outside and was still on the premise and a neighbors dog attacked him, well one less dog in the world.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11dead1
I love bunnys

sorry to hear bout them

people have children and dogs they cant take care of or raise and it turns them into monsters

90% of the time its not the dogs fault or the childs its always the owners or the parents

hope ya feel better

I feel for the lady as well but she can't blame the dogs for following their instincts. Dogs see rabbits as food and there's no way any dog will act differently unless he's extremely well trained specifically with that issue in mind.
I have a small cute Maltese/Poodle, if he sees a mouse or better still a RAT he's a highly tempered (by nature) killing machine. They're dead in milliseconds, just a snap of the neck (he's very humane and never tears them to pieces) and then he buries them for later eating. The last one was "buried" under my bed, the smell got worse and worse until it was unbearable and I dragged all the furniture out and there it was a huge rat all nice and stinky with my little buddy wagging his tail and looking at me with such a proud look on his little visage. That makes number 11, on one occasion he killed 6 in 3 hours. We had a whole family of them living under a book case which he got me to move (he points) and they scattered. After murdering the 4 adolescents he hunted the parents down with the last one hiding inside an old bed base. Eddy just sat by the hole patiently, knowing that the rat had to come out to eat sooner or later. 50 minutes later Bingo! no 6 downed by Eddy the doggy serial killer.
I know it's sad but rabbits is rabbits and dogs is dogs and unfortunately rabbits are further down on the food chain, so if you keep rabbits their cage must be secure, there's no other way. No need to blame anyone, stuff happens and we learn from it.

edit on 26-5-2011 by Tonyburke because: additional info

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Im sorry for your loss, but contributing to blaming certain breeds is ignorant. Thanks for continuing to propagate this myth.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

abosolutly wrong the dog is not vicous it is normal.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ok, I feel with you OP.
You shared feeling to the bunnys and now their gone.

What I dont understand, you seem to have been in possesion of a dog on your own. So how, how on earth can you even think about KILLING the neighbours dog.

You demand this dog has to be put so sleep.
Its not the dogs fault.
You state that you live "in terror" (thats what I get with your descriptions about you children).

Teach your children to be strong. Stop being a soccer mom. Stop projecting guilt on an animal. Start projecting guilt on you. You failed to fix that bolt. You even wrote it. Its half your fault, and to other half goes to the dog owner that couldn´t manage to keep his/her dog on the right side of the fence.

Blame you, blame the neighbour but dont blame an animal or a whole breed for a mistake that is of human nature.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
N'aww, that's so sad, bunnies are gorgous.
My pitbull killed my rabbit about a year ago. I was mad at her, didn't spend any time with her, called her a murderer. My boyfriend kept saying I couldn't be mad at her, it was just her instinct (and besides, this bunny had viciously attacked her when she was a pup. Chased her around the house, bit her and made her yip. He bit me too, and left a bruise on my leg for weeks). And my boyfriend was right. Dogs are predators, rabbits are prey. I've since forgiven Nari for killing him, and we're friends again.
A bit sh*t of your neighbours not watching their dog a bit more closely, though. It is ridiculous them saying it was your fault for having th hutch close to the fence. People can be so stupid. >.<

So sorry to hear. ;_;

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join