It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is 2012 just a money making scam?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have done a bit of research on 2012 the last few days.
With all the earthquakes etc and wierd news, it is VERY easy to say "YES, 2012 IS COMING"

This is a statement I had to quote:

For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle” says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Fla. To render Dec. 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is “a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in.

Check this video:

Here is a quote from the site www.dailycommonsense.com...

2012 is a business Before you read this article, here is a video I recently recorded about 2012 and how people build businesses around it to make money. While a lot of people say that you can’t trust NASA or the government because they would certainly hide this 2012 stuff from us, I say there are a lot of people who want to spread this because they make money out of it. So, in the end, who do we trust? Watch it, I think that explains it all, but still, read the article and all the comments for more information.

I have sat and thought long and hard for months/years now about 2012 and wondered "ok, do the maya say its the end of the world"
NO !! They do not. they say change.
We are talking a civilazation that lasted what, 3,000 years...............
They knew a lot about maths, the skies etc, but I have read as much as I can and NOWHERE can I see a website saying 100% that the Maya are saying "The Earth will end" they dont even predict problems.

Could 2012 just be a masive overhyped game by someone?

Thoughts please.

Shaun

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The earth as been here for about 4.55 billion years. Mammals have only been here for about 40 million years? If you can swallow that and take it into account then I doubt you'll be joining one of those suicidal "end of the world groups". (lol)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I'd say we be fools if we didn't think there's people looking to make money from 2012.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

This made me giggle as i had read a thread about someone meeting the people behind the may 21st ordeal and if you read the thread it will put more enfasis on your point that its to make money and matierial.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5/5/11 by Solsthime331 because: Forgot link lol.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
people try to make money off of everything
even little things day to day
they dream of big money and how to get it

behind everything is money

link   

link   
reply to post by shauny

So youve made your mind up after a couple days research and come to the conclusion its all about some making profit.
2012 may not be the end of the world, not for all of us anyway but i bet by the end of 2011 your views will have changed!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Anything is profitable if your eyes are big enough to see the opportunity, and your heart is small enough to pursue said opportunity.
I could prove without a doubt that a virus was going to go pandemic in two weeks and some jack-hole would find a way to bottle some bull$h!t herbs and label them as a remedy or a cure. Human beings are opportunistic beings. Scavengers. And since we don't foriage for food anymore, we've taken to foriaging for money.

This doesn't mean that 2012 is any less valid, and it doesn't mean its any more valid. All it means is some guy saw a situation and his brain translated this situation as $$ signs.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hmmmmm,
weird weather- check
multiple wars-check
governments in collapse-check
historical prophecies being clarified- check
well,.. the bible having some say in it also- check
maybe it is a scam,. all part of a very well orchestrated plan to get YOUR money
that has been in the making for a VERY long time..this just might be bigger than money.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
personally i don't think 2012 is a money-making scam, but a serendipitous chain of events triggered by the alignment of the astrals. The Mayans knew something we don't.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Whether or not there's any truth to 2012 events...
Someone, somewhere, sometime, will be cashing in on it, that's a guarantee.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
For some it is, just like Y2K was. If you think about it, the entire Book of Revelation (and the Bible as a whole) is nothing but an elaborate money making scheme.

But for others, it's very, very real.

Whether it will come to pass, only time will tell.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmmmmm,
weird weather- check
multiple wars-check
maybe it is a scam,. all part of a very well orchestrated plan to get YOUR money
that has been in the making for a VERY long time..this just might be bigger than money.

weather is crappy I'll give you that
wars of all types have been going on including civil war in many small countries for years now not including us
we are tough shape but is it so bad to be the second or third best economy? Does that mean we can't get back into the game?
Historical prophecies such as nostradamus has been interpreted a thousand and one ways and unless you can personnally decipher his riddled quatrains who the heck can you believe
as far as the bible there are a few versions that can be interpreted different ways you believe that the wold is going to end on March 21, 2011? The religious group says the bible says so..
just saying the only concerning thing to me and that's because we cannot control it is in fact the weather...
According to some the Mayan elders are quite upset over the mistranslation of the calendar and feel as though the Mayan Calendar has been misrepresented...
As far as what everyones gut is telling them their gut is telling them something because they look at an awful lot of this stuff such as end time prophecy which has been around forever...Remember Nostradamus and the year two thousand???
I'm not saying this to be a jerk I'm just trying to keep things in perspective for some readers...

Link to list of disasters over the years
edit on 5-5-2011 by chrismarco because: link added

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmmmmm,
weird weather- check
multiple wars-check

weather is crappy I'll give you that
wars of all types have been going on including civil war in many small countries for years now not including us
we are tough shape but is it so bad to be the second or third best economy? Does that mean we can't get back into the game?
Historical prophecies such as nostradamus has been interpreted a thousand and one ways and unless you can personnally decipher his riddled quatrains who the heck can you believe
as far as the bible there are a few versions that can be interpreted different ways you believe that the wold is going to end on March 21, 2011? The religious group says the bible says so..
just saying the only concerning thing to me and that's because we cannot control it is in fact the weather...
According to some the Mayan elders are quite upset over the mistranslation of the calendar and feel as though the Mayan Calendar has been misrepresented...
As far as what everyones gut is telling them their gut is telling them something because they look at an awful lot of this stuff such as end time prophecy which has been around forever...Remember Nostradamus and the year two thousand???
I'm not saying this to be a jerk I'm just trying to keep things in perspective for some readers...
and you picked me,. oh what a day,.
thankyou

My friend,.
I am in my mid 40s and a bit into history.
things arnt normal,.
and to be short and sweet,.
we will see

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Thanks I'm 40 so not too far behind but we shouldn't be worrying about the end of the world we should be worrying about living it to the best of our abilities...this stuff does not help it actually slows us down

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by shauny

So youve made your mind up after a couple days research and come to the conclusion its all about some making profit.
2012 may not be the end of the world, not for all of us anyway but i bet by the end of 2011 your views will have changed!

Behave yourself (as we say here in Scotchland)

Your putting words into my mouth.

I started a thread..........that is all.
2012, if this is what you want, the end of the world, may happen.
I just get the feeling some here WANT this to happen...
...is all.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

No worries from me,.
I have always gone with the flow,. life is fluid
But ,.
This time around, it is a bit different then the Y2K show.
there is "some" history to back up the claims of madness.
At least we dont have long to prove it wrong,.. right?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes!

This is exactly what the naysayers have been saying for years now. With absolutely zero scientific evidence supporting any of the many 2012 theories, it's nothing more than a giant scam.

Why do you think there's so many theories anyway? Anytime one gets debunked, the believers just move the goalpost. The believers aren't even the ones profiting from it. That's why I laugh.

Fear is in fact the biggest motivator. No more............no less.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join