It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is 2012 just a money making scam?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Hmmmmm,
weird weather- check
multiple wars-check
governments in collapse-check
historical prophecies being clarified- check
well,.. the bible having some say in it also- check
maybe it is a scam,. all part of a very well orchestrated plan to get YOUR money
that has been in the making for a VERY long time..this just might be bigger than money.

You can say that about almost ANY age. Weather is ALWAYS weird and unpredictable, ALWAYS wars going on ect. ect. You are just falling for the hype.

If 2012 was such a sure thing...... how come nobody was writing about it in the 60's, 70's or 80's. Its only become fashionable to talk about it now when it's so close. If it was so "written in stone ages ago" don't you think people would have discussed it even a little bit back in the day? I don't recall even one mention of 2012 when I was growing up and I was all into the Conspiracy thing even back then and I would read lots of books on such things.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Its a load of garbage in my opinion. I havent seen anything that would make me think otherwise either.

This is coming from someone who belives in ufo's as well. At the end of the day, people can believe what they want and will do.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I was gonna buy some books on 2012 the otherday......

but I decided to wait until 2013 when they're all on sale.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Self fulfilling prophecy is what 2012 will be about if end of the world disasters take place.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

No clue...we will find out though. I know that I will be #ting my pants on this supposed "doomsday" though...I mean you just can never really know...lol

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Of course 2012 can be seen as a money making scam...no doubt about that...but that does not mean it ain't gonna happen...

Naysayers will always say things have happened before...it's all normal. What about the deep underground bunkers facilities that the govt are building in Norway, Denver, India, Russia to name a few..??? Does this ever make you wonder why they build such facilities...??? Sure they are "only" seed banks etc etc, Okay if so, your only telling me that you believe everything your government tells you....well think again.

We all know the govt have lied at some point about something??? So what guarantees you that they aren't lying at all when the say such??

Let me tell you something, it is simply UNWISE to rule out a possibility until and unless proven beyond doubt that it is not feasible at all, and that can assure you that Sh!t ain't going down comes 2012.

Until then it's best to prepare yourselves, just in case... if nothing happens you don't lose anything.

By the way the Mayans did prophecy about a coming change, about ascension to higher consciousness...look it up...

So then what do you think can bring about this change??? We don't know exactly what may cause the change, but I do believe change is coming. It is more of stripping away from the old world, and moving on to a new world, imo.

And it has begun...

So be WISE and prepare if you may...

FOR FAILING TO PREPARE IS PREPARING TO FAIL

Peace

edit on 7-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
YES! It is a huge money maker for those smart enough to make money off of the fears of others. Reprehensible, immoral...Yes! Illegal, no.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

It was good until they spelled "Divided" wrong. No value after that point.

Seriously, though. The moral of that video is, "Bad stuff is happening, do good stuff instead."

Also, human mind waves influencing the magnetic field of the planet? Sure, by the way I have some great oceanfront property to sell you... only an hour from the Phoenix area, too. Prime real estate, great price.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

It was good until they spelled "Divided" wrong. No value after that point.

Seriously, though. The moral of that video is, "Bad stuff is happening, do good stuff instead."

Hi vexati0n,

The reason I put up that video, was to give an overview of what is happening around us.
I'm glad you got the moral of the video, which was part of the message a wanted to relay.

Bad things are happening, for sure, and its about time we bring on good in this world, of course through peace and love for each other.

As fair as the OP goes, people will definitely do anything to cash in.

...by the way I have some great oceanfront property to sell you... only an hour from the Phoenix area, too. Prime real estate, great price.

As for me, I'm happy with whatever I have and that's about all I need to be happy

Perhaps ebay is a better place you can sell your property

Peace

edit on 8-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It feels like the closer we get to 2012 the less people wanna talk about it, to me it seems as though alot of those 'end of the world' people are afraid of looking stupid when the year rolls around and nothing happens! wheres all the hype about the cataclysmic events now? not as crazed as say 2 years ago. The best way to make money is to strike fear in the hearts of the consumers, so they go out and spend more and more to feel safer when the real threat is closer than they care to realize.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You'd probably need to know a lot to be sure. But the earth is said to go though cycles of say, temperature for example which could cause instability. If you know when this instability occurs, voila you have the 2012 of doom.

Though it doesn't mean there isnt any man-made stuff going on ofc...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

To me it is good for the economy. Which I'm not really saying is a bad thing --economy wise, it could use a boost. But the real question is will it really happen? Is there going to be an ascension? Religions have described that Otherside (not a good word cause in my beliefs its in us and here) but you know what I mean when I say Otherside, so using that --is the vibration of love. The NDEs have given us the best glimpse of it. In a place/frequency/vibrational world of pure love..if you are looking at our world here on earth is it truly ready to ascend/join in 2012? No. Even with all the books, videos, seminars..we're not all moving into this pure love vibration.

When major disasters hit..tsunamis, earthquakes, tornados...that is when I see us moving towards this type of vibration. There is a genuine outpouring of concern and aid, even for those outside our own borders. But what about the rest of the time? What about even the events of the last weeks...here in the US there has been nothing but bickering about President. From his birth certificate to his handling of Bin Laden... and the most vocal of these people that I've seen are the churchgoers. They were casting the most blame.

When I come here to abovetopsecret..well I expect that kind of thing if I head on over into the political conspiracy areas...but its out there in the world. Too much hate, too much bickering. Ready for ascension? No way.

So I search and go over to the "lightworker" forums that I find on the Internet..figuring I'll find a breath of fresh air. Can't find it there either..they're all busy checking symptoms and the usual chatter. We have more self proclaimed lightworkers than ever before...you'd think we'd be seeing incredible things day in and day out on large scale. I say where is it?? With so many lightworkers this should be a changed world. I'm not seeing in, are you?

For me, 2012 is not about the end of the world, not about people en masse crossing over into a higher vibrational world because I just don't see any of it happening. The "signs" are the same signs that have been with us throughout the ages. And there is a profit to be made selling this as all brand new...but nothing has really changed. If we did ascend we would all be polluting that frequency.
edit on 9-5-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Too many cultures speak of 2012 and its not one of these predictions like Y2K where its amde up shortly before the so call event.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's the y2k scare/millennium bug of the 21st century. Whether it's gonna happen or not, I don't think it's a scam that's designed by some entity or whatsoever. People will always find opportunities to make money off anything; it just so happens that the idea "2012" makes some people see a lot of $$$$$.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yes.

I went to Thorpe park recently (well yesterday) and they had all these posters up stating "The End Is Coming" under that there was a URL for this site, www.lc12.net...

After a bit of digging I found out that its a PR stunt for a new rollercoaster being built in 2012. The theme of the coaster is world destruction.

So yes, I believe 2012 is nothing more than a cash making movement.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join