It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Family Invited To Presidential Ground Zero Visit Snubs Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
www.sun-sentinel.com...

"Why not show us proof, that Bin Laden was killed? I would like to see that," wondered Evans. Meanwhile, the Vigiano family insisted they mean no disrespect toward the President as John is a former marine and a retired Brooklyn firefighter.

So real patriotic Americans do want proof seems real to me. Wonder what the defenders of the faith will have to say about this.
Bets on if Fox or MSNBC will run this story?

edit on 5-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You know cause they are all like we must believe the president your not American if dont or a crazy conspiracy nut (like those guys on ATS)
and all they do is spout the official story...

Well not all of em both outlets have their radical truthers but for the most part seems that way to me...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

A good truly patriotic family that will be painted as conspiracy weirdos.
Whouda thunk?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
yep i already been called un american for wanting proof.

when it is completely american to question authority.

the past week its like i have been in the twilight zone and the left and right swtiched positions.

the world must be truly ending when people detested waterboarding and they go out into the streets and cheer with glee the murder of another human.

makes me just want to bang my head into a wall and knock myself out to get away from it all.

oh the humanity................

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Releasing the pictures will put our soldiers in more danger.
All you people will call them fake.

So who wins by putting them out?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah, they'll run the story and then pull a bunch of "patriotic" lackeys out of the woodwork to flame them and try to maked them look like terrorist sympathysers for daring to question the Gov't on issues that should need no proof. Accuse them of insulting the memory of those who died on 911 so that the whole nation will see how unamerican they are during this time of national pride and unity.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Nobody wins and nobody is going to believe, even with pictures and video. They had pics and video from the Jessica Lynch "rescue" and they all turned out to be fabricated after the fact. We were all played for suckers till Jessica Lynch herself called BS.

So am I gonna believe them in this case? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KicknAndScreamin

Yeah, they'll run the story and then pull a bunch of "patriotic" lackeys out of the woodwork to flame them and try to maked them look like terrorist sympathysers for daring to question the Gov't on issues that should need no proof. Accuse them of insulting the memory of those who died on 911 so that the whole nation will see how unamerican they are during this time of national pride and unity.

Man you people catch on fast no wonder they got to attack you conspiracy 'nuts' 'truthers' and 'birthers' all day long heck they even got to make up words to profile you so people like Sinn can have something to call ya. Cant have you guys be respected then the sheeple might just start waking up...

lol dont worry you guys are winning why you think they are so scared
check my sig for the real truth.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yep i already been called un american for wanting proof.

when it is completely american to question authority.

the past week its like i have been in the twilight zone and the left and right swtiched positions.

the world must be truly ending when people detested waterboarding and they go out into the streets and cheer with glee the murder of another human.

makes me just want to bang my head into a wall and knock myself out to get away from it all.

oh the humanity................

Makes you think, huh? Humanity has come a long way… in the WRONG DIRECTION! Its gonna take something big to get us back on track.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

i'm hoping for a zombie apocaplyse myself then it will just be the living vs the dead

no shades of gray no rights or lefts

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Nobody wins. Nobody can win. OBL is dead along with hundreds of thousands of civilians. America is fighting unwinnable wars and starting new ones. At the same time America is bankrupt and rapidly becoming a police state. Many people feel evidence of OBL's death will bring closure.

I for one have a hard time believing the official stories of 9/11, WMDs, and the OBL raid. I will say that if OBL did pull off 9/11 and sought to bring down the U.S. as the lone global super power, then dead or alive he won. His goals were achieved. Just as the empires of old, the U.S. empire is in a freefall.

I commend the family for standing their ground. They have every right to ask for evidence/proof.

If bin Laden was unarmed, as reports say, then our President should be investigated as to why he ordered the execution instead of capture. OBL should have been brought in alive if unarmed, had formal charges brought against him and put on trial.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Soldiers are soldiers and already - by definition - in about as much danger as a person can be in.

How could pictures make them in more danger?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Good for them not allowing themselves to be used as a reelection pr stunt by obama.. Bad enough they were used to start the u.s illegal / immoral wars in Iraq and Afghanistan...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What? put them in danger? you have no proof of that.. maybe if we brought them all home already, we wouldnt need this debate of proof of OBLs death... Releasing pics of how horrible we treated prisoners didnt get them in too much more trouble did it? so why pictures of the Moth........er we've been looking for for 10 years going to put them in danger? its not like the world didnt think we'd finally get him, if we did.. Please... you show the proof because we spend billions and trillions of dollers to do it.. least you can do is show us..

FOREALS

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KicknAndScreamin
So am I gonna believe them in this case? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Exactly why I do not see putting our soldiers lives in even more danger than they are already in just so some people can call something a fake instead of saying it will be a fake. It just makes no sense to me at all.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
Man you people catch on fast no wonder they got to attack you conspiracy 'nuts' 'truthers' and 'birthers' all day long heck they even got to make up words to profile you so people like Sinn can have something to call ya. Cant have you guys be respected then the sheeple might just start waking up...

Oh how the sword of irony doth cut a great swath.
I do not recall calling anyone any names in this thread and I used to be a truther and had no problem with the title. I have asked "birthers" many times what else I should call a group of people that deny Obama was born in Kenya. No one has responded. But here? You whip out sheeple after that little speech? Did I call anyone a deather? That is the new one you know.

These people that say "Show me the pic or I don't believe it" have already been labled "deathers" by the MSM. You do not like the moniker, you better make your own flag real fast and wave it higher than anyone.

But maybe you can help me out with the topic.

lol dont worry you guys are winning why you think they are so scared
check my sig for the real truth.

That is such an odd analogy. A woman must only really fight off a rapist if that rapist has a good point huh? Why else wouyld she fight so hard?
Anyway....

Can you tell me what good would come of releasing the pictures? Making 9/11 victims feel good is not going to cut it.
edit on 5/5/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

just like releasing the photos at abu ghraib? riiiight, who wanted them released again? ohh thats right lol...obama

NO PICS?

IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by leemachino
I commend the family for standing their ground. They have every right to ask for evidence/proof.

I have every right to ask for a bazillion dollars too.
We all have the right to ask for stuff.
I have the right to ask if I can drive 100 MPH in a school zone.
I hae the right to ask.
I just find it a little more than selfish. To think more Americans might die due to these pictures, and knowing how people doubt photos anyway, and they would still demand them be released? Sounds like spoiled children with no concern for anything but their tinfoil hat.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Soldiers are soldiers and already - by definition - in about as much danger as a person can be in.

How could pictures make them in more danger?

Really? I guess you need to tell that to the military brass that have told the president not to release the pictures and all the people in the government that also want to know what good it will do anyway.

Mr. Carney said the president expressed doubts early on about releasing the photos, but consulted his senior advisers. All of them, Mr. Carney said, voiced concerns about the risks. Based on its monitoring of worldwide reaction to the announcement of Bin Laden’s death, Mr. Carney said, the administration also concluded that most people viewed the reports of his death as credible and that publicizing photos would do little to sway those who believed it was a hoax.

The administration said originally that it would not oppose releasing the pictures, but the president decided he would fight making them public after his military commanders warned that the images could provoke a reaction against troops in those countries.

So Obama was gonna let the pictures out.
The military asked him not to.
He went with them.
You blame him and say screw them?

Am I following?

story
edit on 5/5/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I agree and disagree with this.

Releasing the photos will not put the soldiers in more danger. I think that is a cop-out argument being used by officials as an excuse not to release the photos. It is widely accepted that Osama has been killed in the international media, and that alone will be enough to elicit any sort of terrorist reactions that would be expected.

However, the vast majority of the people crying for the pictures will believe that they were photoshopped or manipulated or outright fabrications. Just look at how many of these same people handled the birth certificate. The simple fact is there are die-hard Obama opponents who will believe anything and everything in order to discredit the man.

That being said, I really want to see the photographs. I don't see any logical reason not to release them, as photos of the raid have already been leaked. Reluctance to release the evidence will only result in needless speculation and warranted suspicion. There are rational people out there who do not hate everything about Obama, such as myself, who are skeptical of the OBL situation simply because of the subversive tactics being used by this administration (burial at sea, refusal to release evidence, constantly changing official story).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join