It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast from the past: Old school Survival... cowboy style

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Let me introduce you to the
Rossi Ranch Hand Lever-Action Pistol
Old school made new again, new for 2011 that is..
basically a shortened Model ‘92 Winchester lever gun replica, but built from the beginning as a pistol, thus eliminating the need to register the weapon as a short-barreled rifle in the US. Making these arms as pistols means that if you can legally buy a handgun, you can legally buy these shortened rifle-style pistols.

For you non cowboy action shooting buffs This style of weapon is commonly known as a Mare’s Leg
I'm sure most of the folks on here are thinking, "What the hell is a Mare's leg"????
to answer that Let me ask if you ever saw the old TV show Firefly?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9c9fecb22b7.jpg[/atsimg]

They come in three flavors..
.38/.357
.44 mag
and naturally the king cowboy round the .45 long colt
MSRP is $500 but doing a fast google search I found plenty of them for just a bit over $300
Remember you'll not only need the nice leather hip holster you'll also need the long cowboy duster jacket to go with

edit on 5-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
that is really cool although its a little big for my taste...for a pistol anyway

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
that is really cool although its a little big for my taste...for a pistol anyway

I never said it was practical and I've never been much good when it comes to hip shooting
but you know boys and their toys... I still want one...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
wonderful wonderful wonderful! I've wanted one for so long but I never wanted the pay the SBR price.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yeah i have seen more than a few of those, they also market them as the "terminator gun" like arnie used in the second movie i think.
My first worry was, I don't know if it was Kalifornia or US law but , here i cannot have a pistol capable of firing a rifle round.
But i see this line sticks to pistol calibers.
Yep, I cannot buy a Thompson Contender...
My second bit o whining is, it is a lever gun, i had a marlin 30-30 years back and was devastated to see it did not live up to my expectations, the design is over a century old, there should be no probs.
Now years back I got a 44 Vaquero from my Dad for Xmas it is a great novelty gun and i shoot it evry once in a while but i have yet to use it as a primary for reasonalble reasons.
In short if I had money to blow, I'd prolly pick one up for grins and giggles.
I just have bigger ducks to fry is all.
But memory lane is a nice place to visit.

Chuck Conners comes to mind for me more than Sarah Conner.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
how much for the modified one that hold a 30 roundclip?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Not clip, magazine tubular mag in fact.
With each round measuring about 1.6 inches the magazine would be 48 inches alone, without feed spring!!!
I would suggest just affixing a bayonet to the end of the mag and saving ammo!

That would be a huge mag either way!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
hmm those old school survialists probably would have preferred a semi auto or full auto assualt rifle.

different weapons for different times.

back in the day when i didnt know any better and in the prime of my youth yeah i would have bought into this.

now that im older and wisers and perhaps a bit more lazy i prefer semi auto assualt rifles either the ar or the ak.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just like Fords and Chevy's we all have our own likes... for me I'd rather pick up a Fn SCAR over a AR...
But a nifty toy like this would sure draw a gathering at the shooting range

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

indeed to each their own

its your money.

top topics

join