It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No resistance in "cold-blooded" U.S. raid: Pakistan officials

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No resistance in "cold-blooded" U.S. raid: Pakistan officials

news.yahoo.com

ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan (Reuters) – Osama bin Laden and his comrades offered no resistance when killed by U.S. special forces in a Pakistani town, Pakistani security officials said on Thursday.

U.S. accounts of what happened have changed throughout the week, and initial characterizations of a 40-minute gun battle have given way to officials being quoted as saying only one of the five people who were killed had been armed.

The White House has cited the "fog of war" as a reason for initial misinformation on whether bin Laden -- who was shot in the head -- was armed when U.S. Navy SEALs ra
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Now all of the sudden Pakistan is wanting the United States look like the bad guys in this past weekend's raid to kill bin Laden.

We've given these ingrates $Billions and they're wanting to say we killed these people in cold-blood? I'm sorry but this was just a sentence being carried out and, unlike them, our SEALs know the difference between an unarmed person and an armed one.

They got caught with their pants down and now they're going to try and turn everything around to make the US look bad in the world's eyes.

EDIT: I'm so irritated after reading this article, I cana't even think of anything to say that will be within the T &C policies here at ATS. I'm going to go smoke a cigarette or two.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/5/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

All that needs to be done is release the footage from the helmet cams. Then we can hear the gunshots of the inhabitants of the compound, at least.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I'm not for releasing this data. It will show our enemies and potential enemies how covert ops are actually carried out.

This is not even a last resort. Let them think what they want to think. Osama is dead and that's all that counts.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why do we even care what Pakistan thinks?

We borrowed a page from Israel's rule book for a change. There is a job that needs to be done and no one else is doing it, so we did it. We should not be offering any apologies for it either, I wish we were being a little more indignant about it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So you think your nation is saving the world from terrorism,well i want to encourage you to check the meaning of the therm "terrorism" then get back to discussion...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

had he been charged with a crime and then tried, maybe then it could have been a "sentence", i dont think that americans realise osama was one of your guys

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysStoned

Ok, if you were in charge how would you have gone about it?

Seriously, I am tired of all this negativity towards our actions taken against OBL. If you are going to complain about our methods, then draw up another plan in order to stop him. By all means, present a case to us that would actually work to bring that mad mans activities to a halt.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysStoned

So you think your nation is saving the world from terrorism,well i want to encourage you to check the meaning of the therm "terrorism" then get back to discussion...

I must ask you, where did I say that I thought 'my nation' is saving the world from terrorism? I'm a firm believer that you are what you say your username says you are.

So, you're siding with the Pakistani's on this issue? Osama didn't deserve what he got?

Put that blunt out and get back to reality.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

All that needs to be done is release the footage from the helmet cams. Then we can hear the gunshots of the inhabitants of the compound, at least.

But as much as a photo can be edited, so can a 'soundtrack' or audio recording, it's fairly easy to add gunshots and monitor the recording and frequency responses of the audio wav.

Full transparency is preferable to fully hiding the evidence. Otherwise why should we believe you?

Especially considering the hints that the British SAS had Bin Laden cornered in Afghanistan but were told to desist by American Generals, whom passed the order through Delta Force, essentially letting him go. Either because the Americans could not have tolerated their most wanted man being killed by a British soldier or an Afghan soldier, or simply because they wanted the 'boogie-man' to escape, ready for Act II.

Also consider that the Americans should have taken Osama alive in this more recent raid. Instead they more than likely executed him (or even allowed him to live again!) and fabricated the whole story and sub-stories.

If we stay with the official ,media-driven version of 9/11 and Osama being killed,then killing him does NOT make sense- as it essentially kills all the evidence, the facts and the intel about the events of the pre-planning of 9/11 , which suggests incompetence.

If we consider another angle, what exactly would Osama have said in his trial?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So the pakistani accept that OBL was killed that night ? All this discussion will reinforce that belif in peoples minds.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

As more Islam countries will come forward to express their disappointment of the events and claims of US killing bin laden we are going to see more challenges, I just want to know how many countries will call this a Hoax.

Still I am more surprised that with all the briberies (I mean incentives) US has paid with tax payer dollars to Pakistan government they are even talking but it could be to get themselves from getting retaliation from their own people.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Now all of the sudden Pakistan is wanting the United States look like the bad guys in this past weekend's raid to kill bin Laden.
Being a "bad guy" is a result of your actions.

You fly an aeroplane full of people and kill thousands - you're a bad guy
You enter in someone's home and kill several unarmed people - what are you, a nice guy?

Although I have never even been in the military, it looks like they could have taken Bin Laden back without killing other people, that we do not even know if were guilty of anything besides being in that house.

We've given these ingrates $Billions and they're wanting to say we killed these people in cold-blood?
Those are two facts that do not negate each other.

The US may have given billions to Pakistan, but those people, if they were really unarmed as it looks, were killed in cold-blod.

And the fact that you give money to someone doesn't mean you can do what you want to them, it doesn't make you their owner.

I'm sorry but this was just a sentence being carried out and, unlike them, our SEALs know the difference between an unarmed person and an armed one.
Who was the judge that passed that sentence?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
i am glad OBL is dead, who wants to stick their head up and claim to be #1 now. I hope a special ops team goes in and takes them out. why aren't the pakistanis the bad guys for hiding this guy for years

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
All is going according to plan.
He said she said, get them mad at us and vise versa.
Now that the pumps are primed, let's git to some war!
Divide and conquer, and nobody saw it coming.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Stop WHO???
The American government is the one that should be stopped,they are the biggest terrorists...Just look what they do to nature,to people...Killing innocents for their sick greed.
I am sure that Osama bin Laden was not a threat at all...he alone said that America should pay for what they do,and i agree,but killing and destruction is not the right way to solve problems

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You make good points. Doctoring a video would take a few days to get it right. OJ, Obama, Osama, they would all go free if tried. The evidence is lacking. By killing Osama, they lost a great deal of intel, if indeed they did kill him. They tortured his driver, his cook, and his sock mender, but they don't torture him?
edit on 5-5-2011 by earthdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It is obvious that Pakistan is embarrassed and they are just reacting to that embarrassment. One of their own generals in the intelligence division confirms this:

In Osama aftermath, Pakistan is 'embarrassed'

Jyoti Malhotra / New Delhi May 4, 2011, 0:20 IST

As Pakistan begins to cope with the astonishing reality that the world’s most wanted terrorist, Osama bin Laden, had actually been living quite comfortably in its backyard for the last five or six years, a combination of embarrassment, anger and a fraught sullenness continues to make the country the cynosure of the world’s eyes.

General Mahmud Durrani, a former national security adviser as well as a card-carrying member of Pakistan’s intelligentsia, acknowledged the shock and the soul-searching that had begun to mark Pakistan in the wake of bin Laden’s death.

“It is a double embarrassment for us,” General Durrani told the Business Standard over the phone from Islamabad, “I was among those who believed that Osama bin Laden was living somewhere in the borderlands between Afghanistan and Pakistan, but now we find that he was under our nose all the time.”

“I also don’t believe that Pakistan’s intelligence agencies knew about Osama’s whereabouts or that they were part of the US operation that ultimately killed him… I think they were caught, literally, with their pants down.”

Source: www.business-standard.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Strange herd there was only footage of the approach to bin laden compound then the soposed blackout ?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I swear, it's damned if we do, damned if we don't. Bottom line is that an evil S.O.B is gone and cannot kill again. To those bashing the U.S....maybe you would feel differently if he had targeted YOUR country and you lost someone YOU love because of him. I'm sick of people raggin on the U.S. Yes, we have our faults, but so do other countries......and EVERY time a country needs help....WHO DO THEY PLEAD WITH FOR ASISSTANCE??? THE U.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join