It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head Of CIA – Reports Obama Watched Bin Laden Die Are Lies, Admits NO LIVE RAID VIDEO FOOTAGE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Why don't people just start posting

I hate Obama and that is why I do not believe anything that comes out of the White House?

At least keep it real.

I guess the same reason other people dont just start posting, "I believe everything that comes out of the Whitehouse because I love Obama and nothing at all can change my mind."

I like the flawed assumption that you have to hate Obama to hate whats going on. Some of us have made arguments that perhaps HE is being duped by the CIA too. Im willing to consider this isnt originating with him. After all, he didnt see the body, or live footage, and he is relying on hearsay just like we are.

I just have no respect for those who in the face of outright lies, photo shopped images of the situation room etc., want to pretend NOTHING is wrong with what we are being fed by the media. It clearly stinks, and imho, the only ones who dont notice the stench do not because their heads are already up their own butts.

We may not know with certainty who is behind what is going on, and who is involved, but the idea that these are all just innocent slip ups is beyond ridiculous at this point. SOMEONE is manipulating the information in this story. How involved Obama is personally is up for debate.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
We may not know with certainty who is behind what is going on, and who is involved, but the idea that these are all just innocent slip ups is beyond ridiculous at this point.

I would agree. But pointing fingers without some sort of support is just speculation. And in my opinion, should be stated as such, not as fact. To say that Obama lied, when actually it was the media who got it wrong just serves to cloud the issue further.

SOMEONE is manipulating the information in this story.

That's very likely. And it's also probable that the White House is not telling us everything. I'm perfectly willing to believe that. I don't, however believe they're lying because of something the media said.

And my head isn't up my ass, I'm not drinking Kool-aid and while I like Obama and some of the stuff he's done, I don't love him or approve of everything he does. Not by a long shot.
Just to clarify.

It seems people have forgotten about the area between the extremes. Why must we be forced to believe one extreme or the other?

You either LOVE and worship Obama or you HATE him and are a racist... There IS a middle ground and that's where I am.

You either believe EVERYTHING the gov't says or think it's ALL lies. There IS a middle ground and that's where I am.

It's lonely here...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
We may not know with certainty who is behind what is going on, and who is involved, but the idea that these are all just innocent slip ups is beyond ridiculous at this point.

I would agree. But pointing fingers without some sort of support is just speculation. And in my opinion, should be stated as such, not as fact. To say that Obama lied, when actually it was the media who got it wrong just serves to cloud the issue further.

SOMEONE is manipulating the information in this story.

You either LOVE and worship Obama or you HATE him and are a racist... There IS a middle ground and that's where I am.

You either believe EVERYTHING the gov't says or think it's ALL lies. There IS a middle ground and that's where I am.

It's lonely here...

Just to be clear... I am not an Obama hater, I actually campaigned for him.

You seemed to be confused. You assert the government is not lying and they are. THEY HAVE REVISED THEIR STORY SEVERAL TIMES.

I supposed the media made up the story that Bin Laden was armed with an AK-47 as well.

They also made up the story about Bin Laden using his wife as a human shield to...

The list goes on and on... It's not the media, its the government.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexhiggins732
You seemed to be confused. You assert the government is not lying and they are. THEY HAVE REVISED THEIR STORY SEVERAL TIMES.

I do not assert that the government is not lying! I'm asking you and others to show me the lie. There's a huge difference. I have not taken a position on this yet. I'm still asking questions.

I supposed the media made up the story that Bin Laden was armed with an AK-47 as well.

I don't know where that came from. CAN YOU SHOW ME? I read that the WH said there was an AK-47 and a pistol nearby - within arms' reach - and then he was shot. Who said he was ARMED?

They also made up the story about Bin Laden using his wife as a human shield to...

Again, I read that there were erroneous accounts (NOT from the White House) about a human shield.

It's not the media, its the government.

Then you shouldn't have any trouble linking to a source that quotes the government claiming that OBL was armed and used his wife as a shield.
edit on 5/5/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I do not assert that the government is not lying! I'm asking you and others to show me the lie. There's a huge difference. I have not taken a position on this yet. I'm still asking questions.

I don't know where that came from. CAN YOU SHOW ME? I read that the WH said there was an AK-47 and a pistol nearby - within arms' reach - and then he was shot. Who said he was ARMED?

Again, I read that there were erroneous accounts (NOT from the White House) about a human shield.

It's not the media, its the government.

Then you shouldn't have any trouble linking to a source that quotes the government claiming that OBL was armed and used his wife as a shield.
edit on 5/5/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

in the original account of the firefight, John Brennan, a US counter-terrorism official briefing the media, said "There was family at that compound, and there was a female who was, in fact, in the line of fire that reportedly was used as a shield to shield Osama from the incoming fire"

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Again quoting brennan

Bin Laden engaged in the firefight, but it was unclear if he picked up a firearm or shot any rounds. Brennan also identified bin Laden as the combatant who had used a woman as a human shield. She was the only woman who died in the operation, which also killed a courier for bin Laden, the courier's brother, and one of bin Laden's sons, Brennan said. Brennan later said it was his understanding that the woman was one of bin Laden's wives, but officials later said Brennan was mistaken -- his wife had only been injured in the attack.

"She served as a shield -- this is my understanding -- when she fought back -- when there was an opportunity to get to bin Laden -- she was positioned in a way that she was used as a shield," Brennan told reporters.

Brennan was repeatedly asked if the Navy Seals team that conducted the operations was under orders to kill, not capture, bin Laden.

"If we had the opportunity to take him alive, we would have done that," Brennan said, noting that he and other security officials expected bin Laden to fight back, which he did. "We're hoping to bury the rest of al-Qaeda along with bin Laden."

tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
On a technical point getting a live feed outside the building to an uplink (helicopter relay or satelite) would not be easy. It can be done easily if the internal building is prepped. But given the nature of this event I doubt that would have been possible.

Of course it's not impossible and if a robust signal was not a high priority then you could get snipets of video out. As discussed, they may be using an advanced modulation technique.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden dead: US President Barack Obama watched raid in 'real time'

Barack Obama watched US special forces' raid in 'real time'. The US President watched events unfold sitting in the White House Situation Room, thousands of miles away from the al-Qaeda leader's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. The pictures were reportedly relayed to the White House via a video camera fixed to the helmet of a US Navy Seal.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Osama Bin Laden dead: President Obama, advisors watched raid to kill Al Qaeda leader unfold live

"They didn't know who was on those [helicopters]," Brennan said.

"They were scrambling some of their assets," he said. "Clearly, we were concerned."

Meanwhile, the SEAL team was inside Bin Laden's house and a firefight erupted. Bin Laden used a woman as a human shield and raised a weapon, though Brennan was unsure if he got a round off before an American bullet smashed into his forehead.

Brennan would not confirm that the President and his team could actually hear the bullets being fired, but suggested that was the case.

There was one unconfirmed report that Obama could watch one feed from a video attached to the helmet of one of the SEALs.

It was just before 4 p.m. when the US team confirmed Bin Laden was down and the Americans were safe. They blew up their disabled chopper as they left with Bin Laden's body.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Obama watched bin Laden die

US officials revealed that a team of its Navy Seals shot bin Laden in the side of the head during a fierce firefight at the sophisticated complex where he had been hiding out in the Pakistani town of Abbottabad.

In all, 79 commandos and a dog were involved in the raid. One of two helicopters that flew them into the compound crashed after being hit by grenades fired by guards on the roof of bin Laden’s compound. The team called in one of two backups.

The officials told how three adult males, including the world’s most wanted man’s adult son Khalid, were killed.

One of his wives was, they claimed, used as a human shield by bin Laden. She too was killed.

Details were also given of how his body was retrieved by the Navy Seals, brought onto a Black Hawk helicopter and flown to the USS Carl Vinson which then dropped it into the North Arabian Sea in a secret location to prevent the grave from becoming a shrine for extremists.

www.irishexaminer.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Osama bin Laden dead: Obama watched Al Qaeda leader die on live video at White House

President Obama was watching on a TV screen as a commando gunned down Osama Bin Laden. Via a video camera fixed to the helmet of a U.S. Navy Seal, the leader of the free world saw the terror chief shot in the left eye.

The Seal then carried out what is known in the military as a ‘double tap’ – shooting him again, probably in the chest, to make certain he was dead. The footage of the battle in Bin Laden’s Pakistani hideout – relayed to the White House by satellite – is said to show one of his wives acting as a human shield to protect him as he blasted away with an AK47 assault rifle.

She died, along with three other men, including one of Bin Laden’s sons. Within hours, the Al Qaeda leader’s body was buried at sea.

headlinenews.co.cc...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It's lonely here...

I'm right there with you!

Whodda thunk the middle ground where truth matters, logic is applied, and calm reigns would be the lonely place. Almost seems like the middle ground is being squeezed out like the middle class. Wonder if there's some correlation here

reply to post by WildWorld

Thanks, WildWorld. I'm on information overload and should have a know that name. Ugh. Also, to amend my statement from before (top officials and official statements are two different things) that should have read more like "the words that come out of the mouths of top officials and official statements are two different things." Maybe that's too fine a distinction, but it all goes back to what and how re-reporters interpret and then in turn present information.
edit on 5/5/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here is a lie directly from obama's speech.

Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability. No Americans were harmed. They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.

There was not firefight. The only shots fired were by the US Navy Seals.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Obama watched bin Laden death raid

US President Barack Obama was able to monitor the raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden "in real time" from the White House.

"When we finally were informed that those individuals who were able to go in that compound and found an individual that they believed was bin Laden, there was a tremendous sigh of relief that what we believed and who we believed was in that compound was actually in that compound and was found. The president was relieved once we had our people and those remains (of bin Laden) off target."

He added that the mission was watched "in real time" by Mr Obama and senior US government officials, but he would not divulge details of the kind of footage they had access to. What Mr Brennan would say was: "It gave us the ability to actually track it on an ongoing basis."

It has emerged that bin Laden used one of his wives as a human shield in a bid to protect himself and that she too was killed. Mr Brennan said that action revealed "the nature of the individual he was".

www.independent.ie...
edit on 5-5-2011 by alexhiggins732 because: added source

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You are joking right? The Sun, The Daily Mail, The Telegraph and CNN... the list goes on and on who reported it?

The CNN story clearly says in the title that the pres watched in on live feed, but the article doesn't support that. It says he 'remotely monitored the situation', not that he watched a live feed.

If he 'remotely monitored the situation', that does imply a live feed. If he saw the video after the operation was completed, in what sense could he be monitoring the situation?

Those are two different things.
[/quote[

Please explain in what important sense they are different.

Watching on a live feed is much more specific. I hate to be so nit-picky, but if people are going to accuse someone of lying, I want to see someone lie.
What I see is that CNN took liberties with what Brennan said and sensationalized their headline... And people obviously fell for the sensationalism.

Brennan also said: ""We were able to have regular updates to ensure that we had real-time visibility into the progress of the operation."

Is that what you mean by 'sensationalism'?

It could be that the computer in the room Obama was in was connected to someone in Pakistan giving a blow-by-blow. Who knows? We don't.

As far as watching it, Check out AC360 for the time and data quoted on the live blog. It was first reported on CNN TV then I updated the live blog with a quote from CNN's blog. Its all right there.

It's all right there on the blogs, huh? I don't know what AC360 is or how to check out data on the blog. I'm actually not interested in any blog. I want to see where an administration official claimed that Obama watched the kill "on live feed", as CNN (apparently incorrectly) claims.

It wasn't just CNN which reported this, major news outlets across the world reported the same thing. So they are all lying? They all misinterpreted Brennan? Were you there to hear any questions asked and answered after the formal press release?

You're accusing others of making wrong assumptions, but it seems you might also be doing that.

edit on 5-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Obama and national security team watched bin Laden raid in real time from White House

WASHINGTON (AP) - From halfway around the world, President Barack Obama and his national security team monitored the strike on Osama bin Laden's compound in real time, watching and listening to the firefight that killed the terrorist leader.

Gathered in the White House Situation Room, members of the group held their breath and barely spoke as they waited to see whether a carefully crafted yet extremely risky plan would succeed, said White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan.

Source: ABC Local www.wxyz.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

Sometimes I have no idea what to think about these non-issues. Whether Obama watched Bin Laden die or not, what difference does it make? Does that make this man a bad person because he watched an enemy die? Maybe I feel there are much better topics to specualte on. Naturally, we are curious about death. If he did watch him then consider him human.
edit on 5-5-2011 by jibaritobueno because: grammar

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
They are spies and liars. If in fact he was killed in the raid and not a few years ago, which is highly speculative right now, then i'm sure they had some kind of footage. Its fairly simple to have gun mounted cams or helmet mounted cams.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TraptInTheSystem
They are spies and liars. If in fact he was killed in the raid and not a few years ago, which is highly speculative right now, then i'm sure they had some kind of footage. Its fairly simple to have gun mounted cams or helmet mounted cams.

Gun/helmet/body mounted cameras and recording the footage is the easy part. Getting the live feed outside and up into space is not so simple.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

I thought the recent head was watching with the rest of them. So many lies its a shame.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by region331

True, I over looked that fact. Although maybe they were using advanced stuff we havent seen. They were most likely using a stealth helicopter for the raid. What else were they using?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join