It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head Of CIA – Reports Obama Watched Bin Laden Die Are Lies, Admits NO LIVE RAID VIDEO FOOTAGE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TraptInTheSystem

Advanced technology is always a possibility.
Just out of interest have you ever seen a stealth helicopter? I know someone, whom I have no reason to doubt at all, who claims to have had one sneak up on him. Having worked around helicopters quite a bit I can't bring myself to accept it though. I've always thought he was mistaken

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

That was nice of you to look of information about the raid which was also protrayed in a picture of Obama (fist to his mouth looking concerned), Hillary (hand over her mouth looking horrified) and the others in the situation room supposedly watching the raid in live time. The Obbots who demand "proof' of every tid bit of any claim against the messiah are quite a bunch who don't know much about current events apparently. Or maybe they are just trying to inject doubt hoping no one will take the time to do their research for them.

I got tired of looking up informatoin for them all the time. It's a game they play too consistently. I let them look up their own information, often explaining how they can use google to find informatoin they don't know, step by step. Everyone who has been watching and reading the news knows what has gone down especially the nonsense that Obama and Hillary watched the raid in real time. That was a posed picture if I ever saw one!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by region331
reply to post by TraptInTheSystem

Advanced technology is always a possibility.
Just out of interest have you ever seen a stealth helicopter? I know someone, whom I have no reason to doubt at all, who claims to have had one sneak up on him. Having worked around helicopters quite a bit I can't bring myself to accept it though. I've always thought he was mistaken

I threw up all the helicopter wreckage photos I could find here...
http://(nolink)/2011/05/05/photos-video-reported-downed-black-hawk-helicopter-wreckage-alleged-osama-bin-laden-compound-22273/

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Read the whole thread...so does this mean that we don't have to pick up the cost of the pop corn and soda?
Or will be be charged any way?....

Posed isn't the word for it. Betcha after this the fluoride levels in the city water will be upped by at least one or two levels....we're not stupid enough yet to buy their crap...

Its making the report of the body being on "ice until needed" look more and more viable.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

Thats very interesting. Thanks.

I would imagine/speculate that a silent helicopter would be at a cost of performance on some level. Maybe even stability. Just speculation though

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by region331

Never saw one myself, but the picture of the downed helicopter from the raid suggests that it may be a stealth like helicopter.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

It seems to have been reported that local cellphones (and electricity) went down during the operation. It's possible that the military hijacked the microwave phone system to get a live feed back. That could be a possible explanation.

They could have used as much bandwidth as they wanted and got a good robust signal too. Assuming it's possible (and i'm sure it is since those systems are designed to throw ordinary people of the network for priority numbers anyway such as emergency servces and possibly military - we've all experienced our cellphones ending our call even though we have a full signal)

It would be quite a clever way to do it actually. It would have meant the infrastructure was already in place to do the job. No futuristic technology required. Just some hacking.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

wonder how that clever Twitter man was able to blog the whole thing
without power or cell service?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

If the sound of the helicopters was enough to be annoying then I assume that they are not so silent after all.

If it's true that the electricity went out at all, then maybe it was contained to a different set of streets than his.

It's likely that he wouldn't need cellphone towers working to access the internet though. Or was he using his cellphone?
edit on 5-5-2011 by region331 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2011 by region331 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Me too, I never heard anyone claiming they had video of the killing. They were probably watching Predator (or the like) infrared video from above and real time sound from the commanders, not likely squad communication. You've got so many rumors and talking heads jabbering on the news, making things up and then people take it from there and expound on it - helmet cams are the one I heard someone say. I have never heard an official say they had helmet cams on, but, it is going around the web like it is common sense. Just rumors and internet dorks pontificating on the rumors. We won't know the truth of the raid for a year or two when books start coming out.

V

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie

wonder how that clever Twitter man was able to blog the whole thing
without power or cell service?

he said he had a generator!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

not sure if it was by cell phone...I was a bit suspicious of the whole twitter deal because it basically was live confirmation that the raid was taking place. Convenient that he also speaks English and was tweeting in English too. I just blew it off as more wool-over-the-eyes escapades. I'm gonna do a little digging on that and get back to you

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

well isn't that convenient too!
2nd line

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
so far I find this :

During the raid, Athar speculates that he was two or three kilometers away from the shooting that took place

Athar reported that one of the copters he’d heard had crashed and that the aircraft were not Pakistani.

Athar further reported that traffic was shut down in some areas, and the army had cordoned off the helicopter crash site.

LINK:
mashable.com...

He's that far away but knows the chopper crashed, wasn't Pakistani and that the crash site was cordoned off. That was just one source. No mention of power outage in his area but I'll keep looking

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
part of the military future soldier program, is real time live data, such as helmet cams and optical radar mini maps.

just look at the silent hawk used in the raid. if it wasn't for the wreckage, no one would have even known about it.

and with reports that bin ladens daughter saw her dad getting arrest first, then taken to another room and executed, the white house has every reason to deny such footage exists.

i don't believe anything that comes out of their lying mouths. they won't even release the death photo, and al qaeda leaders are using this opportunity to keep bin ladens spirit alive by telling their supporters that's he's alive and this was a frustrated attempt by america to spread lies.

think about it. many al-qaeda operatives will still think he's alive and that any orders are coming directly from him. so it's like he's not really dead. he might as well still be alive, because without proof, these people will never believe anything coming from america.

and if al zawahiri, comes out that osama is not dead, is still in deep hiding and this is all american propaganda, al qaeda will be as strong as ever.

just like if you're american, and hitler said he killed roosevelt. and it's worse, because no one has seen video of him for years.

it's business as usual for al qaeda. this is a huge mistake on obama's part. proof of his death will cripple the spell osama has over his organization and demoralize al qaeda.

edit on 5-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Looks like you nailed it, Benevolent. The following Salon article says it all. A picture of the staff and Obama watching the raid caused everyone, i.e. media outlets, to assume it was of Obama watching the assassination live. Instead, just as the Head of the CIA claimed, it is of them watching a portion of the raid before the power went out for about 20 minutes or so. Therefore, they did not watch the raid. Therefore, the news media outlets were sensationalizing the story based off of one photo. LET'S HEAR IT FOR JOURNALISM!

Salon

The image, which now has nearly 2 million views on Flickr, has appeared on every major news website and turned up in countless newspapers and television broadcasts this week. But it’s also sparked questions (and spawned spoofs) worldwide. The most basic query: What is actually going on here?

To find out, let's start at the beginning, with the caption provided by the White House on its Flickr photostream (key phrase in bold):

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with members of the national security team, receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House

CIA director Leon Panetta has done his best to discourage them. He claims that there was a 20- to 25-minute blackout after the SEALs' initial "approach" to bin Laden’s compound, which would rule out the possibility of Obama's having seen the death of bin Laden on film at all, much less in this particular photo. Panetta’s exact words: "We had some observation of the approach there, but we did not have direct flow of information as to the actual conduct of the operation itself as they were going through the compound."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

My comment there was...show me where official sources ever said they watched it live.

Did anyone in an official statement ever say they watched in real time? Or was that an assumption on some reporter or writers' part?

5/2/11 - The day after Obama's Sunday night announcement.

8:05

To my memory somewhere in the vid they ask him futher questions on how they were able to montior it real time and he said no comment and everybody laughed, but I can't find the exact time.

edit on 5-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Ah. Thanks very much. This could be one source. The question was pretty broad and the answer was a general "we," which is a mighty big we if we include Panetta who was offsite and relaying, and various other commanders and team members, and "were able to monitor," which can include a vast array of methods. Was not specific to those in the room with the president. I would not interpret from this that it meant "the president and the people with him were watching it live as it happened" But I can see where some might interpret it differently.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yeah I agree, I'm not really sure if Brennan knew what the President and top military brass "watched" or what. But they definitely led the press and world on that they did see it as if they were watching it live overhead from a satellite, or from one of the Seals that wore an HD camera attached to his helmet. I guess we will never know for sure because now they won't even show us a simply picture for conformation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Thank you again. My feeling is that this administration has WAY too many spokespeople and people talking off the cuff, officially and unofficially for this to be anything other than a mess. Maybe they really should taken a cue from the Clinton-era administration as to how to handle official communications in a situation of this extreme nature...one spokesperson...whoever is best informed about the ENTIRE situation...be that the press secretary, someone from the DoD, someone from the state department, or what have you. This is all far too messy and far to confusing. If it's by design, well that's one thing, but if it's honestly the way they operate, wow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join