It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Battles - Ed Grimsley - Skywatch

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
Because I and others have said we do not think they are birds. Please explain.

While we're at it, could you explain exactly why you think they aren't birds?

The only reason to think they may not be is that the info I quoted above says they are saucer shaped - which we can't confirm from this footage.

For the information of anyone reading this who doesn't already know - birds or bats are very easy to spot using night vision as they are warm. They also do manoeuvre like the objects filmed in the footage (imagine birds flying around). However, they are not saucer shaped - if the objects really were.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Is the sound of the crowd in the footage is from time of the recording or from people watching the replay on monitor? Also would be nice if the recording set-up was shown. He mentioned he need to get DVR, so the footage was recorded on film?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Because I and others have said we do not think they are birds. Please explain.

While we're at it, could you explain exactly why you think they aren't birds?

The only reason to think they may not be is that the info I quoted above says they are saucer shaped - which we can't confirm from this footage.

For the information of anyone reading this who doesn't already know - birds or bats are very easy to spot using night vision as they are warm. They also do manoeuvre like the objects filmed in the footage (imagine birds flying around). However, they are not saucer shaped - if the objects really were.

The movements of these objects to me suggests they are not birds or bats.

There are only a few species of birds that are awake at night, and most of them are owls. I am happy to say that these objects are not owls again because of the speed and manoeuvrability. These objects on the footage are too large to be bats but again, because of the manoeuvrability, I don't think they are bats.

Finally, I believe Ed Grimsley would know if he filmed birds and bats.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

There is no way of knowing how large the objects are from the footage. How do you know their size? The could even be moths...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Dastardly666

There is no way of knowing how large the objects are from the footage. How do you know their size? The could even be moths...

In my opinion, these are not bats or birds. I have already explained my reasons.

Can you tell me why you believe they are bats or birds?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If one has patience and a keen eye, this sort of thing can be seen on pretty much any night.

Once it has been seen, there is no need to rely on video clips.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

These objects on the footage are too large to be bats but again, because of the manoeuvrability, I don't think they are bats.

Pray tell..how big are these objects?

Exactly what distance from the camera are they?

and how can you tell?

Frankly, this could be a few hundred feet up batsized, or a million miles away starships...point is, how can you see a point of light from a video and know how big or small its actual size it when there is no comparison size

hell, how do you know they aren't stars zipping around?

The statement you made about size is flawed..these things move similar to bats, the straight lines they do you can see "blipping" effects, which could be wings flapping..

I want it to be something cool, but unless more evidence showing they aren't birds or bats comes about, then I think we gotta think of the more rational answers to begin with.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This video is 100% consistent with birds and bats.

There's a video on YT that even filmed a loose V formation, which were clearly migrating birds. Unless they were alien geese.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by healthysceptic

There's a video on YT that even filmed a loose V formation, which were clearly migrating birds. Unless they were alien geese.

sorry i don't know how to embed videos,here are the links:

I hope you're not saying these are birds
www.youtube.com...

Those are
www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-5-2011 by upnorthtrip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You know when i was in the Army I used plenty of night vision equipment, although to be fair it was in its early stages, but the one thing I do know for SURE is night vision does NOT create light, it only enhances light. Bats and Birds do not glow in night vision, they only glow in Infra Red which detects heat sources.

The only way a bird would "Glow" like this in night vision is if it was white or very light coloured and reflecting some dim lighting.

Also note the people there discussing the sighting are complaining the night vision does not pick up the bright colours from the object (which is right, night vision does not pick up colours) so do birds glow multi colours at night?

The main issue with this video is there is no corroborating evidence, to fully accept it we need the names of witnesses there, written testimony, and it would of been nice if we had video taken from a normal camera

But it is NOT birds or bats

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You're doing a great job of proving these are UFOs. but stars zipping around? Ok, I do see two possible shooting stars there, you have an okay time seeing the spontaneous direction changes, and halts in mid air with near 180 degree change of movement on those other objects? The ones that aren't stars?

I agree with you on not knowing actual distance and sizes due to lack of depth of field, but if you can show me any other video with a bird, bat, or insect perform a steady deceleration to stop, then move opposite direction with steady acceleration like seen here, that would compare. This is a bat under IR. As you can see, it's much different than the OP's video, and not certain on this here but I don't think bats emit very much light, and there's not going to be enough lunar illumination to help light it up since around May 2nd it's a new moon, and the area seems to be under low light pollution effects so that's good for NV viewing also. Commentary seems to be live(?), that further helps, but the picture is as clear as we're going to get it. It seems pretty cool to me.

Take care.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yea, I'm not buying it (pun intended) and this is one of the main reasons why.

Coincidentally, Grimsley makes money selling night vision goggles through which UFO buffs can view these exciting Star Wars-type space battles. He offers models ranging from $1,800 to $3,200; if this is a bit too pricey for you, he offers a DVD of the UFOs for $24.95 including shipping. You can join his Skywatch UFO vigils for $40 per person.

Cut the foreplay, lets see some laser battles or hes full of it. Either way I'm not buying any pricey night vision goggles or DVDs from him so he has nothing to lose from me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by TrixXxtaR

It might be worth an ATS member in the area interviewing the witnesses to see how they could see, "saucers."

I will email Ed Grimsley via his website requesting more information. I’m sure he would be more than happy to give his own account on what he and his fellow Skywatchers witnessed that night.

Watch this space

Birds through Night Vision Optics

Below is an example of Birds caught through NVG's.

Notice the way they fly in formation & break apart. They do not appear as a complete circular or saucer like object and perform no sudden movements.

I'd definitely say whatever Ed Grimsley caught on camera is an anomaly, there's no way a bird can move like that. G-Force still applies to birds after all...

Originally posted by TinkererJim

Is the sound of the crowd in the footage is from time of the recording or from people watching the replay on monitor? Also would be nice if the recording set-up was shown. He mentioned he need to get DVR, so the footage was recorded on film?

They are viewing it on a TV and recording that viewing. The reason for this is that the equipment used to capture the NV video cannot be easily plugged into a standard computer. I believe Ed is looking into investing in some equipment to get around this. The audio is the reaction of them watching it back through the TV.

Originally posted by healthysceptic

It is not 100% consistent at all.

Originally posted by RSF77
Cut the foreplay, lets see some laser battles or hes full of it. Either way I'm not buying any pricey night vision goggles or DVDs from him so he has nothing to lose from me.

He only started to sell the NV Equipment after his first alleged sighting using his own NVG's.

I’m hoping that once Mr Grimsley gets hold of some equipment to produce the RAW Footage from these we will have more answers to our questions.
edit on 6/5/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Spelling Corrections.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The video should be called "Battle of the dots"

I see some beautiful dots flying around, they're gorgeous.
These dotty ufos are probably operated by pixel-shaped aliens.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not really keen on passing judgment on videos that are filmed purely in night vision as the objects captured could be absolutely anything such as bugs, airplanes or other simply explainable heat sources. I have no idea why we aren't just getting the original video recorded either as oppose to a bunch of screaming men sitting round a TV. On the face of things it looks impressive however, I wouldn't necessarily say they are UFO's or alien aircraft for the simple fact the video can be debunked so easily.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Heres the issues

First, birds look really cool in night vision:
As far as the hovering one, I cannot locate any hovering footage of birds or bats.

I came across a old C2C of george talking to ed..
Ed brings people to a specific place and has them look in a specific area to see the "battles" nightly. now, given the earth is continously moving both rotation and revolution, why then are these battles in a specific part of the sky any time of night...

to me, it sounds like he is viewing an area that has a batcave nearby.

I would like to think that this is proof of something beyond batman's lair, however, I am simply not convinced...why that particular area? why all night (shouldn't the area change depending on the time of night...from horizon to overhead, to other horizon as the night progresses..

I will see if I can dig up the claim he makes on how you can see it by looking in a specific direction at a specific point regardless of time of night

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by Sek82

Heres the issues

As far as the hovering one, I cannot locate any hovering footage of birds or bats.

Some bats and birds do hover.

But they are still not bats and birds.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: insert something else

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Sek82

Heres the issues

Yes, I know...I was seeking specific footage of bats being watched in night vision that also hovered and moved in a similar pattern while being up high enough..I didn't find any
I know birds hover...they do this alot, especially over food sources around water.

I still am not sure why you can catagorically dismiss these things being bats or birds high up. keep in mind, this guy is using binoculars with night vision, so wing flapping wouldn't be noticable so high up with night vision

Lets put it another way.

Lets say you had the opportunity to present one piece of evidence to the entire world...a whole world audience tuning in to watch you present one piece of evidence of UFOs....would you use this footage as your undeniable proof? If you are convinced, why wouldn't you?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Sek82

Heres the issues

I still am not sure why you can catagorically dismiss these things being bats or birds high up. keep in mind, this guy is using binoculars with night vision, so wing flapping wouldn't be noticable so high up with night vision

Bats and birds mainly hover when they are feeding or hunting for food. Bearing in mind the only birds that are usually awake and feed at night are owls. Bats and owls (maybe apart from snowy owls) do not fly high to hunt for food or prey. And again, the speed and manoeuvrability of these objects do not appear to be bats or birds.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Aye, it's not going to be easy to find footage to replicate what we have here - You can see I tried to locate something that could compare, but actual examples that can be easily found on the net are laughably incomparable to this. So far videos posted here have been an obvious bird V formation, obvious bat flapping around like bats do down low, even a "That is 100% birds, for sure" comment.

In my opinion we aren't seeing birds, bats, or insects. But I will certainly not tell you that I think it's this or that, because I also have no clue what it actually is. I can only hope to explain why I don't think they are these mundane animals, based not just on my opinion but many hours of viewing a night vision/thermal imaging enhanced terrain/sky in various seasons, and weather conditions. I have witnessed some crazy bat feeding on insect frenzies that would go on for hours, for example...

Lets just agree they are unidentified flying objects - This is my conclusion for now.

I would like to see future footage from this guy. I am not going to discount his claims or his footage based solely on the fact he happens to also sell night vision equipment, that should further bolster his case if you will.
By the way, I never took the "Battle" part of this claim seriously, I don't think it was meant in a literal way.

Take care for now.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join