It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Battles - Ed Grimsley - Skywatch

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Search Performed Before Posting. "Ed Grimsley UFO". No Duplicate Thread Found.

The Original Article - UFO Battles?

A San Diego-based UFO researcher named Ed Grimsley captured what one writer called "multiple unidentified flying objects" that were "saucer-shaped [and] appeared to hover in the sky and change direction before moving out of sight."

The video was taken April 30 with Grimsley's organization, Skywatch.

I'm not aware of whether or not Ed Grimsley is a reliable source, however this footage defiantly makes for interesting viewing.

Let's hear your opinions.

edit on 5/5/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Link Correction.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrixXxtaR

Seems like MSNBC blatently downplayed that piece of footage... But it looks very legit. Good night vision quality, and some interesting interactions.

Sure beats the wooo girl from the jerusalem hoax
even if just lights in a sky.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Interesting footage, good find.

No idea what it is, but I am sure it is NOT Chinese lanterns, satellites or stars, some of the shooting ones that zip across the screen could be meteors but the rest are def UFO in that they are unidentified flying objects, what are they? Now that is the big question

Could be fake footage but I doubt it

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The flight characteristics of those lights don't match any aircraft with which I am familiar, then again I don't work at Area 51.

And I wouldn't discount the footage just because the guy sells night vision goggles; I would call it a product demonstration. Wish I could afford a pair.

Any idea where the video was taken?

One last thing; MSNBC reporters couldn't find their ass with both hands. I wouldn't give them very much credibility in any case.

S&F for you.

edit on 5/5/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/5/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
fantastic footage great find. they must have been travelling at least 10 miles a second
and they change direction AND reverse!
the best ufo footage ive seen in a long time
i just hope it doesnt turn out to be fake
s&f from me

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Best footage i've seen in a while! S+F

The only thing that confuses me is how the brightest ufo stays in the exact same place on the sceen. Its like the camera guy knows exactly where it is going to go

Is this just because of the editing of the clip?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
here is some more info..

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Great footage.

Certainly is not Venus and Mercury playing together!

And doubt these objects are man-made only because of speed and manoeuvrability.

I'm not saying this is aliens having fun but I would not disregard the idea.

S+F to OP.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
Best footage i've seen in a while! S+F

The only thing that confuses me is how the brightest ufo stays in the exact same place on the sceen.

My guess is that white spot is just dust on the lens ...

Interesting footage .. not too unlike whats in NASAs smoking gun ..... but im just not seeing a war .. perhaps my untrained eye .
Im assuming that green swishy light that appears momentarily, is a laser pen someone is using to try point to the screen .. just as that others guys finger keeps pointing at same time ?

Thanks for post ...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatAreSpinkters

Night vision should ring alarm bells
, what happens with night vision, oh i wont say it.. Sorry but this chicken isnt doing a dance

Wal

Sorry whataresprinklers didnt mean to quote you mate, clicked the wrong reply
edit on 5-5-2011 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
UFO battles captured on video? Not likely, expert says
Night-vision view shows weird moving objects ... which may be birds or bats

"Night-vision optics trade low resolution for high sensitivity, and bright objects spill out into a circle of light that in no way reflects their actual angular size. So what looks like a large object may well just be a point of light," Sheaffer said. "Many of the objects they're seeing are birds or bats, or faint satellites in earth orbit. There's nothing in the sky that a night vision device can see that a person can't see with 10 x 50 binoculars — and with much better detail. So their belief that they're seeing entire fleets of UFOs up in the sky simply means that they don't understand how these devices work, and what they're seeing."

More
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Seems like MSNBC blatently downplayed that piece of footage... But it looks very legit. Good night vision quality, and some interesting interactions.

Its speed and movements are indeed interesting, sadly anything UFO related that is a light in the sky will always be downplayed by the media.

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
No idea what it is, but I am sure it is NOT Chinese lanterns, satellites or stars, some of the shooting ones that zip across the screen could be meteors but the rest are def UFO in that they are unidentified flying objects, what are they?

I agree with you on that. I have Chinese lanterns going over my house weekly, none of which move like this..

Originally posted by OldCorp
And I wouldn't discount the footage just because the guy sells night vision goggles; I would call it a product demonstration. Wish I could afford a pair.

Any idea where the video was taken?

True. He only sells Night Vision equipment since seeing such phenomena on a daily basis and wishes to encourage others to use it.

I believe most of his footage is taken from his back garden, though he has various locations he films from.

Ed Grimsley Website

reply to post by Pauligirl

Why have you posted the very article we are all discussing, without your own opinion on the matter?

I understand you may be trying to point out what it says in the article but I’m sure if people are interested they will read it all.

Thanks for your contribution?

Edit:
The comment regarding Night Vision Optics is a general realisation and has not be proven to be the cause of this alleged UFO sighting.
edit on 5/5/11 by TrixXxtaR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have always liked watching Ed Grimsley's night vision UFO's. He has been recording them for a while now and is the source for many of the interesting videos you may see including night vision scenes and apparent UFOs.

After watching them and studying what they may be, it seems most likely they aer, indeed, some type of flying animal, native to Earth. There are definitely some videos he has that make you wonder, but everything I have seen in most of his videos can easily be explained by them being videos of Birds or other flightful creatures.

Thanks for sharing the video.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I cant accept the bird or bat theory for this I am afraid, mainly because the people talking in the video are discussing the objects in the sky, complaining that the night vision screen is not showing the bright colours, that cant be a bird or bat.

I could of course still be faked, but it does not seem faked to me

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ed Grimsley isn't the first to capture hours of night vision video footage. The James Gilliland Ranch (ECETI), located in Trout Lake, WA is a purported UFO hotspot, multiple sightings per week. James invites anyone to join in and witness for themselves..for a nominal fee of course

There have been very credible witnesses over the years that have visited this place and had their very own "close encounter". Dr. Stephen Greer immediately comes to mind.

My point is...I wouldn't be so quick to write this one off.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Agreed with the majority above - Have spent many hours looking through various NV equipment ranging from AN/PVS-14s to the LRAS3. Have seen all sorts of flying critters (insects, bats hunting them, hundreds of shooting stars that are otherwise unseen), but nothing like what this guy captured, it's rare activity.

Every piece of NV equipment is unique, most have their own unique artifacts 'seared in' that you have to deal with, some are miniscule, others somewhat more pronounced... This particular piece of of equipment seems to have a small bright spot or two that can be confused as additional UFOs.

There are plenty of birds in night vision videos on YouTube, and most of those are much more mundane than this footage... Alas, some people will liken what they see to what they can relate to: "Bats! Birds!"

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If only that footage were not night vision...

According to the YouTube info:-

Ed Grimsley's San Diego Skywatch does it again. We captured several ufos on April 30 2011. Here's two flying by each other, I was only able to capture the last 1/3 of them flying through the sky. They were saucer shaped and we'll be remastering a video with enhanced imagery to bring out some of the details. If anyone had any comments, suggestions on how to do this better, please let us know. Our next investment is a DVR system so we don't have to film the TV. Any DVR suggestions?

Now if it turns out that they look saucer shaped - assuming the enhanced images appear - then it isn't birds or bats. Otherwise the footage is pretty worthless.

It might be worth an ATS member in the area interviewing the witnesses to see how they could see, "saucers."

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I want to see the galactica, however, I understand I am probably just viewing some birds.

Since it could be birds, then it should be taken to be just birds unless there is something compelling to show differently.

If you are going to state that they cannot be birds or bats due to whatever..please list your credentials to show your expertise in the area...I can make up my own crap as to why it can or can't be something based on my desire for it to be so moreso than actual working knowledge of the area.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think old Ed had a little too much Mary Jane when he came up with the UFO battles thing

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I want to see the galactica, however, I understand I am probably just viewing some birds.

Since it could be birds, then it should be taken to be just birds unless there is something compelling to show differently.

If you are going to state that they cannot be birds or bats due to whatever..please list your credentials to show your expertise in the area...I can make up my own crap as to why it can or can't be something based on my desire for it to be so moreso than actual working knowledge of the area.

I'm confused.

You said your'e probably viewing some birds, meaning your'e not sure.

But you then said since it could be birds, we should just accept they are birds unless something compelling shows differently.

Because I and others have said we do not think they are birds. Please explain.

edit on 5-5-2011 by Dastardly666 because: typo

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join