It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Battles - Ed Grimsley - Skywatch

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Lets just agree they are unidentified flying objects - This is my conclusion for now.

I will settle out of court on that for now
who knows, could be space bugs

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

The v-formation in #2. isn't loose at all it's a solid object my friend!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
He is another dangerous UFO nut that shines high powered Laser Pointers at air craft. And they might be our exotic black programs and they might not. The point is it is illegal to shine these lasers air craft potentially blinding a pilot. Be it a human or alien from planet Zubuntu! What do these people hope to accomplish with lasers? Well apparently it does nothing but provide accommodation for the hoooooing and aaahhhhhhhhs. Maybe the craft will fire back someday and teach these loons a lesson

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

He's pointing the laser pen at a SCREEN they are watching the footage on my friend !

Peace

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666

Originally posted by Pimander
reply to post by Dastardly666

There is no way of knowing how large the objects are from the footage. How do you know their size? The could even be moths...

In my opinion, these are not bats or birds. I have already explained my reasons.

Can you tell me why you believe they are bats or birds?

They look exactly how birds/bats do on night vision is why!

There is nothing to indicate they are anything other than bats/birds apart from the claim they are saucer shaped. Do they look saucer shaped to you? No - they don't do they!?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm definitely going to have to write this one off.

Considering that this is a night-vision camera and that the moving objects resemble the flight patterns of common animals and insects, I'm almost certain that he intentionally calibrated it to become as sensitive as possible. Many YouTube™ based UFO hunters do pretty much the same, and they do it knowingly.

The fact that many of these guys charge a fee to ride along with them and watch this stuff for hours is incredibly suspect by itself.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Did everyone ignore the post by the guy who correctly stated night vision doesn't include infra-red. Night vision doesn't pick up body heat.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
Did everyone ignore the post by the guy who correctly stated night vision doesn't include infra-red. Night vision doesn't pick up body heat.

What do you mean?

Heat of any kind has absolutely nothing to do with night vision's sensitivity to small objects like birds or animals. It will pick them up just the same since it uses light amplification. If it couldn't, it would be an utterly useless tool.

You don't need infrared to see them. If you increase sensitivity enough you would be surprised at what you can see. Small insects even show up.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
More Night Vision Videos

Here are some more night vision videos to give you examples of how satellites, animals & insects look.

Identified

Identified

Identified

Unidentified

Identified

Identified

I’m still not buying the bat/bird theory. They move far too sophisticated for my liking. A bat can’t even fly in a straight line...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrixXxtaR
I’m still not buying the bat/bird theory. They move far too sophisticated for my liking. A bat can’t even fly in a straight line...

If something curves away from you it appears to move in a straight line.

What do you mean by "too sophisticated?"

The main point I'm making about birds/bats is that seems the most likely explanation. If they look saucer shaped where is the evidence.

Surely they would have publicised evidence that important by now? This would be headline news. The fact that they haven't done that speaks volumes.

P.S. Some of the links aren't working BTW.
edit on 13/5/11 by Pimander because: P.S.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Cool! I am ex-Air Force and also knew some folks that worked at Area 51 but I did not.

This sighting is extremely similar to a sighting I had in 1995 or so that is an old sighting I registered with MUFON. It was seen by myself and 12 other family member at a cookout in Oklahoma.

ATS actually got some great footage of similar UFO activity a year or two ago doing a field investigation. THat video should still be up on the website somewhere.

You sometimes hear people saying "these things were flying all over the sky" and you instantly default to the common mindset of "these people don't even know the basics of astronomy. They don't know what they're talking about."

But once in a blue moon I see some amazing video that proves that what I saw was real and that we weren't all nuts or suffering some from kind of mass delusion.

What I saw was so similar, I'm wondering if what we saw wasn't the exact same thing (only different date).

Physics would tell you that satellites do only a couple different things in the night sky. They either sit still (geostationary) or they move in a single direction and do not change their speed.

What my family and I saw were dozens of objects right above our heads in the twilight sky in 1995, changing direction, speed, and occasionaly merging into a larger object. Occasionally, they would also break off into multiple objects. Sometimes, two, three, or four.

On two different occasions we would see an object instantly appear, seemingly out of thin air (like a star popping out of nowhere). Then, the thing would start moving in circles or split into multiple objects. Extremely bizarre.

It's not like UFO sightings from fighter pilots, police officers, and all other walks of life are uncommon anyway.

I like the video!

It's also totally evident that the guy likes the blonde in the video..

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think the ATS video I was was one of the old "Gilliland Ranch" videos from when ATS videos was just getting started.

Here is Video 1 with Johny Anonymous explaining what he saw..

video.abovetopsecret.com...

After the video was posted up, alot of other ATS members posted up their threads involving similar sightings they had... Star-like objects moving, changing trajectory and speed as if under intelligent control. Some people do occasionaly post up videos that are clearly Satellites or aircraft at high altitude. Lots of people did after the Gilliland Ranch videos.

But it is pretty clear to me that this kind of UFO activity is very real and is seen annually by thousands of people. Lots of times people probably either don't know what they're looking at and ignore it or they simply don't even look up anymore. Too many people staring at their phones.

The phenomenon is very real, IMO, and one of the more well-documented "elements" of the UFO mystery.

Keep looking up!

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

The centre dot is just that, an aiming point for the camera, bit like a laser sight on your rifle. Interesting vid though.
Only thing I cannot understand is if a UFO is flying a covert/combat/whatever type mission, why are they always have lights on??

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Only it is blatantly obvious what is a high altitude aircraft and what isn't under cover of darkness...... Hence, it doesn't matter.

Why? Aircraft have blinking lights that are visible from the ground even at high altitudes. Military aircraft use them as well. If they don't, big deal. You simply won't visibly see the aircraft or the lights. In fact, you won't see anything at all. You MIGHT be able to hear it but that's it.

The blinking of aircraft lights is 10x more obvious in Infrared than it is in the visible spectrum. (see Johny's video for an example).

These objects in the OP's video are blatantly and obviously not aircraft.

Why?

1) They are visible from the ground.. They are reflecting light from orbit, hence the brightness of the objects in the visible and infrared spectrums. Occasionally you can see satellites slowly disappear in the night sky. This is the satellite traveling into the earth's shadow. Occasionally, you can see satellites slowly get extremely bright. This is the satellite reflecting light back to your position on the ground and it depends on the angle of the sun relative to the object and you. I would imagine similar things would happen with other reflective objects (perhaps a UFO).

HOWEVER, satellites do not change trajectory, they do not change speed, they do not act as if under autonomous or intelligent control. Hence, the importance and validity of the OP's video.

2) The objects in the OP's video are traveling way too fast to be aircraft. They do not blink like an aircraft does, they do not travel in straight lines like most high-altitude airliners or jets do. These objects in the video are displaying intelligent control and they appear to have a level of maneuverability our aircraft simply do not possess. Also, when it is pitch dark outside, aircraft don't just instantly become visible to the naked eye. One might argue that the sun could illuminate a high altitude jet after the sun has already set but that doesn't happen very long and it would be obvious you're looking at an aircraft anyway because of the contrail that would likely remain and be bright orange or red. There are many examples of this on ATS and elsewhere.

An aircraft does not fly in a star-lit sky, nearly directly over your head,and instantly become as bright as a star or satellite.

That is how Johny Anonymous knows it is not an airplane. He explains this in Video #1 from Gilliland Ranch and goes into more detail in the subsequent videos.

-ChriS

<< 1  2   >>

join