It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA video with Magnified solar systems inside "bubbles" as visualization of "heliosphere"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
in a youtube video i have just found the artistic image interpretation for lens shape bubbles with Magnified solar systems orbiting an enlarged looking sun.

im not sure if the depiction is artistic licence or the model that is being Discussed as the scientific findings that surprised the observers.

i have a model that releys on the heliosphere being a lense shaped bubble for optical purposes and the magnification of objects at a distence, through lens interaction with the bubble to change perceived size and brightness.

if these "astrospheres" are also lenses inside lensing material ie the galaxy density and gravity, then we are looking at the universe through a optically sliding lense telescope at objects, that are images of objects Magnified on the suface reflective layer of a bubble.

XPLodER

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Say what.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Love this thread and the ideas it puts forward!
I had never really thought of the heliosphere acting as a "lense".

Although I have often been curious how residing within our heliosphere would effect our perception of outside of it.
I often feel if we had our satellites out past the heliosphere doing these tests, we would get some very interesting data that would more than likely rewrite some science books.

s/f for the good find, hopefully I was have some more input after I think on this!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I have seen you present this theory a few times over my years here at ATS. I think mostly in the last year or so, actually.

Regardless, it is a theory that I find totally plausible. Just so you know, a non educated person believes you have a good idea based on sound logic.
For whatever that is worth.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
great video thnx for the post S&F! love these space exploration videos

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by XPLodER

I have seen you present this theory a few times over my years here at ATS. I think mostly in the last year or so, actually.

Regardless, it is a theory that I find totally plausible. Just so you know, a non educated person believes you have a good idea based on sound logic.
For whatever that is worth.

here is my thread about magnification of images onto the "bubble" surface
gravitational microscoping ats thread

here is my the universe is full of lens shaped bubbles thread
bubble shaped lenses

that you for your support

i am still not sure if the models i use are correct but the universe is full of bubbles which is a start lol

it means alot that you can see the logic of what i am trying to get accross

xploder

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

i am acually a little obsesed with this topic as it really interests me and if distence is put into question when talking about light from stars we might be closer to our neighbours than we realize

"objects in the mirror may appair further away than they are" lol

if we are looking through lenses at lenses how can we be sure of distences?

lol

xploder

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

This is mind tingling and something I will be looking into and wrapping my mind around for a few days to post a better, more thought out reply too.

There is so much we don't know and so much we are so close to knowing, this is just fascinating and utterly mind provoking! Great post.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's amazing!!
Is it true?
I can't imagine that machines can fly so far!
How is it?
Happy.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just imagine to find "The World Is ROUND."

Amazing epiphany, wouldn't you say? I think we have been here before...LMAO!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Not BUBBLES XPLODER, QUANTUM FOAM which resembles BUBBLES.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I like this idea because if it was true it could mean we are closer to our Stellar neighbours than we think.Which i think is a good thing for space-exploration.

I agree XploDer and Concur but could this lensing also mean that the objects could be farther as well i'm still trying to wrap my head around the Idea.

I still am unsure as to what you think creates the lens isn't the Heliosphere just the solar wind and particles from the sun reacting with the inter-stellar Gases?

For the first ten billion kilometres of its radius, the solar wind travels at over a million kilometers per hour.[3][4] As it begins to drop out with the interstellar medium, it slows down before finally ceasing altogether. The point where the solar wind slows down is the termination shock; the point where the interstellar medium and solar wind pressures balance is called the heliopause; the point where the interstellar medium, traveling in the opposite direction, slows down as it collides with the heliosphere is the bow shock.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/586f88b5099e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

the idea is that there is different medium densities to different layers of the heliospherical lense
the primary optical effect is the difference between the speed of travel of light in different mediums
refractive indexes are different in different mediums.
the solar system is inside a thinner medium than the extra helio medium and at the helioshock boundary the solar wind slows from aprrox 1000000 km/h to sub sonic speeds.

the seconary effect is the solar systems gravity, and its effect of light.
gravity can "bend" the course of travel of light and depending on the density/gravity light is traveling through different lensing effects can be achived.

the thrird effect is that our "bubble" is blown into a galaxy medium that is also in a lense shaped bubble and also Surrounded by a different medium density, this means our star lens is inside the galaxy lens, and the two different lenses interacte with each other to form a telescoping or microscoping effect.
a lenset that would focally interact with other star bubbles to warp our veiw of the universe

the boundry at the helioshock reflects high energy light away from our system, so what is the cost of transition into the bubble?
does it cost any energy to transition the boundry?
does the boundry "modulate" the light that enerters our bubble?

xploder

edit on 4-5-2011 by XPLodER because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Just curious as to how Gaseous heliosphere creates a bubble that "lenses" this part doesn't make sense to me!
Can you explain in detail if possible !

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

optically when light travels through a medium (gas) the gas has a refractive index and light is refracted by the gas inside our heliospherical bubble. when light leaves our bubble it is required to then travel in a new medium density (outside the bubble), this gas has a different refractive index and so light is refracted at a different rate.

at approximatly the same distence as the bubble surface the solar wind slows from 1000000 km/h down to sub sonic speeds, this creates a "hump" for light to transition through.

the difference in density and medium between the layers of the bubble (helioshock) heliopause (in between the helio sphere and bow shock) and the bowshock (like a boat plowing through water).

each boundry has a different density and refractive index as well as being slightly magnitized.
when we add relitivistic gravity into the equation we get a series of lenses that are also effected by gravity.

an anology would be to suspend a magnifying glass in a liquid, the magnification power changes because water has a higher refractivity than air and so the effect of magnification is increased.

our helio bubble is suspended in a denser gas medium (the galaxy medium density) like the magnifying glass in water the lense is the bubble in a denser medium.

so the first effect is optically the shape of our helio sphere
secondly the transition through the bubble layer
thirdly the refractivity of the medium our "bubble" is in
fourthly the relitivistic gravity in the local system

here is a digram with the different densities in different colours

here is conformation of the "bubble" nature of the helioshock

here is a random "space bubble" notice the red and blue layers

and on a larger scale the cluster medium is providing a denser medium for the galaxies to be lenses.

the way lenses work is by having different mediums for light to transverse through
so in these cases its like having a small magnifying glass embeded in a much larger magnifying glass

XPLodER

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

The heliosheath is a very strange place, filled with a magnetic froth no spacecraft has ever encountered before, echoing with low-frequency radio bursts heard only in the outer reaches of the solar system, so far from home that the sun is a mere pinprick of light.

"In many ways, the heliosheath is not like our models predicted," says Stone.

No one knows exactly how many more miles the Voyagers must travel before they "pop free" into interstellar space. Most researchers believe, however, that the end is near. "The heliosheath is 3 to 4 billion miles in thickness," estimates Stone. "That means we'll be out within five years or so."

nasa link HERE

nasa video explination of basics
video link HERE

xploder

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

So does this mean all observations from telescopes on Earth would see this phenomenon as well? And have to Adjust their measurements and/or Data determining distances since our Atmosphere should have the same effect!
edit on 5-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

there is a much more interesting element to concider
the lensets helio and galactic are factored against each other and so three possible effects are encountered
inside the solar system a small error would occour the furhter away from earth our orbiting satalites get (solar)
between solar bubbles the effect would factor each solar lense directly (inter solar)
and if we are looking at a galaxy our lenset factors together focally with the galaxy we are observing (image artifact on the galactic bubble) of the galaxy we were observing.

when we look at stars inside another galaxy we are looking through a lenset at a lenset.
both stars could be moving closer relitive to each other while the two galaxies move appart from each other.

this senario would create a sliding lenset relitive to the observer and the observed star in the observed galaxy, and the optical effects of sliding lensets can give strange images.

i think when we align our telescopes we use a planet or moon in our solar system to gauge acuracy.
if we observered something outside our solsr system in this way errors can be compounded to change the relitive perceived distence to an object.

so depending on what you are looking at would depend on the lensing effects encountered

xploder

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If we are looking out from inside an inverted Fram Drag bubble into a facing us Fram Drag bubble then would the two " lenses " not cross each other out ?

Fram drag seems to work well when looking behind an object facing us , but at present it doesn't seem to pramote amplification .

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

i have recently written a thread about bubble gravity
and it covers the gravity probe B findings about frame dragging
ATS bubble gravity

xp

top topics

join