It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The biggest story in the market is the currency crash right now occuring in the US"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Okay, I see your point now. Because he's dead and he was the big distraction for the currency crash occurring now in the US. Well, let's hope you're wrong because I'm a person in this world, married, raising children and looking forward to summer up north at the lake and want my kids to have a great childhood. Please, let this not happen.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Okay, I see your point now. Because he's dead and he was the big distraction for the currency crash occurring now in the US. Well, let's hope you're wrong because I'm a person in this world, married, raising children and looking forward to summer up north at the lake and want my kids to have a great childhood. Please, let this not happen.

I agree with you totally. I'm married, about to get a job soon, wife wants to start having kids. We want to save up to move to NZ, if this crap really does go down then, all my plans are screwed. With the rising price of gas and food it does worry me a bit. Now the flooding of farms in the midwest, i worry what food prices will be next year. Hopefully i am way wrong.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Ummm....its not nice thinking that your life is going to be utterly changed forever, that your plans will crumble into dust...

But you should prepare for a currency collapse - I think it is going to happen soon.

Get extra food, water, firearms - and even precious metals (if you can afford it). At worst, you won't need these - but hey, you won't have to go grocery shopping for awhile (and you will have some nice camping equipment)

Take a look at survival section people....your going to need those skills soon in my opinion.

If the currrency is crashing right now in the US, as your thread title suggests, then why is it that no one else knows this? I mean besides people here on ATS. And to be honest, everything is the same for me in my life...paychecks still coming in, still buying groceries, gas and beer. If this is happening NOW, then why is everyone going on about their daily life?

Well, the government is working hard hiding this fact. The economy really collapsed in 2008 - but hey, spend a couple trillion dollars to hide the fact. When this hits, its going to go very fast.
edit on 4-5-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is a great video. I love how he gives us a timeline to look for the end of June. Bernanke will be ending quantitative easing, meaning he will be buying less U.S debt, meanwhile the dollar is already falling quickly and with no one to pick up the excess supply of the U.S bonds coming into the market at that point in time (Japan can't buy anymore because of it's Tri-saster, and China is slowing down it's treasury purchases) we could see a sharp decline in bond prices and with them interest in holding dollars long term; as people and countries become nervous and start to unload their dollars.

This is another video i watched that also pointed towards the same timeline.

Youtube Video

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Yeah, 2008 wasn't a fun year for many people. But yet, here we are, still here and surviving and that was supposed to be the low. So everything after... all this has just been a smokescreen, make believe, fake? And from then until now has just been the culmination to something bad, we're in the interim, so-to-speak?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Plus for the first time in a long time, the us dollar has fallen behind the Australian and Canadian dollar. If it gets real bad here, i will try to be one of the first fugees in canada..

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I wish the federal reserve note would crash tomorrow then TPTB would be holding a bunch of toilet paper.....

So would you

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yeah, 2008 wasn't a fun year for many people. But yet, here we are, still here and surviving and that was supposed to be the low. So everything after... all this has just been a smokescreen, make believe, fake? And from then until now has just been the culmination to something bad, we're in the interim, so-to-speak?

Exactly, this time since 2008 was a complete smokescreen. This quantitative easing is just a band-aid solution....but as the video suggests - this illusion is starting to fail (and the FED is losing its ability to manipulate the market)

So what I am saying is, if you have extra cash - you should start buying more food, more water - some preps IF the currency collapses.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A nature survival booklet as well... just in case. I bought one years ago when i was living in San Francisco... Its bigger than the bible. I didn't know why i wanted it, i just did. Now, i'm glad i did.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I also live in an urban area - but I do have plans of GTFO as soon as things start getting too crazy. I have been researching this stuff for several years, have preps ready. Will I really be ready? Who knows, but I do know I will be better off then most people who have sat back for years, and let the government take care of them.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I live in Reno.

But in ten minutes I can be in the mountains and far away from any real trouble. And I can disappear as well.

I have no worries about that sort of thing. What I worry about is family who are not as capable as I am to disappear into the Nevada desert or the mountains of the Sierra's and be able to live, not just survive.
edit on 4-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I have the same problem. Me and my wife are living with her grandmother who has had cancer for 7 years, and if worse comes to worse.. me and my wife would have to just Leave everyone behind. I'm not sure i think it will get that bad, but then again, you never know.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Might not be nice for you, but I for one have been waiting for Rome to fall.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It will only get that bad if the shelves go empty and the power goes out.

I wouldn't worry about that too much right now.

First thing is first. BUY FOOD.

As much as you can. And if you can do it. BUY RIFLES.

My mother lives in Vegas. I wouldn't be able to get to her anyway.

But the point is, there would likely be others who would depend on me.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If i could, guns would be first on my list, but I'm living in a very anti gun city... So instead, a compound bow is what i will get. If i still lived back home i would just have my uncles to go to and arm up, They all have loads of guns.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

And that's why i don't live in anti-self defense states or cities.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A Corporate U.S. Economy and a Working Poor Economy

400 U.S. billionaires

8mil. U.S. millionaires 1.5% of the total population, up from 6mil. in 2008
U.S. corporate profits are up 62% to a historical record high
(from slimming down U.S. payrolls and foreign consumer sales)

high wage jobs created $19 to $33 an hour 14% of all new jobs (terrible)
mid wage jobs created $14 to $18 an hour 37%
low wage jobs created $9 to $13 an hour 49% (terrible)
1mil. McDonald's applicants (terrible)
"underutilized" unemployed 16% of all workers or 1 in 6 out of work (terrible)

Walmart U.S. doing poorly, Walmart International doing well
new home sales at a 9 year low (terrible)
the value of the U.S. consumer dollar in the eyes of world trade has collapsed

read more about this by searching for Robert Reich on 2 U.S. economies

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Well if i could afford to i would move to Vermont. A state where you need no licenses to open or close carry. Despite being a very liberal state, they also seem to have the most laid back gun laws of any state. Constitutional Carry is what they call it i think. and i live very close.

edit on 4-5-2011 by dwmjr1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm a desert rat. If I could move anywhere it would be AZ. They believe in Constitutional Carry as well.

Alaska is also another Constitutional Carry state.

I'm ok with the Nevada laws though. You can pretty much own any weapon here. You can open carry, and you need a permit for CCW.

Las Vegas(Clark County) is the only county that requires registration of handguns, but not rifles.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Have guns, ammo, food supply and the skills to survive. I do live in a rural area and grew up in the country so that helps. Still, I don't want the US economy to crash and it has been my experience here on ATS that some people actually want it to happen. Why would anyone want the dream to end?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join