It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it dry, wet or normal where you are?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Warmest April in UK since records began, some place 5 degrees C above normal, very dry too, something weird with the weather here.

p00hbear

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Here in Gauteng in South Africa, it's wet, we don't normally get rain this late in the year. The seasons seem to be on correct time, as it's cold now (fall), but we not supposed to have a wet fall and apparently it's already been snowing on the Drakensburg.

I honestly think it has something to do with the EQ in Japan shifting the earth's axis. 10cm Isn't much if you think of it as 10cm, but 10cm on earth terms is actually quite a lot and the first place you'll notice the difference, is in the weather.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Originally posted by Suspiria
Scrub fires all over Britain. Literally seen one drop of rain in over a month here in the Midlands. Not enough to get you remotely wet.

is this overly odd for this time of year?
i always think of britain like most think of seattle, wet, wet, wet.
yet, certain times of year it is just not the case.

Well for the past ten years we've known the odd pleasant easter weekend, (although the past few locally it's been either windy, rainy, snowy or all three combined).
Yes, normally it's quite grim rain wise & usually still cold. But we've gone from a brutally cold winter seemingly straight into summer.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

well sure, but it seems worse than usual. like i mentioned, i've never had half my springs dry up....ever, in the 15 years i've owned my place.
maybe i'm just wrong.
btw, the chart you posted ended in 1990, i'll see if i can find anything else.
snowpack in the gila seemed almost non-existent when i did a pack trip in there a couple of weeks ago.
you've made me think though, will need more info.

i'm not too far from cliff, a bit to the north.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
What qualifies as monsoon rains in NM?

See that bump in the precipitation in July/August? My favorite monsoons are when it's really hot and miserable throughout the morning and in early afternoon, the sky starts to get cloudy and before you know it, a BOLT of lightening and a CRACK of thunder signal the spilling of the sky! And it rains SO HARD and so much in a half hour or so, that you can't believe it! It's really amazing and I never get tired of it. Afterward, the sky clears and everything is clean and smells WONDERFUL and life goes on. I've seen this happen every afternoon for weeks on end during the season. It's really a fantastic show if you're into that kind of thing, which I am.

edit on 5/4/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

You may be right. Check this out:

www.srh.noaa.gov...

If it is dryer, I only hope we get a more active monsoon!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
yes, i also thoroughly enjoy the monsoons. the cloud formations alone can keep my eyes to the sky for hours.
always reminds me of those tornadic formations in the midwest, but they never seem to drop a funnel.
it could be in the 90's, the formation moves overhead and all of a sudden it could hail, or dump so much rain the entire ground seems like a moving sheet of water.
i even enjoy putting my rig in 4 wheel drive and slipping and sliding the 14 miles up my muddy road.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

now that link seems to correlate more towards what i'm witnessing.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I love afternoon thunderstorms, especially when it is ungodly hot just before.

The aftermath of a wet desert I was pleased to see in the Mojave desert during el Nino in the Spring of 1983. It was an explosion of flowers.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Eastern Pa. Raining since last night. Whole month of April has been cloudy and rainy along with a good potion of March. I have to say a bit above normal, the general cloudiness seems more strange to me.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

i want to say it was around 4-5 years ago, but death valley had unusual heavy and early rains.
the wildflower bloom was one of the most incredibly beautiful things i have ever laid eyes on.
i drove from n.m. to death valley just because a friend called and told me to get my ass over there, 'you gotta' see this!'
he was right.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
South Texas is dry dry dry.

And we got a cold spell this past weekend.

It is supposed to be hot and stormy this time of year.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In western Washington it is cold and wet. Pretty normal, though.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Austin, Texas. I seriously think we've had a grand total of 10 minutes of rain since January. Pretty bad because most of our rain for the year usually comes in the spring I think

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
South of Houston, Texas and it's been nothing but wind for about 3 weeks. Absolutely no rain whatsoever in April. I can't remember the last time it rained.. We have had a lot of cloudy, gray days where it looked like rain, but nothing happened. It's also been a little cooler with almost no humidity the past few days, I can't complain about that, but the weather man says back to the 90s this weekend. Still don't know when it will rain..
BUT, with all things in life, it's a cycle. There will be dry spells and wet spells, I just hope this very dry spell ends sooner rather than later. And please God, tell the wind to lay off for a little while!!

Three Texans in a row..

edit on 4-5-2011 by christine76 because: Texas freaking rocks!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join