It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it dry, wet or normal where you are?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Looking through the replies it seems its a good old random selection of weather. Remember weather isn't climate.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Hull East Yorkshire England is also very dry..record dry April.Forest fires all over UK..strange..weather..but it is cool now..

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's so freaking wet here,I just had a 20ft. blue spruce just fall over,on level ground and no wind!
North central Kentucky.
Having our share of flooding too.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It is dry AND normal here in SW France right now.

We're expecting a scorcher of a summer this year as it's well overdue and this year it has started early by a few weeks. The last few years have been not too hot summers and not too cold winters.

I love it as long as I can keep up with the watering.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

yes, but this is earlier than i can ever remember.
which was my unexplained point.

i wish i wasn't so computer illiterate, it would be cool to somehow map out every ones responses.
gotta' be patterns.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Well, and it does seem that the drought is extreme and highly unusual in the southern part of the state. I see Las Cruces has totally banned all open fires within city limits and yeah, you are right, thats unusual this time of year.

www.therepublic.com...

LAS CRUCES, N.M. — Las Cruces is banning all open fires within the city limits because of extremely high fire danger.

The city fire department announced the ban on open burning on Monday.

Las Cruces and the rest of southern New Mexico is the midst of a severe drought and numerous grass and brush fires have erupted in recent weeks.

The ban will stay in place until enough rain has fallen to cut fire risk to acceptable levels.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

my place is actually down in the gila, west side of wilderness, my buddy said it's not to bad but the ground is dry for a matter of feet.
which is really odd because we can usually dig a whole a couple of feet and hit water.
2 out of 4 of the springs on my property are dry, they are usually pumping water.
the one that is usually warm is quite a bit hotter.
i'm here in the east mountains visiting my dad right now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mosheh24

So true, mosheh - I know might just be that the images were taken at different times of the year, but did anyone else ever notice the OLD satellite images on Google Earth being green and lush...and the newer images being brown and dead? Depressing.

And AshleyD, your post reminds me of the line from Lord of the Rings:

The world has changed. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. I taste it in the water. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

I think if people are still around in another few decades, they may likely say the same. It's like Aaron always mentions from another source on Mysterious Universe, we'll either be the last generation to die or the first generation to live forever. And unfortunately I'm pessimistic here. We're not impressing me yet.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

your post reminded me of my thoughts on global warming.
i dodn't think that the car exhaust will have nearly the long term consequences as things like deforestation.
there is around 3 percent of the old growth left when compared to lewis and clarke times.
the forest that is there is very unhealthy and there is very little to hold back any water from running off.
this is the cause of many of these floods, and this aspect will only get worse.
man is causing severe damage and it's not mainly from driving our cars.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Here in Pennsylvania it is pretty much normal. We had a gorgeous day today

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It's normal, dry but it's always dry around here in May.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Avyuir

where is here?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ontario canada,
and it seems odd we didnt get much rain in april,
but the past 3 days of may have been down pooring
kinda odd how you guys are getting crazy weather also.
nvm about that being odd

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Im in Tennessee and its been extremely wet here

The temp cant decide what it wants to do either, if youve been watching the news at all youll know this whole area has been getting slammed like a french hooker on pay day

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

your post reminded me of my thoughts on global warming.
i dodn't think that the car exhaust will have nearly the long term consequences as things like deforestation.
there is around 3 percent of the old growth left when compared to lewis and clarke times.
the forest that is there is very unhealthy and there is very little to hold back any water from running off.
this is the cause of many of these floods, and this aspect will only get worse.
man is causing severe damage and it's not mainly from driving our cars.

Hey friend - I'll admit I'm very much on the fence when it comes to global warming. Could be wrong, but I believe it tends to be a natural cycle based on solar input and a variety of other factors and that CO2 doesn't really figure in (thanks AL GORE, shatter my illusions of your beautiful movie when I find out the relationship is 'so complex' it's BACKWARDS...).

Regardless, EXCELLENT point you make about trees. If I can climb up on my soapbox for just a brief moment, I'd like to PIMP HEMP.

It's a weed. It grows damned near everywhere. Revitalizes the soil. Prevents runoff and topsoil erosion due to quick deep roots it puts down. Feeds the hungry. Clothes the poor. Displaces harmful cotton industry more effectively. Displaces harmful woodpulp-paper industry more effectively. Can replace almost any petroleum product. Houses the homeless. Ails the sick.

It's friggin' Superman, man.

Sorry, back on-topic - agreed. Perhaps the natural cycles are aggravated and thrown out of whack by our other manipulations of the system, throwing off its in-built corrective functions. With the other options we have available, there is NO VALID REASON for us to destroy the things we are. Trees are the lungs of our planet, and aside from wintertime when they're scary looking as all getout, they are beautiful things.

Well said, friend, regardless of if we differ on some details.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

i do agree about the natural cycles, and would only add that mans influence like deforestation multiplies other influences.

Well said, friend, regardless of if we differ on some details.

i prefer a conversation with those who differ, life would be just so boring if we just sat around agreeing with each other.
i've been pro-hemp for many many years, fuel is only part, basically everything made of plastic could be made from hemp instead of petroleum.

one more thing to add as food for thought.
besides deforestation and plastic, water is of major concern.
wells running dry, cows and humans ruining good springs, along with pollution, acid rain entering the water supply.
i could ramble on for pages, but all we need to really know is that once clean water sources are polluted and the good ones left are controlled, we lose.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Upstate New York is WET! We just had our wettest April ever (8" + of rain). 26 days of rain. May is not looking much better so far. This is after having one of our snowiest winters ever (178" + of snow). I'm ready to dry out and warm up.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayXBraun
ontario canada,
and it seems odd we didnt get much rain in april,
but the past 3 days of may have been down pooring
kinda odd how you guys are getting crazy weather also.
nvm about that being odd

Where in Ontario? I'm in Niagara and we've had a very wet spring. Only a handful of sunny days and slightly more cold than usual.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
In UK ... from a second unusually cold winter in succession .. straight into an equally unusual spring ...
Its sooo hot and dry here in Scotland for this time of year .. We barely got an April shower last month at all ..

Even our summers arent usually this consistently nice and hot ... bit of a change from the floods Englands been getting past few years .. so far

Wonder what summer will be like .. But more so .. Dont think i could stand another winter as bad as the last 2 ... especially if it gets worse again this time around ...

ETA - Bearing in mind our weather in the UK (as well as many other places) is pretty much controlled directly by the Jet Stream .. Without which, the UK, and more so Scotland, would pretty much be in a permanent winter, due to its location on the Northern Hemisphere.

DailyMail.co.uk - 22nd December 2010

The freezing conditions that have blasted Britain are being blamed on a series of weather patterns that are bringing Arctic temperatures to much of western Europe, California and even Australia. One of the main factors is a change in the position of the jet stream - the fast-moving current of air that moves from west to east, high in the atmosphere. Changes in the jet stream's path can cause massive changes in weather conditions across the globe and may be why Australians are now shivering their way through summer and the current freezing conditions in California.

edit on 3/5/11 by WhatAreSpinkters because: ... love editing things ...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

i prefer a conversation with those who differ, life would be just so boring if we just sat around agreeing with each other.
i've been pro-hemp for many many years, fuel is only part, basically everything made of plastic could be made from hemp instead of petroleum.

I don't know, I've always found myself to be eminently sensible and think the world might be a better place if all agreed with me, so could likely handle the mental stimulation of talking with myself all the time.

Then again, I do always seem to get myself caught up on the dark side in our discussions with myself - but that's everyone else's fault. Perhaps everyone is subject to that vanity and I'd best let it go....

Yay for hemp, enough said Could only supply a limited amount of fuel for transport at least, so couldn't offset our current volume, but the other benefits otherwise far outweigh this regardless.

one more thing to add as food for thought.
besides deforestation and plastic, water is of major concern.
wells running dry, cows and humans ruining good springs, along with pollution, acid rain entering the water supply.
i could ramble on for pages, but all we need to really know is that once clean water sources are polluted and the good ones left are controlled, we lose.

Bingo - blue gold. I'm much afraid on this issue from the temporal standpoint as I can't even begin to comprehend how nasty things will get once the value and scarcity here is recognized. Like Celente said (to paraphrase), 'when people lose everything...and have nothing left to lose...they lose it'. How much worse can it get when everyone starts coming up short on this issue?

You haven't even addressed the cocktail of gender-bending drugs in our water supply (THANKS, hormone therapy and birth control pills! among other things) that are directly affecting our normal functions otherwise in addition to reproduction, sperm counts, and sexual malformities...oy vey.

Regardless, as I always say everywhere else in these discussions - details aside, we all are born, and we all die. Everything else is incidental. I believe in an afterlife, so I'll say the prime focus is ending up in the best afterlife we can. Otherwise, focus on making the short time we have here as positive as possible - and I believe our thoughts and outlooks affect reality (GO QUANTUM PHYSICS AND PLACEBO EFFECT!), so focus on the positive outcomes and how to achieve them instead of the negativity of this life - let's be the change we all want to see in this world.

Thanks friend!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join