It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it dry, wet or normal where you are?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
here in central new mexico it seems to be dangerously dry.
there is basically no snow to melt on the mountains. creeks are dry, trees seem to be extremely thirsty and most of the spring plants are not even coming up yet.
the rio grande is low and flowing muddy, etc....etc......
i'm wondering where you are and what your answer to my question may be.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Northwest Oklahoma here, also very dry.

Fire warnings and burns recently and news not long ago was this is the dryest last few months since the dustbowl days. Crops need rain!
edit on 5/3/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Im in SW Michigan and right now it's fairly dry. We had a pretty large amount of rain over the last 2 weeks, though.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Michigan, and Wet, Wet, Wet, Sick of it. All the rivers are overflowing.

Side note: White Puppies are no fun in this weather!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Here in the north of The Netherlands where it mostly rain, its pretty dry now.
I mean its not hot here. but there aint no rain for a week or 2 maybe more.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wet, but thats normal for Tennessee in the spring time from what I am told.

Although we did have those very strong storms this year, and a pretty historic flood last spring. Its only my second spring here, but people who have been here all their lives have been saying the weather is not following its normal pattern.

More snow in the winter, earlier warmer springs, and hotter summers.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
been very dry and sunny for this time of year here in ireland, we have gorse fires at the moment on the west of the country, we usually get gorse fires in july/august when its hot, but not been hot for a few years!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It was snowing like hell a couple of hours ago. Pretty random for this time a year. Now its wet.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Texas is going through a record breaking drought, as well as record breaking wild fires.
Dry is normal for Texas, but it seems to be getting worse.
No doubt our climate is changing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MobSaget

Where you be?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Very dry here in South West England. The warmest and driest April followed by another few days of dry weather. The authorities have started warning of possible water shortages, unless we get some rain soon.

I'm sure it will come soon and when it does it won't stop until September.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For me in Ontario, Canada (Kitchener waterloo region to be exact) its been a pretty wet start to spring and also humid. Everything has been relatively normal compared to past years, and I cant wait for a beautifully spring to be in full bloom. I absolutely love it here in the spring. Summers sights are no different but I cant stand the humidity and this spring I hope is no indication of summer. So all in all very wet, but nothing out of the normal just yet.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

the relatively nearby city of albuquerque is already discussing water plans.
no watering during daytime, watering on certain days in certain areas and stuff like that.
i know a few people who's wells are basically pumping mud, there are other circumstance involved in that, but it is definately not normal.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I live in Northeast Ohio,it's a little wetter than usual but like they say around here (Cleveland) "if you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Normal in NW Georgia this year and pretty much last year.

Pretty refreshing after our 10-year drought and 3-year complete watering restriction before that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Pgh, Pa wet grey day clouds over.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Right now we are setting a record here for the driest spring. We're usually flooded around this time but the last rain was in January. When the wind blows, you see waves of top soil flying around with it. There's just no moisture to keep it on the ground. There is no greenery or wildflowers- everything is brown and dead.

It's very bizarre. I have lived in South Texas for 32 years next month and do not remember anything like it. Doesn't surprise me much to hear about the wildfires in Texas. Usually we have plush green grass, lawns, and wildflowers covering the highways and the humidity is stifling. Being only 2 hours from the coast, we usually have torrential rains. Not this time, though. We have had droughts before but never in the spring. It's crazy.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here in Southern Oregon clear blue skies and warm and the weather forecast says warmer weather still to come with small chances of rain the rest of the week! Rainy just a little off and on but very dry during winter and so far most of spring. Gonna be a bad fire season this year I'm thinking here in the Pacific NW the "green" is not so green anymore around here especially over the past 10 years or so I've noticed grass and the hills looking more brown than ever

edit on 3-5-2011 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here in Arkansas we went from extreme drought conditions, to extreme flooding in a week.We saw so much rain in a two week period I swear i was about to start building an Ark.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Albuquerque has had watering restrictions for years though. Not supposed to water after 10 am, only certain days of the week, etc. it may be drier this year there, but I just moved from there and practically the whole 15 years I lived there we were essentially in a drought.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join