It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will my idea work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I was wondering if the electromagnetic engine thing I designed would work

I was thinking for a body it would be disc shaped with a hole in the middle where the coils would be any ideas

[edit on 31-7-2004 by greeon]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
well first off, you can hardly read your diagram, and no it would not work because it is a lot more complicate d than a positive charge and negatice charge. if that would work we would have them and the goverment would tell us about them.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
sorry 'bout the shockingly bad diagram and handwriting I had to save it as a .GIF image because it wouldn't load otherwise and .GIF lose image quality
and my handwriting is bad.Thanks anyway.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by greeon]

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing it with us,

Im not really sure on the workings of this, maybe you can tell us alittle more about it if you can,

Asala

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeon
sorry 'bout the shockingly bad diagram and handwriting I had to save it as a .GIF image because it wouldn't load otherwise and .GIF lose image quality
and my handwriting is bad.Thanks anyway.

[edit on 30-7-2004 by greeon]

dont worry about it i have bad hand writing to.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Thanks for sharing it with us,

Im not really sure on the workings of this, maybe you can tell us alittle more about it if you can,

Asala

well my idea was the two bottom coils would repel each other but the top one would pull them both up so it would hover but machinegunjordan
says it won't work don't know why not though, oh well.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
well it would work to propell a small object but to propell a large craft you would need a bunch of them

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
well it would work to propell a small object but to propell a large craft you would need a bunch of them

cool thanks

now I'll probably go off and try to propel a tinfoil thing using my thingy

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
uhh has anyone else noticed this...nice diagram a small red X where is the picture? Plus if you get a small model of it working post some pics up so we can all see.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
NASA worked on a similar project in the 1980's. If you can make it work, let them know. $$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
uhh has anyone else noticed this...nice diagram a small red X where is the picture?

I can't view the picture either Westpoint. When I look at the webpage where the picture is on, I get the standard ATS 404 error page.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
No pic for me either.... Would love to look at the idea....
Sounds interesting though.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
According to Earnshaw's theorem a object cannot be held up solely by static electromagnetic fields alone. There are ways to get around this like the Maglev trains in development/construction but they often require complicating techniques and equipment.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hmm well the pic was there earlyer, I saw it lol

Im sure the member will have it back up soon.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
the picture was there earlier but now I can't see it either I'll try and get it back up

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
that should be it

[edit on 31-7-2004 by greeon]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
you should really visit my post and see my designs

search them, Mr A

Under UFO Technology

MBF

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If your purpose is to make the center ring to float, all three should be the same charge. The center would be repelled by both, it can't go up or can't go down. You would have to hold it in there some way. Don't know if it will work though.I'll have to think on it a while, my physics in this area is a little rusty!!!

[edit on 31-7-2004 by MBF]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
If your purpose is to make the center ring to float, all three should be the same charge. The center would be repelled by both, it can't go up or can't go down. You would have to hold it in there some way. Don't know if it will work though.I'll have to think on it a while, my physics in this area is a little rusty!!!

I'm trying to make the whole thing float but I'm having some trouble getting just one charge in the rings,any ideas anyone?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
personally you could probably get it too work now if the ring above the craft was attached to the craft then in theory you could make the craft float and by craft i mean middle ring.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join