It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Military Urgent Order ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I have no idea so I want more information here. If you say it is not reliable source, please explain how come my friend abandon his holiday and hurried back to China. Second, how come he told me not to travel ? For what ? Third, if these are all made up, for what ? You know very very few in Hong Kong and China really care about this. There is no value or benefits gained from any conspiracies and topics in China or Hong Kong ! People simply ignore them totally !

If I make up stories, then for what ? Simply I cannot gain anything here. You can check my IP and see I am from Hong Kong. I am using Hong Kong Broadband Service Provider and PCCW.

www.hkbn.net and www.pccw.com

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ariel bender

I was born in Hong Kong and have many businesses in China. Some of my relatives are communist party members. My grandmother follows the Red Army and has a 50 years service award.

What you said is true, but you are a foreigner ? You are barred from lots of things as you are not Chinese. This is the same as we are in other countries.

As a matter of fact, military complex are beyond your imagination in Northwestern part.

If that is a family emergency, how come he urged me not to travel ? That doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Finally I contacted my friend. Some of you are correct, that is related to the possible terrorists revenge as the Osama is died. He said staying in China / Hong Kong is comparatively safe as the threat is low here. But the government already raised the level of concern as the revenge may be "crazy".

Thanks for your reply guys !

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ariel bender
reply to post by tzewailun

China is interested in Business. While western nations build carrier groups, China builds supertankers and fleets of cargo container ships. There is little interest here in military excursions when money is better spent sealing long term copper and resource contracts.

Aaaah, what? Have you not been watching the news for the last 15 / 20 years? China has increased it's military spending in vastly greater proportions then the western economies have. Do a little research before you make such crazy statements.

Here's just one of many articles dealing with the Chinese military spending issue. (just picked at random from google)
www.globalsecurity.org...
"On Thursday 04 March 2010 Beijing published China's 2010 defense budget. It totalled 532.115 billion yuan (about $77.9 billion at current exchange rates) or 7.5% more than last year. Chinese defense spending had increased by an average of 12.9% annually since 1989 when Beijing launched an ambitious army modernization program, and this wasonly the second year over that period in which annual growth was less than 10%. In Military and Security Developments Involving the People’s Republic of China 2010 the US Defense Department estimated that actual Chinese military spending was double this about, over $150 billion on an official exchange rate (OER) basis. Purchasing power parity (PPP) exchange rates are the value of goods and services produced in another country valued at prices prevailing in the United States. This is the measure most economists prefer when comparing use of resources across countries. "

PS: Glad to hear that the OP's friend is safe
edit on 3-5-2011 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Maybe you should read carefully before you respond in such crazy manner.

China does not spend its money on carrier groups, it builds cargo and super tanker vessels. In 2010 China built over 200 Million tons Deadweight tanker and cargo ships, and will double that in the next few years. China uses its industrial base to build trade components, the west uses its industrial base to build weaponry. China spent 80 Billion on Defense...big whoop, that is about 1% of its Economy. What does the USA spend..??

The long term strategy in building infrastructure that produces wealth, will always overwhelm a strategy that created debt.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I live in Northeastern China, have been the last Seven Years.

There are a couple items we should clarify;

May 1st holidays used to run for 7 days, and was called golden week for that reason. Three years ago the Holiday was cut back to 3 days, and it no longer called Golden Week, it is just May 1st Holiday, or Mayday, or other combination.

There are very few Military bases in Northwestern China. There are large complexes in Northeastern China, and there is nothing going on here. I would say your Friend probably had a family emergency, we all react to stress in different manner.

China monitors communications about as much as any Western Nation does. Please Google " Echelon Signal Intelligence". This will reveal western intelligence gathering, and in fact every fax, cell call, landline call, text message and skype you send in the western world is monitored by western intelligence agencies and scrutinized by various analytical groups worldwide. You are under far greater surveillance in western countries than i am in China.

London England has the most pervasive intelligence gathering system in the world, you can expect to have your picture taken and analyzed several dozen times per day once you leave your house, and every syllable spoken over communication systems recorded, stored and analyzed.

China is interested in Business. While western nations build carrier groups, China builds supertankers and fleets of cargo container ships. There is little interest here in military excursions when money is better spent sealing long term copper and resource contracts.

This statement is a perfect propaganda directive by the Chinese government. How I know? Just keep reading the statements. Its criticizing the faction of other western government and minimizing China's influence on the mater or damage control.

Another puppet socket by the Chinese government posting in this forum. It's begining to be much easier now to distinguish these puppets.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

If your Family is connected in China, you should already know answers to your questions. You should also know foreigners in China work in various positions, and it is their relationship to people in Government that provide access. Some foreigners have very good access, depending on what they do and who they know. Some foreigners are lucky enough to work with high level officials and officers.

Relax, nothing is going on in China or Hong Kong...life is good, enjoy the beautiful weather.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by awakenone

I too noticed. You were not around for the 2008 Tibetan crack down/Olympic threads, what a lesson in propaganda that was.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Another response by a western Stooge....how do i know ? The inability to distinguish reality from fantasy, or being able to read and research information on their own.

China spends 1% of its budget on defense..what does the USA spend..? what does england spend..? Why is it anyone business ??

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Another response by a western Stooge....how do i know ? The inability to distinguish reality from fantasy, or being able to read and research information on their own.

China spends 1% of its budget on defense..what does the USA spend..? what does england spend..? Why is it anyone business ??

you missed the context of Awakenones post. You are posting what seems to me to be typical Chinese propaganda.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

ihaa i like strories like this

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I got his post...unfortunately the thread turned into typical bashing of a foreign nation which frankly i am tired of. There seems to be an ignorance how the world world works; Its OK for western nations to spend massive amounts on defense, but if anyone else starts to build their space program, or defense capabilities, then its a problem.

If you wish to debate this, lets stick to facts, if your able.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

i hope OP will add some news because we are going in off topic here and it is an interesting story. Hope it's not a joke just for making fun.
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Witness2008

I got his post...unfortunately the thread turned into typical bashing of a foreign nation which frankly i am tired of. There seems to be an ignorance how the world world works; Its OK for western nations to spend massive amounts on defense, but if anyone else starts to build their space program, or defense capabilities, then its a problem.

If you wish to debate this, lets stick to facts, if your able.

No you didn't. Awakenones post did not address defense spending, and bashed no foreign nation. This thread still continues to follow the O.P and one that I am interested in researching. The only ignorance I see at the moment is yours. You seem a tad bit defensive.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

tzewailun...

Perhaps the following article may be of help. With all that is going on in the world that does or does not involve China in one way or another would need to be monitored and controlled for all internal purposes.

Chinese internet brigades are the front line.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Hmm, I wouldn't pay any attention to a news story where an american "admits" that a certain country is an American puppet. Especially anything out of Tehran.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

You clearly know very little about the country which you live in, You make china sound like a peace loving country that has no interest in its military, if you want real data on what countries spend military wise you should have a look here: www.globalsecurity.org...

China is up there with the US, China is a super power and they're currently working on their first super carrier which is a huge achievement for any country and only few countries have the capacity and capability to create such military hardware, so before you come in here saying how china aren't interested in spending their billions on military hardware, get your facts straight.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
here's another link which allows you to compare countries.
GlobalFirepower

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That's 2% of it's GDP and when you consider the cost of manufacturing there compared to the west it becomes a huge factor.

And this is what kind of cargo vessel?

The Tilting "Military balance"
by Richard Cleary

Yesterday’s release of IISS’ The Military Balance 2011 does much to affirm the conclusions of the white paper published earlier this week by the Defending Defense project, a joint effort of AEI, the Heritage Foundation and the Foreign Policy Initiative. The Defending Defense study reviews advancing PRC capabilities and considers the effect of China’s rapid build-up in the Western Pacific, a critical commercial and geopolitical commons for the United States and our allies. The report attributes Chinese assertiveness in part to American indecisiveness, which has encouraged increasingly confrontational behavior by the PRC. The Defending Defense team closes by prescribing a way forward: investment in specific defense programs as a means of restraining Chinese behavior and reassuring our allies in the region.

While affirming the conclusions of the Defending Defense paper, the IISS report goes farther still, identifying “persuasive evidence that a global redistribution of military power is underway” from Western countries to Eastern ones. This shift is due not only to increased spending in non-Western countries like China, but also declining defense spending- particularly in procurement programs- in countries like the United States, France and Britain.

Most unsettling is the prediction made by IISS Chief Executive John Chipman in remarks after the report’s release: China is set to reach military parity with the United States in 15 to 20 years. Beyond the fact that the United States has relied on material superiority in every conflict since the end of the Cold War, Chipman’s prediction is disconcerting for two reasons. First, overall military parity, though important, does not take into account the balance of power in the Western Pacific, which is likely to shift much more quickly in China’s favor (with far-reaching consequences for the US and its allies). Second- and Chipman hints at this- the timeline necessary for procurement programs to reach maturity means the decisions made today will determine American military readiness far in the future, as the People’s Liberation Army, Navy and Air Force expand and upgrade.
edit on 3-5-2011 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

Regardless of Chinas growing military strength, she is still fragile and vulnerable. All that lopsided trade with the West has allowed china to prop it's self. That same lopsided trade can also topple China.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join