Chinese Military Urgent Order ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Dear all,

I am new here and I want to seek any related information on this issue. I live in Hong Kong and from 1-May onward, there is a "Golden Week of 1/5", where many people in China will have their long vacation. My friend who works in government sector visited me on 30-Apr as others do, but on 1-May, he suddenly received a message and told me he should leave immediately for urgent order.

I asked him what is it about, he only said it is urgent. He told me not to travel these days and stay where I am.

From his urgency, I can sense this time is very rare. He is not a soldier but works something related to military complex. Anyone who knows what happen in China, please let us know. I never see his face is so "scary".

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tzewailun

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

P.S. Here is a couple of threads of mine that might help explain some history up to this point from a western ATS members point of view...

Next Elections lets Vote 1 China OK! (by OmegaLogos posted on 8-2-2010 @ 11:07 PM) [ATS]

China increasess military spending by 12.7 per cent. (by OmegaLogos posted on 4-3-2011 @ 08:41 PM) [ATS]

I hope that helps you get started!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Nice post, I hope he stays safe.

Star and flag.
edit on 2-5-2011 by babybunnies because: won't let me star it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, seems you are off to a good start already..I'm sure other members will have additional comments. Enjoy your stay cheers coco

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Hmm - Thank you for bringing this info to us here, please do come and add more comments if you hear anything new - I will stay tuned.

Oh, and welcome!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Anything new in china? Wonder if they caught wind of any retalitory attacks.....interesting timing i must say.

Need more info.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This might be a warning sign that something big is about to happen. They might know that US is in a position to strike. While the people is fixated in the death of Osama, US might attack China and Russia due to the droping of the dollar. We will see in a few weeks. Welcome and, Keep us updated from your vantage point.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Just after lunch time here in Hong Kong and I phoned another friend in Shanghai (A businessman) but he said nothing strange is happening there. I phoned to another friend in Northwest part and he said some military activity is more frequent there these days. In addition to it, he knew that some underground bases are "re-opened'.

I still cannot contact my military friend. His home and cell phones are all "offline". Same as other cases, I also cannot contact his family either.

Let's see how things go.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tzewailun
Just after lunch time here in Hong Kong and I phoned another friend in Shanghai (A businessman) but he said nothing strange is happening there. I phoned to another friend in Northwest part and he said some military activity is more frequent there these days. In addition to it, he knew that some underground bases are "re-opened'.

I still cannot contact my military friend. His home and cell phones are all "offline". Same as other cases, I also cannot contact his family either.

Let's see how things go.

Thanks for the update. I have to say this is an interesting development. Did you join ats just to warn us of something?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yes, and I want to know what happen in China as I never see my friend react like this. I want to seek more information here and see if it is ok or not. As many of you knows nearly all forums in China are monitored, it is comparatively free and safe in Hong Kong, so I use this channel.

I will keep contact my friends in China and see what happens there.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

So, explain more how the conversation between your friend and yourself went down. He visited you, and only told you what you stated here? I find that hard to believe.

More details....please.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If I had to hazzard a guess, it had to do with the bin laden news and the possible repercussions of use of nukes.

Im sticking with that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Ok, the story is like this :

On 30-Apr, he came to Hong Kong to have a visit and buy stuffs, which lots of Chinese people will do it during the "Golden Week Holiday" starting from 1-May. The holiday somehow could last for a week for some businesses.

This friend is an official whom is working very close to the military, and he is doing some researches in a government owned firm. I know he was part of the military complex but I have no idea what actually he does for the government. I met him when I was working in China for businesses. You know, we Chinese people's working style is "Develop human relations is better than writing superb proposal". Especially when you know some high ranking officials, you could do businesses very easily in China. We shared many topics from philosophy, history, Chinese poems, etc. and we become friends after I finished my businesses.

He visited Hong Kong and he lived in my house during this period. After he settled, we have a good meal. On 1-May, I brought him to buy iPad2, iPhone, clothes, bags, watches, etc. We came back home at around 7:30 p.m. to take a rest, he checked his phone that was put inside his bag. He made a phone call and he turned grey. He said to me that he needed to rush for the airport as he had some sort of URGENT thing to do in China. I asked what sort of thing he needed to do, he said "URGENT", and started to pack things very hurriedly.

I drove him but he said I could drop him in Central, and he will meet other guys there. I dropped him near the MTR station at Admiralty. He told me not to travel during these days and stay in Hong Kong and pay attention to the news. I asked him why and he said, "No more, see you later". Two guys met him and they walked inside a building and left. I phoned him but his telephone is offline until now.

It is hard to believe, and I also know that something is happening. I cannot contact his family also until now. Strange is that my friends in Shanghai said there is nothing abnormal there. My friend in Beijing also said everything is normal. Only the friend who lives in Northwest said the military activity is more than the past few weeks.

When I saw his face after he made phone call, I think it is very urgent and serioues. So I post this thread here to see if anyone knows what happens in China.

Strange is that he urged me NOT to travel and stay in Hong Kong....For what ?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
he also said to watch the news, was there anything said allready?

I also read this some days ago.
U.S. provoking China and Russia in Mediterranean
edit on 3-5-2011 by DutchBigBoy because: extra link

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hi and welcome to the site - hope you get to the bottom of this strange situation.

Just to add my pennies worth but I think it very strange how Julia Gillard PM Australia has been cosying up to China a lot recently and when she was in London for the Royal Wedding - The Queen requested a One to One meeting with her. This is MOST unusual.

I also understand that Chinese War Ships are either docked or have been given permission to dock in Australian Ports - another very unusual event - don't think it's ever happened before.

Gillard is well known to have Ousted Rudd immediately prior to her succeeding him, in what many termed as a Coup.
She has also given permission for Japanese Soldiers to train with the Australian Military another strange manoeuvre.

Now this may have nothing whatsoever to do with you issues here but there are certainly strange movements going on throughout the world as of late.

Please keep in touch - this could turn out to be a very interesting scenario. However, I have a strong gut feeling as many others do that in the not too distant future the world is in for a shock. You may just get your answer sooner rather than later.

Good Luck! Take your friends advise and stay put.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Welcome tzewailun

Glad you joined and welcome to ATS a great place for knowledge and disinformation in equal measure

Your story is quite intriguing and IF true quite worrying, I emphasise IF not because I presume you are lying just because I don't know you and have no other evidence validating your post.

It would be helpful if we knew in what capacity your friend was attached to the military, I know you state he was a civilian working with them, but the field of expertise would more informative, chemical, biological, nuclear, engineering, aviation etc.

I have a couple of Chinese friends and they have not heard anything but there again they are not attached to the military so that doesn't really say much about it.

Please keep us updated if you find out anything more

Thanks

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I live in Northeastern China, have been the last Seven Years.

There are a couple items we should clarify;

May 1st holidays used to run for 7 days, and was called golden week for that reason. Three years ago the Holiday was cut back to 3 days, and it no longer called Golden Week, it is just May 1st Holiday, or Mayday, or other combination.

There are very few Military bases in Northwestern China. There are large complexes in Northeastern China, and there is nothing going on here. I would say your Friend probably had a family emergency, we all react to stress in different manner.

China monitors communications about as much as any Western Nation does. Please Google " Echelon Signal Intelligence". This will reveal western intelligence gathering, and in fact every fax, cell call, landline call, text message and skype you send in the western world is monitored by western intelligence agencies and scrutinized by various analytical groups worldwide. You are under far greater surveillance in western countries than i am in China.

London England has the most pervasive intelligence gathering system in the world, you can expect to have your picture taken and analyzed several dozen times per day once you leave your house, and every syllable spoken over communication systems recorded, stored and analyzed.

China is interested in Business. While western nations build carrier groups, China builds supertankers and fleets of cargo container ships. There is little interest here in military excursions when money is better spent sealing long term copper and resource contracts.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I would imagine its something to do with Bin Ladens death.

Keep us posted.

Oh, and welcome

Peace.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Maybe this has something to do with it...

Tensions escalate over the South China Sea

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Is that really a reliable source.

I think not....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join