It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Announces Osama Death to Avoid Dollar Collapse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was looking at what happened to silver, gold and the dollar index after the Obama speech last night when I found something interesting that I thought I would share with the ATS community. If you go to the dollar index chart here: www.bloomberg.com...:IND#chart

Look at was happening to the dollar at around 8:30 to 8:45 eastern time. The dollar appears to be falling and reached lows of 72.81. Shortly after (about an hour) the media was notified there would be a special emergency announcement made by the President and there was no information being given other than it was a national security announcement.

Look what else was going on over the weekend:

“What’s truly staggering about the weekend losses in Silver is that it had already retracted most of them by Monday AM. Indeed, if you were not up Sunday night looking at the futures, you would have thought Silver was just opening sharply lower (about 5%) completely unaware that the precious metal was down some 16% over the weekend. What does this tell us? That unless we get a MAJOR Crisis in the near-future, the US Dollar will collapse and inflation hedges will explode even higher.”

“What I can tell you is that if there is a terror attack there will be a panic rush into the US Dollar. The world IS moving away from the US Dollar as its reserve currency, but we’re not so far along in the process that there wouldn’t be a “flight to safety” move or at least massive short-covering into the US Dollar if a terror attack or Crisis hits.”

“Indeed, just about the only thing that COULD cause a major US Dollar rally would be a Crisis of some kind (financial, political, etc). The last two US Dollar rallies were induced by Crises (2008 and the Euro Crisis of 2009-2010). Unless we get another one soon (I don’t want this just pointing out the facts) the US Dollar is heading towards a serious collapse.”
www.zerohedge.com...

During the Asian session, the dollar had been trading lower before the reports that bin Laden was killed at a mansion outside the Pakistani capital Islamabad. Read text of Obama statement
After the news, the dollar index touched a high above 73 overnight, then moved lower again.
“The dollar will likely find little lasting enthusiasm” from news of bin Laden’s death, said John Kicklighter, currency strategist for DailyFX.com, in emailed coments.
www.marketwatch.com...

Interesting times ahead I would be willing to bet!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I should probably throw this in there as well.

MF GlobalPrecious Metals

On Friday we reported that MF Global hiked silver margins to roughly $25k per contract (following the CME's own two consecutive margin hikes of 9% and 10%). On Sunday night, not letting any public hysteria go to waste, Think or Swim follows suit and hikes the /SI margin to $30,037.50 and $6,007.50 for the /YI. At this point there is an outright scramble to get anyone with margin out of precious metals positions, which of course in the long run will merely reinforce the holding hands.
www.zerohedge.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OR he just solidified his Presidency for another 4 years! Pretty clever if you ask me. They could have done this within weeks if not days after the 9/11 attacks. He was just a political pawn in the grand scheme of things anyways. IMHO of course

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing.

Although, it doesn't seem to exactly be panning out that way so far. Dollar is down slightly against most pairs as I type this.

fx pairs

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yes. I think this, and other reasons.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
I was thinking the same thing.

Although, it doesn't seem to exactly be panning out that way so far. Dollar is down slightly against most pairs as I type this.

fx pairs

Unless this was just the first stage of a multi pronged plan to instigate a run back to the dollar in conjunction with a concentrated effort to bring down precious metals. The Fed, JP Morgan Chase and Obama all seem benefit don’t you think?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

I mean it could "possibly" be a piece to the puzzle.

What would really do it would be Ben Bernanke shuffling on the Fed Funds Rate. Or some dissension from one of the Fed Board Members becoming more hawkish on interest rate policy.

That could possibly be piece 2 of this puzzle. That is if this theory has merit.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
OR he just solidified his Presidency for another 4 years! Pretty clever if you ask me. They could have done this within weeks if not days after the 9/11 attacks. He was just a political pawn in the grand scheme of things anyways. IMHO of course

This won’t last long enough to get him reelected. Oil is climbing daily (accept Sunday night
, the economy is getting worse and they still have the debt ceiling issues to be fought over in congress. I think this is part of a bigger agenda to protect the dollar. Didn’t 9-11 take place the last time we were in this position?
edit on 2-5-2011 by liveandletlive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I had no idea osama was such a major player in the global silver market. Psy-op osama "dies" and silver gets hit for 10%?!. Shows you what kind of twilight zone we are all living in. OP, s/f.

www.kitcosilver.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by drblair
I had no idea osama was such a major player in the global silver market. Psy-op osama "dies" and silver gets hit for 10%?!. Shows you what kind of twilight zone we are all living in. OP, s/f.

www.kitcosilver.com...

Maybe they took the hoards of silver Osama was sitting on and sold it. That would explain the sudden drop!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, CNN was reporting earlier that a twitter user "unknowingly posted that he was dead" and that the news spread around until CNN and other News Companies got a hold of it, investigated and confirmed it, thus more or less forcing the white house to make a statement, confirming it.

He has been dead for about a week, it sounds like they did not want to make it known for a while....

So, I don't know if it has anything to do with the Dollar...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well, CNN was reporting earlier that a twitter user "unknowingly posted that he was dead" and that the news spread around until CNN and other News Companies got a hold of it, investigated and confirmed it, thus more or less forcing the white house to make a statement, confirming it.

This is where I come out on it as well. If we assume that they were going to sit on this, waiting until the election was closer would have made a lot more sense. People tend to forget that McCain was beating Obama in the polls before he made the ridiculously stupid move of choosing Palin as VP candidate. If they busted this announcement out Summer 2012 Obama would have been unbeatable.

The ADHD American populace works both ways - this will be forgotten in a month just like Fukishima was, so I don't see how the Obama Admin is getting maximum benefit out of making the announcement now, except maybe in terms of the campaign fundraising and preventing the left from developing an inter-party rift, which they were getting close to.

But yeah, another terrorist attack is about the only thing that could temporarily save the dollar, and logically this serves that purpose. Scary. In the long run, though, nothing can save the dollar at this point. The days of ground wars (and the manufacturing behind it) are over. There can't be a repeat of WWII getting us out of the Depression. What are we gonna do, have WWIII and agree beforehand to not use any Nukes? Riiiiight.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

He has been dead for about a week, it sounds like they did not want to make it known for a while....

So, I don't know if it has anything to do with the Dollar...

Your talking about this story:

"(CNN) -- As U.S. forces in Pakistan swooped in on Osama bin Laden on Sunday, at least one Twitter user was unknowingly reporting details of the raid.

Some of the first public accounts of the military operation that killed the terrorist leader came in the form of tweets from Sohaib Athar, an IT consultant in Abbottabad, the city where bin Laden was found.

But the significance of Athar's posts wouldn't be clear until hours later when users of the social-networking site -- and the rest of the world -- learned of President Barack Obama's plans for a rare, late-night address to announce that bin Laden had been killed."

www.cnn.com...

I don’t understand what you mean about Osama being dead for a week. The guy observed the operation while it was happening from nearby and was commenting on it.

My thread was created to point out to interested parties that strange moves were taking place in the financial world right before and during the announcement.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontdrinkthewater
But yeah, another terrorist attack is about the only thing that could temporarily save the dollar, and logically this serves that purpose. Scary. In the long run, though, nothing can save the dollar at this point. The days of ground wars (and the manufacturing behind it) are over. There can't be a repeat of WWII getting us out of the Depression. What are we gonna do, have WWIII and agree beforehand to not use any Nukes? Riiiiight.

I agree. I think if you go back and look at the economy before 9-11 you will find that we were in a lot of trouble. The economy ultimately received a temporary boost from the event.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Frankly, I believe you are deluded if think the White House wants to stop the collapse of the USD. I think history and the facts support the opposite.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Frankly, I believe you are deluded if think the White House wants to stop the collapse of the USD. I think history and the facts support the opposite.

I think it’s in their best interest to stop the “uncontrolled” collapse of the dollar. But I would agree the long term goal is to replace it. And probably the U.S. along with it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

4. After 2 ½ years of fighting lawsuits to the tune of $2 million, on April 28, 2011, toward the end of that week’s news cycle, President Obama releases on the White House website what is claimed to be his birth certificate. He also holds a press conference in which he describes the situation as ‘silliness”.

5. Over the course of 48 hours people from photoshop students to high-level document forensic experts weigh in by the many hundreds online and by 10-to-1 across the spectrum the opinion is the same: the birth certificate is an amateurish forgery which lacks any aging, contains impossible inconsistencies and is composed not only of illustrator layers, but the layers contain the program history of the layer actions in the document program which make clear how the document was pieced together.

6. 3 days later, on Sunday night, over a week after knowing Bin Laden was dead, President Obama makes the announcement of Bin Laden’s death.

______beforeitsnews/story/603/491/Obama,_Bin_Laden,_The_Birth_Certificate,_And_wag_The_Dog:.html

Sure is alot going on this year. One right after another.

edit on 2-5-2011 by liveandletlive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Well yeah, but I think they at least want to prevent it until after November 2012. If it happens in say, 2014, that would be a convenient time for Obama to implement the second "New Deal", i.e. the nail in American Consitution's coffin.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Weakening of the dollar is inevitable

India to pay for Iranian crude oil in rupee
www.thehindu.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu's Art of War. China is watching and very aware of US dirty games.

It's been planned. The Elites and dark agencies (CIA, Mossad, etc) have scheduled their terrorist-operatives to carry out another staged terrorist attack in Asia, Europe, Mideast or America. This will cause commodities, Euro and Asian currency to dive.

US government has been playing dirty evil-love games. US dollar is nothing more than toilet paper because of unsustainable debt and frauds.

edit on 5/4/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: better info

top topics

join