It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osamas Death US celebration pictures: Opinion and Discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
To all who comment here, please understand I am not being confrontational, there are several aspects to the celebratory crowds and pictures being seen around the world that I find discomforting.

1) Seemingly rent-a-mob got into position with painted faces, placards and such like damn bloody fast!

2) These pictures can be viewed to me in the same context as the pictures we saw after 9/11 and 7/7 of Muslims celebrating the death of Westerners in the streets. If we remember the outrage it caused in the West when they were seen is this an acceptable image to present to the world.

3) I can only understand from afar the 9/11 sentiment in the US. Would it be fair to say that the images of celebration we have seen are typical of the nation or more of a minority slant? Have they been replicated elsewhere yet across the nation?

I found the zealous celebrations distasteful, although can understand the emotion of bereaved family members: the death of an enemy commander does not win the war. I would think that the reported death would lead to a time of rememberance and reflection as we approach the ten year anniversary of 9/11.

(Lastly: splendid timing Obama! For several reasons, not least of all the political image you have enhanced as a 'can do president', but I feel it would have been hugely damaging for the ten year anniversary to pass without the capture/death of Obama - but thats a whole 'nother conspiracy

edit on 2-5-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Darwination strikes the stupid first

If you see your self in a celeBRAYtion video
get yourself checked for flouride and mercury poisoning pronto

And maybe test for aspertame and chrystal meth too
Just in case you had breakfast this morning and don't remember.

I know when there were celebrations surounding the toppling of Saddam's statue..
they turned out to be PAID celebrants

edit on 2-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Most of those goofs don't even know what the date of the 9/11 event occured, sad but true.

I also find it extremely questionable, how so many individuals got formed, and they all just happened to have all these flags and red white and blue face paint, etc. All these things were acquired by the mob after a news item that occured after closing time of almost every store in the region. It's just incredibly odd.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Most of those goofs don't even know what the date of the 9/11 event occured, sad but true.

I also find it extremely questionable, how so many individuals got formed, and they all just happened to have all these flags and red white and blue face paint, etc. All these things were acquired by the mob after a news item that occured after closing time of almost every store in the region. It's just incredibly odd.

It seems to me there must have been some pre-arrangement to this because of these factors. Perhaps we will find out in years to come the white house interns were all called in kitted up and turfed out front for the cameras!?!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
all these people on the streets believe in anything media says....without questioning...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread, OP. I woke up this am and turned on the news and these celebratory images are everywhere. I'm a little surprised to see this, especially from all the younger people. Something doesn't feel quite right about this and I can't put my finger on the exact reason. How relevant is Bin Laden and how relevant has he been in recent years? Tha't's my question. I mean to me, he's not been the big issue in the MSM and I've assumed he's been dead for quite a few years, to be honest. So, all of a sudden this one man's death is reason for the celebration of the year? Don't get me wrong, I understand his role as being leader of Alquaida (sp) and being the supposed mastermind of 911. My head gets the importance of his death but my intutition feels something's off. Perhaps war and death is always an unsettling feeling and somehow, in the back of one's mind, we know it's wrong to celebrate, especially death and war.

S & F

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Indeed looking at the amount of 'college kids' in the pictures I have seen it leads me to ask whether 9/11 figures on the US schools curriculum? It would make more sense to me in this context that the kids had been 'taught' about Bin Laden. It then becomes living history for them to 'participate' in. Beyond that it just doesn't sit right for me.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well I have to admit that I found the images of celebration rather distasteful.. and all I think it will do is stoke the fires of hatred and lead to yet another incident..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I was commenting to my wife last night....

Remember every time there is a US tradgedy and the US media shows footage of people dancing in the streets in the Middle East? Remember the emotions it stirred inside of us. Well, I can imagine that the foreign media will show the footage of Americans celebrating the murder of OBL and that will stir emotions in the ME citizens. Sadly, I believe that the "celebration footage" will be used as a catalyst for future attacks.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It took 10 years to kill 1 man who was living in a country we are friends with? Either one of three things is true here:

1) Bin Laden was killed much earlier and we were waiting for a time to release the news when we really needed it.

2) The US isn't nearly as powerful and awesome as some would like us to believe

3) We really didn't care that much.

The demonstrations are really sad to me. I find the entire US view of world interactions over the past 40 years (or more) to be really distasteful at best, and the American people are just so..... disconnected.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Out of interest are there celebratory crowds/demonstrations anywhere else in the world?

There are no reports of any here in the UK.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Since I think 911 was an inside job, I have a hard time finding joy at this.

I didn't like him, I didn't hate him either Although he may have done bad things he did not help take down the WTC towers.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ok , just checking to see if I have my facts here right............ so, Osama was killed by the CIA posing as Navy seals whom stormed a secretly built mansion by swimming though the desert .Obama gave the order to do this yesterday ,and the operation was carried out a week ago.The body of the very dead Osama seems to have accentually fallen off the navy vessel and into the ocean. So , a personal friend of every american president since Carter has died . Time to celebrate now. I'm just slightly confused.

I very rarelly will cut and past a post that I have made , but this just fits too well here.

edit on 2-5-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is the first comment from TPTB I have seen about the protests:

Donald Rumsfield on Today

In an appearance on the "Today" show Monday, the former Secretary of Defense says he's "impressed by the spontaneous demonstrations across the U.S."

Smells fishy to me:

"I was impressed by the spontaneous demonstrations we've seen across the U.S.," he said live from Washington, D.C. "There certainly was an understanding this was an important event." "This is a man who…assumed the U.S. would do nothing. He's a person who issued a fatwa against American, urging Muslims to kill Americans," continued Rumsfeld, who spoke with Matt Lauer, who was reporting live from Ground Zero in New York City. Lauer asked Rumsfeld if Pakistan, the country where Bin Laden was found, could still be considered an ally in the war against terror. "I think it's fair to ask those questions and pursue those questions," said Rumsfeld. And just because Bin Laden has been killed doesn't mean terrorism will end. "There are others out there. He will be replaced," warned Rumsfeld. "The key is the fact that the Bush administration and Obama administration put pressure on terrorists, which led to intelligence to capture him." Rumsfeld also said "we have to be alert to the possibility" that there could be an attack now that Bin Laden has been killed. "There has been intelligence that if he's captured or killed, there could be a violent attack on America or Europe one way or another," he said. "Intelligence organizations are being very attentive during this period."

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Says a lot about Americans, we all expect that kind of behaviour from them to be honest really.

Glorifying killings, acting hard, revenge, greed, spite, etc etc, if there was ever a country with all the Sins, it's America.

Greed, Glutony etc all of em

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

I bet you anything this happened for a reason, I think Bin Laden has been dead for while, but I do believe the main reason for this crap, is pure political. It's so our crappy President can be re-elected...make him out to be a winner and everyone will vote for him AGAIN!!. Although I do worry that this will usher in WW3, USA will be taken out and soon!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Interesting comments in the Windsor Star link

Andre Gerolymatos, a terrorism expert at Simon Fraser University, said Sunday night that the death of Osama bin Laden will be a "lesson to other crazies out there that they won't get away" with acts of terrorism..... The professor said it wouldn't surprise him to see officials step up security monitoring in the U.S. and Canada in the weeks ahead.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Ok , just checking to see if I have my facts here right............ so, Osama was killed by the CIA posing as Navy seals whom stormed a secretly built mansion by swimming though the desert .Obama gave the order to do this yesterday ,and the operation was carried out a week ago.The body of the very dead Osama seems to have accentually fallen off the navy vessel and into the ocean. So , a personal friend of every american president since Carter has died . Time to celebrate now. I'm just slightly confused.

I very rarelly will cut and past a post that I have made , but this just fits too well here.

edit on 2-5-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

He was assaulted by an elite counter terrorism unit that is trained to assault targets by "sea air or land." In this case the assault was conducted by four helicopters, one of which did not make it. I presume that there were casualties, including crew deaths as the fourth helicopter was hit directly by a rocket propelled grenade.

Does that make it clearer for you?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
my question would be,
how in the hell did they get all these
people to organize so fast?

within an hr of the news, there were
thousands at ground zero and thousands
at the WH

MOST with Obama posters seems like.
Coincidence ???

edit on 5/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
I presume that there were casualties, including crew deaths as the fourth helicopter was hit directly by a rocket propelled grenade.

in Obama's speech on MSNBC he claimed there
were no US casualties.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join