It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 54
<< 51  52  53   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoTheCapFit

I didn't think about that in terms of the Tritium dump. Interesting. I wouldn't put it past TPTB though.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thank you to those who expressed compassion for my personal disaster in the midst of all these big disasters...

This is a story (Vermont I believe) of what it's like to live with the flooding. I know it is Vermont, but I think it is very relative to this thread and what people are going through, week after week after week. www.boston.com...

edit on 30-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rodredux
Not very comforting. I live right in the middle of all this, about fifteen minutes from Cairo, Illinois. Let me tell you, it's strange to drive through town and see the water just a couple inches below street level in places, and in others, just roofs sticking out of the water. I hope we can get out tomorrow. I live on high ground, thank goodness, but many of our businesses and roads in and out of town are not. And it's just keeps raining... 5 days of rain predicted for the next week. Someone send me a boat.

I used to live in Kevil, Kentucky and have a close friend living down there still... we were only a few minutes away from Cairo. I hope things resolve quickly for you guys.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Titrium:

Will dacay after a few decades... hmmmmm

Tritium is radioactive, and will slowly decay over a period of several decades; due to its short half-life, it is not found in nature. Tritium is primarily used for nuclear fusion and self-powered light sources.

So as long as our flooded farmground is unusable for decades we should be safe!!! (sarcastic)

Although it can cause surface burns, and may be dangerous if inhaled or ingested, the radiation given off by tritium is too weak to penetrate the skin.

and, if we do farm on that ground again in a few coming years, we won't need lightbulbs anymore cause we will GLOW in the dark.

A tritium exit sign, watch, or rifle sight may continue to glow for decades with no source of external power. The green or red glow is not produced by the tritium itself; the electrons from recently decayed atoms hit a phosphor, which then glows from the added energy.

edit on 30-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: forgot source link

www.wisegeek.com...

edit on 30-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
doesnt seem to be a lot of msm news on just how wide spread this flooding is,,
We are in Texas and are very dry and VERY hot.. when we do have rain,, I am sure we will have floods ,,
read and saw some pics from Iowa floods,, WOW..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

the earthen outlying part will go first, and it has a ton of water behind it. Silverhead said it better. : ) (/)
edit on 6-6-2011 by vivalarevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Partially to give this thread a bump and partially because it is in keeping with the theme of the thread

Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Station north of Omaha in danger of being flooded-shades of Fukishima

If you don't feel like going through the whole 14 min video (45 if you watch all 3 parts) just watch the first minute where they show a news story about the rising Missouri river

How's the flooding along the Ole Miss coming? Has it gone down any? I haven't heard anything on MSM.

edit on 15-6-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hello everyone.
Its been a while since I been online, I've been traveling a whole lot in past weeks and I'm getting ready to hit the road again...
But upon searching for any news about the Mississippi Flood...
I came across the Wikipedia page for the flood

Figured I would share

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just thought I would pass a long a few things I was told by my sister today who lives in St Louis area.

First, there is a sink hole: Article here- www.stltoday.com...

I70 buckles in St Louis, article here: www.kmov.com...

Just thought I would share the little bit of news that I found articles on.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I'm glad to see this thread get a bump.

I worry what may happen if the dams in nebraska go... and on into the missouri river and on into the mississippi.

Not to mention the radiation possibilities, at this point anyway, between flooding, and fires in N.M,

It seems the greatest part of America's food supply is at stake this year (don't forget west coast/Fukushima, and Gulf oil disaster)

Where is people's food going to come from? And how much is it going to cost? And will it be safe?

I'm scared of these things coming, and they're coming quick.

Not trying to fear monger.., things just seem to be going to heck in a hurry.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Yes Tinker, I agree.

I hope you are doing well. Try to stay optimistic, it's about all we can do at this point.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Soooo...the Mississippi is back on the rise again...

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53   >>

join