It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Be Distracted : The Real Problem = Historic Mississippi Flood/Intentional Levee Breach

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

That's one big snake. I live in FL and the boas and pythons are getting montrous in size. I don't care if that's not venemous, I would not want it in my backyard near my little kids.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Check out the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Locator on the web and see where 99% of these centers are located. New Madrid?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by krayziehotsauce

i see you've been around for awhile but haven't posted much.

in the future, it'd be nice if you could link the site you're referncing. thanks.

on the topic...very interesting indeed! thing is...i can't find any map.

can you provide a link please?
edit on 5/17/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Check out the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center Locator on the web and see where 99% of these centers are located. New Madrid?

on the topic...very interesting indeed! thing is...i can't find any map. can you provide a link please?

Easy enough to Google and Kraziehotsauce appears to be right. Rather freaky really. While it doesn't show a whole map right off you can put your address in and select any distance.on the "Search by Radius" drop down

Here's one that shows the closest Disaster Recovery Center from Los Angeles to give you a sense of perspective for the whole country:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46d0ba766501.jpg[/atsimg]

And here's one a little closer up:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5409c4a245d4.jpg[/atsimg]

asd.fema.gov...

What is a Disaster Recovery Center and what services do they provide? A Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) is a readily accessible facility or mobile office where applicants may go for information about FEMA or other disaster assistance programs, or for questions related to your case. NOTE: You can register for assistance at a DRC or use the Online Individual Assistance Center or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) (hearing/speech impaired ONLY-Call TTY: 1-800-462-7585). Some of the services that a DRC may provide: * Guidance regarding disaster recovery * Clarification of any written correspondence received * Housing Assistance and Rental Resource information * Answers to questions, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance * Status of applications being processed by FEMA. * SBA program information if there is a SBA Representative at the Disaster Recovery Center site.

Now the first thing that comes to mind is the idea that these are set up and concentrated in these areas due to the recent floods and tornadoes. There is plenty for FEMA to do currently to deal with ongoing current disasters in the area. It doesn't necessarily have to be positioning for an earthquake. However if one were to happen they are well positioned.
edit on 17-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: DRC text

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
In case nobody has posted this yet,it ain't over
Hazards outlook for May 20-31.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b654eddfe5d0.gif[/atsimg]

www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov...

Above average outlook for precipitation

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62860af13e4c.gif[/atsimg]

www.weather.gov...
edit on 17-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hello everyone, so today I went out to the river, in Kenner, La, I took this video, it isn't much but here it is:

The water was moving really fast, not sure if you can see it in the video or not. I didn't see any animals! That snake is huge!!
edit on 17-5-2011 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by WhoDat09 because: to add picture

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

ah...thanks! yeah...that does look kinda ominous. but remember...the NLE is going on right now and all the states participating in it seem to be where FEMA is set up. perhaps that's just where they are starting to build these centers since that's where they are focusing their attention currently.

but honestly...FEMA centers aside...i get a very very bad feeling about this whole flood/NLE/new madrid #. it honestly doesn't sit right with me for some reason. perhaps just paranoia but seriously...

i live in atlanta and for almost a week now...there has been a very odd, ominous feeling in the air at night/early am. many people i know here feel it, too. crazy clouding lately. very very very still and almost dead at night. something seems "off" in the air. as though the Mom is holding her breath cuz something's about to happen.

not trying to fear monger. i could be wrong. i hope i am. but i think most people will agree here in this thread that there's a feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg. something big is about to shake up.

i am sending all the love and prayers i can to y'all in the mississippi region. i can't imagine the hell you're living through nor what you're gonna be going through before it's all said and done. and then the effects this will have on the country, even if it doesn't get any worse. we may not feel it as deeply as you do but america will feel the pains from what you're going through right now within the next year. we're all in for a bumpy year.

may love, courage and wisdom guide you...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

WhoDat, I don't know how to make a screen shot but HAARP has a page up dated 19th ???
I don't know if it means anything but can you screen shot it. How can they do days in advance. I have never seen it on HAARP before but I haven't been watching it long. Please Screen shot it if you can.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I myself feel like I'm fear mogering from time ti time with my maps and my thoughts trying to connect the dots... like you... like alot of people.

I Think alot of us feel it.... we just cannot connect the dots yet... but we have to keep trying.

Om another note: The world news tonight said the U.S. has/is having (not sure which was said asI I was not listening closely until then) the most severe weather in the world as far as tornadoes,floods, drought, etc.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Well, the Arkansas Democrat Gasette saying that Lousiana is having such a drought that the flood is a good thing for the parched land. BS.
Tinker, come back. This is not the way things should be and you know it even more than me. It is like a mind game they are just playing us all.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
coollottie I have taken a screen shot of the HAARP page, but I have no idea what I'm looking at. LOL I don't understand what it is that HAARP does, or what those lines mean. I'll put it up, so someone who knows what they are looking at can see it, and maybe tell us what it means.

As far as the drought and the water being "good" for the land, well that's not true, water is never good for land, but because of the drought, the water is sinking into the ground slower, and is going to flood less places than they previously thought it would, which is a good thing....... I think.

High Mississippi River water disrupts river traffic, empties corps' dredging budget, delays hurricane levees
www.nola.com...

Corps of Engineers New Orleans District Deputy Commander Tom Holden told the state’s senior levee board that by the beginning of June, the corps will have used up all money available in its 2011 budget for dredging navigation channels in the Mississippi River and other rivers in the state. “We’re doing OK with maintaining the channel, working with industry, but as this river starts to drop down, we’re going to be challenged,” Holden said. “We have expended all our dredge funds for the lower Mississippi by June.”

and

The corps said high water on the Mississippi River also is disrupting efforts to build parts of the New Orleans area hurricane risk reduction system.

Let's hope this is all sorted out in a few weeks when Hurricane season starts!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Thank you for inviting me back, I'm still monitoring till I have something to positive to contribute. I feel for all of you, in the way of this flood. I just don't have the words... I have disaster of my own that I'm barely able to carry the burden of right now. but this is about the flood.

We are all in this together, no matter what we are facing, things are bad all over.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
ok, hope this works

2 spikes, 3/1 & 3010 (japan arthqauke 9.0)

Lines stay pretty much close to "0"

2 Spikes, April 3rd, and 7th Japan EQ 7.1

HAARP goes offline for a few days...

April 21st spike

M 5.3 2011/04/21 08:18 Depth 27.8 km NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
05:18:14 PM at epicenter
Moderate aftershock in the sea approx. 50 km out of the Kesennuma coast
116 km (72 miles) E (85°) from Sendai, Honshu, Japan
Satellite map of the greater epicenter area
M 6.0 2011/04/21 01:54 Depth 3.7 km OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
11:54:40 AM at epicenter
Very strong aftershock at a relative safe distance from the northern coast of Honshu
187 km (116 miles) E of Hachinohe, Honshu, Japan
226 km (140 miles) ENE of Morioka, Honshu, Japan
M 5.8 2011/04/21 00:39 Depth 15.0 km OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
10:39:04 AM at epicenter
Very strong aftershock on top of the subduction zone of northern Honshu but luckily at a safe distance out of the coast.
169 km (105 miles) E of Hachinohe, Honshu, Japan
217 km (134 miles) ENE of Morioka, Honshu, Japan

April 30th Spike (on image above)
M 5.5 2011/05/02 23:55 Depth 39.5 km NEAR THE COAST OF NICARAGUA
M 5.2 2011/05/02 15:42 Depth 16.7 km PAPUA, INDONESIA
M 5.1 2011/05/02 21:25 Depth 30.0 km NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
M 5.8 2011/05/01 16:12 Depth 58.1 km BOUGAINVILLE REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA

The question is... why is it irradic now, not even close to the "0" line. and staying irradic?

Just doesn't look right even from 2 months ago.,, reminder 2 weeks or 1 month plot 500 or 1000 nT

I

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The water on the lake is higher today than it was yesterday when I went out there, guess more Mississippi River water is in there than before, I passed by there today, but didn't have my camera

Anyway here is the latest news:

Corps opens 17th bay at Morganza spillway :

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The Army Corps of Engineers has opened a 17th bay at the Morganza spillway to divert more water from the Mississippi River and ease pressure on the levee systems downriver.

www.wwltv.com...

Mississippi flood evacuees spend tedious days in shelter:

In the area of Mississippi hardest-hit by river flooding, evacuees passed time in shelters Wednesday by reading books, praying or smoking cigarettes as officials warily watched waters inch toward the top of a nearby levee that protects thousands of acres of farmland. Cargo was slowly moving along the bloated Mississippi River after a costly daylong standstill.

www.nola.com...

Mississippi River flooding hinders shipping:

Cargo was slowly moving along the bloated Mississippi River after a costly daylong standstill, while officials kept an eye on the lower Delta where thousands of acres of farmland could be swamped by water that is inching closer to the top of a levee.

www.nola.com...

Scientists keeping watchful eye on river flow, levels and contaminants VIDEO:

That information collected by the capsule is then supplemented with data collected by streamgages. The USGS has more than 250 streamgages spread out across Louisiana, not just in the major rivers like the Atchafalaya and Mississippi, but also in the tributaries connected to them.

www.wwltv.com... &utm_medium=twitter
edit on 18-5-2011 by WhoDat09 because: to add link

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Bless you Tinker and you will be in my prayers
Whatever you are going through just know things do not last forever.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Thank you for helping us out with that. The night they blew the levee there was also spikes at the same time they set off the explosives. I don't know just how much they are affecting everything, but it is something I try to keep an eye on. And you are right the past 2 weeks it has been off norm. Thanks.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Tinker... I am sorry for what your going through!
I don't know what it is... but still it sucks!!

Thanks for the HAARP Info

WhoDat09, thanks for that update!

star!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
OK here is my update for today:

First death from overflowing Mississippi River is reported in Vicksburg:

VICKSBURG, Miss. — A man died Thursday after being pulled from the floodwaters overflowing from the Mississippi River, becoming what is believed to be the first flood casualty since the river started spilling into Mississippi and Louisiana.

www.nola.com...

Video - Times-Picayune - NOLA.com

The Times-Picayune's John Pope gives the latest news about the continuing evacuations of those in the Mississippi River flood's pathway and the request by Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal for economic help for commercial fishers and others whose businesses are impacted by the flooding.

videos.nola.com...

Long-feared flood rolls toward Louisiana bayou country

The oil-and-seafood hub of Morgan City has been hit by one disaster after another, from hurricanes to the BP oil spill. The latest trouble involves a deluge of water that was diverted from the Mississippi River and is headed toward the town of about 12,000 people.

www.nola.com...

-------------------------------------------

It's really windy here today, and it is expected to stay that way for the next few days, they are saying that the wind coming in the way that it is, from the SE, is going to make the water on the lake, rise on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain.

and that's it!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I see not too much activity today, hope everyone in the affected area is ok, has the Mississippi crested now?

Has the water gone down at all?
What news today?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The Mississippi River is closed, at Baton Rouge after a barge hit the Old Mississippi River bridge, at least 5 barges hit the bridge and 3 of them have sunk:

5 Barges Hit Mississippi River Bridge In B.R.

BATON ROUGE, La. -- At least five barges struck the old Mississippi River bridge in Baton Rouge, and at least three of them have sunk, officials said.

www.wdsu.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54 >>

join