It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Nuclear Advisor in Japan Resigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I know, we just got Osama, but these are the times we need to scour the airways.

Japans Nuclear advisor resigns:

Kosako said he could not stay on while the government set inappropriate radiation limits for elementary schools near the plant. “I cannot allow this as a scholar,” he said, adding that he is also opposed the government raising the limit for radiation exposure for workers at the plant, according to the CBC.

Japanese authorities have set a 20-millisievert limit for radiation exposure as safe. Kosako said that is 20 times too high, especially for children, who are more vulnerable to radiation than adults.

Article

edit on 2-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Typo in your title. And I saw a thread on this earlier today. But still nothing on the news while Japan melts down... Just a Masonic wedding and some faulty space shuttle heaters. Oh, and now Bin so and so.Notice how the the MSM let the story just drift way into the public's forgetfulness. And quickly at that.

edit on 5/1/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: clarification

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There is already a thread about this here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Muclear?
edit on 1-5-2011 by Tasty Canadian because: hmmmm

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It is good to see that at least one person has the decency to point out the cavalier attitude Japan is showing to the citizens of Fukushima. Children are more susceptible to radiation, especially Strontium 90 that is ingested in the milk they drink.

To all governments, politicians and corporate heads, you cannot legislate the physical limits the human body can tolerate. Life does not work that way. What you are doing is destroying the lives, health and future of billions of innocent people for a little bit of money.

People are going to start dying and you are going to be responsible, you lack of honor and integrity will be seen by the entire planet. You will be reviled to the point where even your names will be used as curse words.

Do the right thing, shut it down, seal it up. Save the future for all our sakes.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Didn't see this on the MSM. Nobody knows about it. Nobody cares. Everyone's attentions have been turned to any one of a number of fabricated distractions or meaningless infotainment tripe. And they will gladly forget the imminent gravity of the situation. A sad reality.

And of course if people knew the horrid truth of this they would care and heads would roll. It must be burried, and burried well. And it is being burried. With every passing minute all eyes are drawn here, drawn there, drawn everywhere except to the most important ongoing global disaster imaginable. Keep 'em calm. Keep 'em distracted. Keep 'em divided.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Twenty years after Chernobyl, increased thyroid cancers in children are still prevalent. The immediate concern for the Japanese government should be the children living around Fukushima nuclear reactors.
"Today, 20 years after the Chernobyl accident, the large increase in thyroid cancer incidence among those exposed in childhood and adolescence continues."
www.hotthyroidology.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I saw another article posted here: enenews.com... about the possible release of more radiation but it doesn't specify the source.

I am thinking that it might be from reactor 1. Back on April 8 the radiation readings jumped up to 100 Sv/hr in the dry well containment and they promptly stopped reporting those figures after that. I was quite surprised to hear that some of the workers had reached their radiation limit but that they sent some of them into the reactor the other day to work on a ventilation system. Probably a "fresher" crew but it is still concerning since they just aren't reporting the radiation doses for that particular reactor anymore. atmc.jp...

top topics

join