It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: What the F###? DNC Director Looking for the Balloons After the Kerry Speech, Heard Live

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Two things before I make my point.
1.) I did not watch John Kerry's speach on any channel.
2.) I am not a Kerry supporter, quite the opposite.

I don't see how a behind the scenes organizer's unfortunate, and unplanned use of the F-word should or would have any effect on John Kerry's performance this evening.
I am certain the CNN is embarassed as hell that it slipped out on air. I Highly doubt that CNN intentionally broadcast it to reflect badly on Kerry. And I think that any organization that tries to uses this against the Kerry campaign will sorely fail.

Now allow me to redirect you my second preface.

d1k

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Frankly I think it's a magical word, so many uses for it as explained in this mp3.

home.cogeco.ca...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Let's put this in perspective.

Amen, Val.

It's quite refreshing to see some common sense used on this subject. This thing has been blown WAY out of proportion. This was a simple mistake... nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Another Amen Valhall. Maybe some of you are more gentile than I am, but, in private, I use the word quite often. Obviously, the guy who used it didn't know it was being televised.
Geez, this is such a critical election and people are more interested in a very common Anglo-Saxon word than the issues.

joey

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I thought it was quite funny what the...are you doing up there i would have used much more profanity if it was me but what are you going to do this is one of the perks of live TV people make arses out of themselves yeah baby.

West Point, Out

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Why is this such a huge issue? What difference does it make? It happened, there's nothing that can be done about it. Deal with it and move on.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Where is the story here? Is this going to change the way a single person votes?

These conventions are dull and boring to begin with. The speech by Kerry was the highlight. If someone got a giggle out of an open mic and a little bit of profanity, so be it.

Let it rest.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Where is the story here? Is this going to change the way a single person votes?

I agree, I don't like Kerry, but any of us would have spouted off with some profanity in that situation. If anything its a refresing break from the scripted artificial feel that both sides make thier conventions into.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
All I know is that I thought BB5 was going to be cancelled just so people could see pix of Kerry getting covered with confetti and balloons. And if that had happened, they would have had one annoyed pixy. Did we really have to see twenty minutes or so of people clapping and waving ?
Kerrys words are important. So are Bush's. But once that is over do we really need to see the sycophants ???

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
John Kerry gave a magnificent speech tonight
. CNN needs to be held responsible for the open mic epilogue, they could have killed that open mic, but they didn't , this leads me to beleive that it was done on purpose. I watched John Kerry on MSNBC and never heard any of that stuff being said about the balloons/confeiti/f-bomb. MSNBC has integrity and is impartial unlike CNN and FOX.
All in All, John Kerry will make a Great President of the U.S. and will be the new President and the voters will kick bush's behind back to Texas where he belongs.

WAY TO GO JOHN KERRY AND JOHN EDWARDS

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Alas,the dance of the syncophants is a time-honored tradition at Conventions. It's unbelievable to so the amount of jockying to get up on that stage. It's pay-off time for hard work, a chance to show "alliances", your good looking kids etc. etc. It's just as bad at the State level. The basic idea is: Hey, the Convention is OVER....Let's PARTY

joey who's partied at a lot of conventions (some of which I barely remember)

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I missed the whole baloon fiasco..
What really surprised me is the fact that Jay Mohr
was hosting the whole event..
I really thought the black guy, COREY was comfortable
in front of the camera. He's got MY vote

...checking TV guide.......

Oooops!

Uh, what did you all think of the fireworks at the end?
Spectacular!!

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Will the FCC fine CNN for letting the F-bomb out on the air?

Would they issue a fine if the same thing happened on Howard Stern?

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Scary Kerry will have a grand opportunity to play with balloons for years to come, whilst fishing with Al Gore, as they both will have something in common, a loss to George Bush in a presidential election.

d1k

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
Scary Kerry will have a grand opportunity to play with balloons for years to come, whilst fishing with Al Gore, as they both will have something in common, a loss to George Bush in a presidential election.

Good ole Gorge may be able to fix one election, but two in a row? Comon now I doubt even someone that rich and connected can do it twice.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The morning coverage...

Glitch delays release of balloons after Kerry speech

Long minutes after the place was supposed to be a blizzard of balloons and confetti, Mischer was still shouting that it wasn't happening, at least it wasn't right. Viewers saw a lot of balloons, in fact, and Kerry, family members and delegates happily batted them around. But nothing like the 100,000 that had been supposed to cascade down.

At one point Mischer used a profanity to rebuke his balloon-dropping crew. CNN was still broadcasting his voice.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Convention boss airs 4-letter word for balloons
A Democratic convention official insisted the balloons were always intended to fall slowly, but that didn't seem the case from Mischer's angry words.

The cursing was so startling that CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer apologized to viewers.

The Surprise of the Night at Democratic Convention: Balloons
As John Kerry and John Edwards began their celebratory lap around the stage of the convention center, Mr. Mischer directed staff to release the balloons that should have swallowed the entire convention hall. As the balloons held firm, clinging to the roof the center, Mr. Mischer lost his cool. Over several minutes, Mischer shouted into his radio, "Jesus, we need more balloons. I want all balloons to go, goddamn. No confetti. No confetti. No confetti. I want more balloons. What's happening to the balloons?" Eventually the director of the event lost his cool and voiced his frustration by shouting, "All balloons - where the hell - there's nothing falling. . . What the # are you guys doing up there?"

Obviously unbeknownst to Don Mischer, his radio was mixed with the audio feed of CNN's live broadcast. Yes, every syllable was broadcast live over the air to the network that has carried the highest ratings during the week of the DNC convention.

Glitch broadcasts convention snafu on CNN
Long minutes after the place was supposed to be a blizzard of balloons and confetti, Mischer was still shouting that it wasn't happening, at least it wasn't right. Viewers saw a lot of balloons, in fact, and Kerry, family members and delegates happily batted them around. But nothing like the 100,000 that had been supposed to cascade down.

And Google News has 914 Stories already this morning relating to Balloons and the Kerry Convention speech. How wonderful it is to have a brainless media to help us deflect our attention away from the really important issues.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Poor Bastard, gives a speech to a crowd full of supporters, and all his supporters are talking about the next day is some psuedo-middle wing conspiracy about the release of the ballons. Ballons. If anything it shows these people are humans with real emotions. If you were in charge of making sure siomething this large was going off without a hitch, dropping the f word once is nothing. Not a Kerry supporter, but decent speech. If he does beat Bush, I hope he can live up to what he said.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What in the world is going on!!!!!!!!!

Every body do the f********in this country and enjoying doing it too, people f******* each other in public and do the f***** to each other during the day, and somebody said it on TV and Lo and behold, everybody is offended and that the offensive world.

What can I say people made a big deal about a mammary gland on TV and women around the world should go and have them removed so they don't offend the conservatives?

The US is full of bias what a shame.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wow, I am suprised that someone or anyone was even watching CNN yet alone Kerry's speech!

john

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I watched the DNC on CSPAN last night. I didn't hear the F-word (and I would have laughed if I did) but I was wondering why the balloons were not coming down like they should have.

CSPAN kept showing the balloons in their nets up above. I was thinking "man, they have so many balloons, why are they still in their nets...what the F***?"

I got a kick out of watching some people jump when the balloons popped.

[edit on 7/30/2004 by angel_ray]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join