It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: What the F###? DNC Director Looking for the Balloons After the Kerry Speech, Heard Live

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hmm, well CNN hasn't mentioned the little incident since then. They'll probably try to play it off, but I'm sure it'll be all over the political shows tomorrow. Too bad, because that was a really good speech....for Kerry.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Hmm, well CNN hasn't mentioned the little incident since then. They'll probably try to play it off, but I'm sure it'll be all over the political shows tomorrow. Too bad, because that was a really good speech....for Kerry.

They offered a FULL apology on behalf of the network three times.

They also explained that it was not CNN's fault and was on a circuit used by the DNC staff that inadvertently was aired due to a receiver being near a mic.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
They also explained that it was not CNN's fault and was on a circuit used by the DNC staff that inadvertently was aired due to a receiver being near a mic.

So, we have a communications malfunction.

I wonder how this will compare to the boob seen 'round the world during the Super Bowl show. I would imagine that most would think thay a vulgarity is somewhat worse than one bare breast.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
HAHA I sooooooooooooo happy about that.....Anything that Makes the Democrats look like fools I am happy about

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976
Anything that Makes the Democrats look like fools I am happy about

How exactly does this do that? It appears to be more of a problem with CNN realizing what they are broadcasting.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DramaticPause
How exactly does this do that? It appears to be more of a problem with CNN realizing what they are broadcasting.

Maybe it was referring to the reaction by Dems in this thread?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This news story says that CNN scrolled the guys name and title across the screen while airing the producers words:

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040730/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_convention_balloons&cid=694&ncid=2043

>

Did anyone see this scroll?

[edit on 29-7-2004 by AmethystWolf]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The fact that anyone would consider this a real issue or use it as a symbolic rebuttal to Kerrys speech definitively demonstrates whats wrong with politics. Too many of us have lost touch with our sense intellectual honesty, and our democracy is weakened because of it!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Dropping an Fbomb On National Tv rather You ment to or not Makes you look Bad

d1k

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I can't believe you guys are making such a big deal of this.

Nerdling, why in the world were you warned for that post?!?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hunter_1976
Dropping an Fbomb On National Tv rather You ment to or not Makes you look Bad

At least on CNN there was an apology, unlike another example witnessed recently this evening.......

[edit on 7/29/04 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
I can't believe you guys are making such a big deal of this.

Terms & Conditions violation.

Hey, thats life.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Let's put this in perspective. A man just got through giving a speech for a position that he has clearly devoted the better part of his life - as far as I can tell every decision he has made since he was very very young - to obtaining. I personally can't stand Kerry's political positions. Sorry, I just can't. But when I think about the commitment and the machinations (whether they be good or bad) that must be carried through with in order to stand in the position he stood in tonight, I can't help but give him his due.

Don't get me wrong. I've got one solid vote that I'm gonna swing like a hammer against him...but that doesn't change the fact that the speech he gave to night was his penultimate chance at a lifelong endeavor.

Behind the scenes was some man who has probably spent the past year or so planning for the event where the man who would represent his party would stand and give the speech of his life toward the endeavour of his life. This man behind the scenes was dedicated to pulling this event off. And when his damned balloons didn't fall, part of those detailed plans fell through. He didn't know he would be taped. CNN didn't know they would mess up.

This story is about a man behind the scenes whose plans fell through and about a moment of desparation which was unfortunately caught on mic. This story disregards the man who gave the speech of his lifetime goal. This story is shameful.

This story does nothing for me but make me feel ashamed. And make me hope that if I'm ever so unfortunate that my plans fall through to the point I want to cry out in any manner I please...I hope I'm no where near you people.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ouch Nerdling Dont type it of Course.....but what was the General idea you got Warned for.....KAT i dont really care about CNN I am a FOX NEWS man....I just like it that One of the Democratic Leaders Dropped a Four letter word on TV not to Mention he took the Lords name in Vain

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Amen Val.

I'm 100% with you on that.

Its been 2 hours since the speech. I don't know what was in it at all.

I know there was an F word

I know it was on CNN

I know Wolf aplogised 3 times

I know the mans name, his position, his employer.

That employer will soon be his unemployer.

And I still don't know what Kerry would do if he is elected.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k

Maybe because he quoted someones post right above his post. Im not sure though

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was warned for my post because I dropped the F-Bomb, which is against the Terms & Conditions.

I've apologised for my breach of the conditions.

However, I stand by my point. Naughty words mean little when the leadership of the free world is on the table.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
True.....It did not make Kerry look Dumb but it made the PARTY look Crude Nerdling I have learned and gotten Bounced off a Couple of other Boards in the past because of T&C free speech is only free When you do not Agree to T&C I got Bounced off The Coast to Coast AM Site Fantastic Forum For Bashing the French hehe.....

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
will this faux pas, about the balloons, have a long lasting effect on the Kerry's speech? Is it going to really overshadow it?

As far as the speech goes, I think, like with the whole convention, there has just been way too much populism.

Whether you like or don't like Bush the perception seems to be people know where he stands, and they're still trying to figure out Kerry.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Im amazed that in an event that size, with as much broadcast needs for mic channels, hat there wasnt more visible/audible problems....I can easily see many circumstances where a signal could have been innocently crossed with anothers. It was inadvertant, and anyone that suggests that cnn risked use of the f-bomb to discredit the dnc/speach are not remebering the fcc is hunting offenders down these days...they better hope that the feds dont see cnn as intentionally allowing the f-bomb out. they could expect big fines if this was deemed somehow intentional.

I also didnt see the fbomb used by anyone in its normal full on use (in this thread)?
we were discussing the use of the term not using it as slang term??
why a warning?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join