It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Among the Truthers:A Journey Through America’s Growing Conspiracist Undergroud

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

LOL, got.... History?

Besides this thread.... you have a thing for HAARP and Chemtrails. Do you know anything factual regarding 9/11? .... i didn't think so.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

You realize that with every post you are just compounding the evidence for the thesis of this book? No one is out to get you. Even worse, no one cares what you believe. That's really what's at the heart of this matter.

You referred to Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia. Can you imagine being in those sitautions and printing the things that you believe without any consequence for ten years? Can you imagine what would happen to someone in Hitler's Germany if they publically called them a criminal monster? Do you think they would be allowed to just go on and the gestapo would just go out and hire someone to argue with them?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I am sure the same old people will be here soon stating the author should not have written it because he does not have a physics degree.

True, yet the author is somewhat of a truther himself. From his interview:

However, it is to me an engineering disgrace that a modern, conventional, steel-frame skyscraper like WTC 7 -- which was a huge building -- collapsed due to what were essentially localized fires on just a few floors. I'm quite shocked it didn't get more attention.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by Tecumte

conspiracy cultist.

Is that the new epitaph? In case you weren't aware... Cults have leaders. Not groups of people who looked at the evidence and arrived at conclusions that make far better sense than a story thrust down our throats from day 1 (Osama did it!).

I think the spook cultists should examine Their views and why They are doing what They are.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma

LOL, got.... History?

Besides this thread.... you have a thing for HAARP and Chemtrails. Do you know anything factual regarding 9/11? .... i didn't think so.

Ooo, ooo, I do! Dick Cheney told a guy who came in that orders still stood (seemingly to do nothing) as a plane approached the Pentagon!

How would that make sense unless he knew what was going on?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Ooo, ooo, I do! Dick Cheney told a guy who came in that orders still stood (seemingly to do nothing) as a plane approached the Pentagon!

How would that make sense unless he knew what was going on?

Start a thread about Norman Mineta if you'd like. It has been debunked for years. It was called a Stand Down Order.

www.911myths.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

LOL, Got.....sockpuppets?

LOL, Got......Paranoid Schizophrenia?

en.wikipedia.org...

LOL, got.... History?

en.wikipedia.org...

That is the most asinine reference.A man writes a book on his beliefs and automatically its a conspiracy, complete with links to which one it would be out of recorded history.

A perfect study for this mans book would of been alex jones....seriously.

Psyops, a controlled press, and sockpuppets are quite real and historicaly shown.

Is this book part of disinformation agenda, I don't know, but from the quotes posted I wouldn't rule it out.

It does fit into the trough of language use of other current and past attempts to marginalize and attempt to use the 'tin foil hat type' BS labelling that we would expect to see in Stalin's gulag mindset where anyone who saw throught the crimes of the 'State' we're labelled as having some type of 'problem'.

"The Central Intelligence agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" (and now on the net media as well???)

www.blackopforum.info...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Is that the new epitaph? In case you weren't aware... Cults have leaders.

Richard Gage

Alex Jones

David Ray Griffin

Steven Jones

Any of these names ring a bell?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

LOL, got.... History?

How would you know I post about HAARP and chemtrails, just happen to read those threads?

Beware the cult of the sockpuppets.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

"The Central Intelligence agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media" (and now on the net media as well???)

So, the alleged quote from William Colby the CIA Director in the 70's. It has never been proven that he said this. Interesting enough that you said this though. I was just reading about this in another forum. Here are some great points about your claim:

1) The CIA didn’t own The New York Times when they published the Pentagon Papers.
2) The CIA didn’t own the Time, The New York Times, The Washington Post when they published the Watergate Break-in and Scandal.
3) The CIA didn’t own the Washington Star, New York Times when they published the Tuskegee Experiment scandal.
4) The CIA didn’t own Rolling Stone when they published Woodward and Bernstein’s CIA/journalists Cold War connections article.
5) The CIA didn’t own The New York Times when they published the Iran-Contra Affair
6) The CIA didn’t own the Main Stream Media when they published Nixon’s Secret Bombing of Cambodia, My Lai Massacre, CIA involvement in Bay of Pigs Invasion, 9/11 government incompetence.

Some journalism Pulitzer winners and finalists:
1) " Pulitzer Prize awarded to Dana Priest of The Washington Post for her persistent, painstaking reports on secret "black site" prisons and other controversial features of the government's counter-terrorism campaign."
2) "2005 Dana Priest The Washington Post. For her determined, deeply sourced and insightful coverage of United States intelligence operations."
3) "2004 Barton Gellman The Washington Post For his authoritative and provocative coverage of the search for forbidden weapons in Iraq."

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

How would you know I post about HAARP and chemtrails, just happen to read those threads?

Dude... click under your name where it say's "member"...then click on "view posts".

www.abovetopsecret.com...&display=posts

All your posts are listed.... you can see mine if you desire.

Then read this:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Is that the new epitaph? In case you weren't aware... Cults have leaders.

Richard Gage

Alex Jones

David Ray Griffin

Steven Jones

Any of these names ring a bell?

That would make them polytheistic I suppose. Paganism if you will lol.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420

That would make them polytheistic I suppose. Paganism if you will lol.

Or Catholicism !

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Is that the new epitaph?

No, just the existing reality.

In case you weren't aware... Cults have leaders.

And so do the 9/11 truthers. You know who they are.

Not groups of people who looked at the evidence and arrived at conclusions that make far better sense than a story thrust down our throats from day 1 (Osama did it!).

Or did they come to different conclusions and then go looking for evidence to support those conclusions? That is the typical thought process employed by the true believers in cults.

I think the spook cultists should examine Their views and why They are doing what They are.

So you think anyone who disagrees with you is a "spook" assigned to impede your path to the truth? You realize that this again reinforces the thesis of the publication, right? Why not just say there are persons out there who disagree with your views? Why do they have to be "spooks"?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

conspiracy cultist.

Is that the new epitaph? In case you weren't aware... Cults have leaders. Not groups of people who looked at the evidence and arrived at conclusions that make far better sense than a story thrust down our throats from day 1 (Osama did it!).

Absolutely Amaterasu, the 9-11 'official' gov. issue conspiracy theory is the absolute most idiotic non reasonable explantion of motives and events I believe I have ever heard of any event in my entire lifetime. How anyone could believe this 'lurid fantasy' is hard to imagine, other than perhaps there is an extremely gullible and incredibly naive part of the public whose blind trust won't allow them to ever question the absurdities they encounter if it looks like it comes from an 'offiial' source. They readily accept without questioning the lies issued from this cult of death and deceipt and fully ignore the volumes of historical data showing them how uswise and foolish that is. I really believe it is just not the constant brainwashing, but perhaps the effects of the flouride, mercury, accumulation of toxic neuro disrupters, or other brain poisons that have dulled their minds and perhaps destroyed parts of the analytical skills and critical thinking abilities. Perhaps we need to write a book describing this process and the people who have these lurid lapses in brain function and fall prey to this Cult of Deception.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

conspiracy cultist.

Absolutely Amaterasu, the 9-11 'official' gov. issue conspiracy theory is the absolute most idiotic non reasonable explantion of motives and events I believe I have ever heard of any event in my entire lifetime. How anyone could believe this 'lurid fantasy' is hard to imagine, other than perhaps there is an extremely gullible and incredibly naive part of the public whose blind trust won't allow them to ever question the absurdities they encounter if it looks like it comes from an 'offiial' source. They readily accept without questioning the lies issued from this cult of death and deceipt and fully ignore the volumes of historical data showing them how uswise and foolish that is. I really believe it is just not the constant brainwashing, but perhaps the effects of the flouride, mercury, accumulation of toxic neuro disrupters, or other brain poisons that have dulled their minds and perhaps destroyed parts of the analytical skills and critical thinking abilities. Perhaps we need to write a book describing this process and the people who have these lurid lapses in brain function and fall prey to this Cult of Deception.

Dont worry Im sure you will find a FEW books on the matter in any book store. Most likely alot more then the evil bible that we sheep have found here on this thread.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Dude... click under your name where it say's "member"...then click on "view posts".

www.abovetopsecret.com...&display=posts

All your posts are listed.... you can see mine if you desire.

Then read this:

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems odd you are so enamored with this subject (and perhaps me?) you would take the time to view my posting habits.Not 'conspiratorial' necessarily, just a bit odd.

We know within reason, the sockpuppets, shills, disinfo trolls and their ilk are now out on the net trying to convince people down is up, black is white, nothing to see here move along, and the 'offical' story is the only acceptable version, anything else must just be a 'lurid fantasy' and probably indicates being in cult or having delusions.

But historically speaking this is to be expected, this is the rule, not the exception. Likely not *everyone* is a part of this propaganda attempt (THAT might indicate paranoia) but to deny the reality of this 'Cult of Deceipt' is disingenous or at the least extremely naive.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It seems odd you are so enamored with this subject

9/11?

(and perhaps me?) you would take the time to view my posting habits.Not 'conspiratorial' necessarily, just a bit odd.

Don't flatter yourself. Your name didn't look familiar from the 9/11 threads. I wanted to see where you typically post to understand why you appear to be paranoid.

We know within reason, the sockpuppets, shills, disinfo trolls and their ilk are now out on the net trying to convince people down is up, black is white, nothing to see here move along, and the 'offical' story is the only acceptable version, anything else must just be a 'lurid fantasy' and probably indicates being in cult or having delusions.

Your paranoia is amazing. Apply critical thinking to what you read on the internet and you wont have to worry about your "spooks."

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

You realize that with every post you are just compounding the evidence for the thesis of this book? No one is out to get you. Even worse, no one cares what you believe. That's really what's at the heart of this matter.

You referred to Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia. Can you imagine being in those sitautions and printing the things that you believe without any consequence for ten years? Can you imagine what would happen to someone in Hitler's Germany if they publically called them a criminal monster? Do you think they would be allowed to just go on and the gestapo would just go out and hire someone to argue with them?

No one is out to get us??? I thought 'them terrists' were lurking under every rock and behind every shrub 'cuz they hate our freedoms' LOL, that's why we have to give up any last bit of privacy and liberty (and cash), so we can be .. you know...secure. You need to get your story straight. Not sure if you fell for the offcial 9-11 fairy tale, but if so your possible belief in only selected gov issue conspiracy theories over reason seems to me an incredible bias you may not be willing to look into.

And don't we reportedly have over one million people on the 'watch list' and have concocted most every manner of paranoid 'everyone must be surveilled and probed cradle to grave' type Nazi like thinking? The U.S. is likely in the early stages of totalitarianism, it could get MUCH more Orwellian there's still time, I look over at the Orwellian U.K. or perhaps China and see what may lie in store for this country.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The Truther phenomenon - like the broader intellectual trend it epitomizes - is simply too important to ignore. Truther theories may be nonsense, but the disturbing habits of mind underlying them - a nihilistic distrust in government, total alienation from conventional politics, a need to reduce the world's complexity to good versus evil fables, the melding of secular politics with End-is-nigh religiosity, and a rejection of the basic tools of logic and rational discourse - have become threats all across our intellectual landscape..... You can't defeat the Enlightenment's enemies unless you understand them. And that is the project I ask my readers to embark on as they read this book, Those of us who continue to adhere to the rationalist tradition must commit to it's defense. - Jonathon Kay

This describes the attitude of the G W Bush administration much better than the "Conspiracy theorists" it claims to describe.
Derogatory words like "Truther" or "Birther" are broad brush tactics designed to denigrate anyone who questions the official story line.

a rejection of the basic tools of logic and rational discourse - have become threats all across our intellectual landscape.

Asking questions is now a rejection of logic and rational discourse - you heard it here first folks! And this is a threat to our "intellectual landscape". Lucky for Columbus he didn't fall off the edge of the Earth.
We Conspiracy Theorists are a "threat" to the "Enlightenment". If the enlightenment equals the status quo then I say Bully for Us!

He asks his readers to help in the war against those who would dare to ask such questions or propose alternative theories that contradict the official story line (which is always the rational and enlightened thing to believe).

This book may pretend to be an unbiased examination of conspiracy theorists and their methods but as you can see it is a self-professed "Call to Arms". Is there a forward by Cass Sunnstein or does he use a synonym?
This is one more crass establishment attack on freedom of speech and thought.
I wonder why he feels such people pose a danger to society?
In his mind, free market ideals do not apply to intellectual discussion. Those in power will tell you what the "facts" are if you don't believe it you're a lunatic.
Fine, call me crazy then.
If trying to establish the truth for one's self is not to be tolerated then we have finally achieved the dream of every fascist dictatorship where every action, emotion and thought are to be controlled by the state.

BTW - At what point did Tea Party activists become Conspiracy theorists?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join