It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Among the Truthers:A Journey Through America’s Growing Conspiracist Undergroud

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
so now every group or movement,will be labeled as a conspiracy cult,how convenient...

so now if you don't agree with what your told,your a outcast to society.

won't be long before we are called extremists.

Relax. That book isnt going to sell like the bible. Its going to be bought by people who already made up their mind. Its going to be bought by people who want to see the messengers smeared and attacked.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Six Sigma

the book is basically saying we're all idiots..

Wow. How can you come to that conclusion without reading it?

OR are you ASSuming?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

reply to post by Six Sigma

the book is basically saying we're all idiots..

Wow. How can you come to that conclusion without reading it?

OR are you ASSuming?

WATCH this,it a interview with the author...you might change your opinion,about the book.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Oh, ive read and heard several interviews with him. My question is how someone can claim a definitive understanding of what is contained in the book without reading it.

One could more accurately say they have heard the guy speak and SUSPECT the book will be a hit piece, but to imply you have read a book not out yet is disingenuous.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The ignorant worship the mainstream Press, it is a cult of loyalty to a corrupt regime.
Perhaps we should write books about the ignorant and how they want to believe in the lies that our government and the Press publishes or talks about in the media.

It certainly appears that the publisher of the book had already formed his bias opinions against conspiracy theorist before he set out to do his research.
Yet I do agree there are a few nuts on many conspiracy boards it doesn’t mean all conspiracy theorists are tin foil hats. That fact is there are many conspiracy theories that have been proven true yet the author doesn’t want to talk about that.

33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out To Be True, What Every Person Should Know... (Updated, Revised and Extended)

www.newworldorderreport.com...

The author mentions that conspiracy theorist will not accept the facts and draws their own conclusions.
I wander what facts the author is talking about, perhaps he is referring to 911, or the OBL fairytale perhaps the author believes that our government does not lie and expects everyone to bow down to government authority and except their version to their stories without any evidence to support their claims and when our governments are questioned their story changes. If it wasn’t for conspiracy theorists many crimes would never be solved and many truths would never be uncovered.

The book is only for the ignorant. Most intelligent people will not waste their time on a one side opinionated piece that ridicules logical thinking people.

edit on 7-5-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

The book is only for the ignorant. Most intelligent people will not waste their time on a one side opinionated piece that ridicules logical thinking people.

Perhaps, although the implication that anyone who subscribes to any sort of 'conspiracy theory' is a 'logical thinker' seems a stretch.

As for the book being 'only for the ignorant', it seems a bit ignorant to imply direct knowledge of the contents with actually reading.

just sayin....I intend on reading it before i form an opinion. I'm funny that way.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Book Description
Millions of people around the world have convinced themselves that the actual perpetrators of 9/11 were not al-Qaeda terrorists but elements within the U.S. government seeking a pretext to launch wars abroad and enact draconian laws at home. These “9/11 Truthers” are not alone. They are part of a vast conspiracist subculture that is spreading like wildfire and beginning to influence mainstream politics. For two years, Canadian journalist Jonathan Kay has been researching the underground world of conspiracy theorists by immersing himself in their ranks. He has attended their conventions, infiltrated their Internet discussion boards, become a connoisseur of their propaganda videos, and engaged them in in-depth, revealing interviews. While many individual conspiracy theories seem harmless, even amusing, the phenomenon is doing real damage to the unity and health of North American society.
Since the JFK assassination, conspiracy thinking has proliferated, and the Internet has fostered the growth of numerous alternate conceptual worlds in which traditional media and academia have no authority. 9/11 was a death blow to the older consensual view of reality, and as a result, North Americans no longer inhabit one cognitive universe. What this means for the future of politics, and for our society at large, is at the heart of Among the Truthers.

www.harpercollins.ca...

I rest my case.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't shun the book out of hand. In true ATS fashion, it ought to be read and debunked! Usually they cherry-pick and focus on the most outrageous theories to make the case that all alternative media is wacko, but we know this not the reality. The alternative media (which is how I see this site) is perfectly acceptable in a free society. Isn't that what patriots like to crow about, our "freedom"? If I am unwilling to say what I really think in the world for fear of being labeled a nut case, then they have won. (They: media controllers) This author is carrying water for those who would make us less free. It seems from the reviews and blurbs anyway.

I don't speak up as often as I'd like-I work with seniors for the most part. Most of them just don't even wanna go there & muck up the golden years with paranoia...I've been cut off several times and would really rather speak with people who don't have such a calcified world view. Where are those people anyway??

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by impressme

Perhaps, although the implication that anyone who subscribes to any sort of 'conspiracy theory' is a 'logical thinker' seems a stretch.

As for the book being 'only for the ignorant', it seems a bit ignorant to imply direct knowledge of the contents with actually reading.

just sayin....I intend on reading it before i form an opinion. I'm funny that way.

Of course not. Over time as facts christallize, you will see one side being confident in presenting facts to back their suspicions and one side producing ad hominem attacks at best.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join