It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Do Like To Feed Off Our Souls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I understand that it is about my decisions, but what other influences and what other knowledge is there if any to determine how things will go in the future? A good example is when someone meets the love of their life, gets married, then they figure out they have been getting cheated on for some years. They feel they have lost those years because coming together with a person in love is like creating a third lifeform of God. Some people are rotten that they like to live lying people. I really hate the people who repeatedly lie to you and do it just to hinder the emotional balance of the brain. I have seen people do that to me, watching them while I know they are doing it to me, and they still succeed to eat away at the emotions of my soul. Satan likes to create negative energy ranging from the hundreds of negative emotions to cultivate the emotions. I am not referencing Satan in a religious sense, but that an evil force exists in some people which is happy to see the lowest of feelings felt by an individual. They don't prefer anger but like to see anguish, guilt, the very lowest of feelings. When you are there it is when they are happy.

So when they do that I acknowledge they are doing that but I still cannot escape from the feeding off of my soul. I think this is true for most people in some cases.
edit on 1-5-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Satan did it, him and his magical demons.....

I wish humanity could be freed from this global brainwashing, this fairytale that is religion.

There are no demons, there are no gods. The evils we create are our own.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i get the feeding part,
but why does guilt and all that have to be the lowest of feelings?
id be more likely to say love is the lowest of feelings as u can never actually believe/prove someone loves u or not whole heartedly
why is love the highest emotion? its just a point of perspective nothing more
everyone feeds off someone else in someway
everyone takes
probably more than they give
imo its impossible to give more than you take

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

We are slipping furhter and further away from atleast christianity as a major religion and by that assessment would you say the world is better today versus twenty years ago? I personally believe that it is not a coincidence that many different cultures follow a religion because maybe it was set up that way to deter certain behaviors? Yes there will always be war and disease and famine but how much more does that ramp up when people feel that because their is nothing on the other side why worry about consequences if there is not greater good to work towards...and lets not be silly to think that mankind is going to have some cosmic awakening it's only going to happen after we knock over the perverbial vase that mom said don't play next to....when all is lost and we are in the stone age we will have a cosmic awakening but it will not be because we have progressed as humans but rather because we have nothing left but truly each other and if you or anybody esle states that it would be the best thing that could ever happen you're a boob..that best thing that could ever happen is if we stopped becoming so self indulgent and stuck to some traditions revolving around respect and honesty..but since everyone is watching Jersey Shore, music that continually bombards youth with drugs, killing and sex I'm quite confident that we are screwed and it's all called conditioning and if you argue that this is not having some detremental effect on society which includes being able to watch any murder or death online you are only fooling yourself...so maybe religion may not be perfect and obviously their are people who exploit it for sex and money but the tenants of most religions are goals that everyone should use in their daily lives...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Keep your eyes on the goal of the journey. The diver is the one who finds the pearl. The fool is the one who refuses to look; who claims the surface and the waves are all that exists. Keep your eye on the goal and the other detractions are irrelevant. The point is 1 Corinthians 13. God expects you to dive deep and open you mind wide as you examine your reflection in his mirror. Realize that He is always standing in the reflection with you.

From the Discourses of Rumi

Rumi said: If such knowledge were attainable
merely by asking others, there would be no need
for the effort and the work, and no one would put
themselves through such pain and sacrifice to
know. For example, people come to the sea, and
see nothing but salt water, sharks and fishes. They
say, “Where is this pearl others speak about?
Perhaps there is no pearl.” How can the pearl be
gained merely by looking at the sea? Even if they
measured out the sea, cup by cup, a hundred
thousand times, they would never find the pearl.
A diver is needed to discover that pearl, and not
just any diver, but a diver who is both fortunate
and nimble.

Humanity’s sciences and arts are like measuring
the ocean with a cup. To find the pearl calls
for something else. There are people gifted with
every skill, with wealth and good looks to boot,
yet this vital quality is not in them. There are others
who are outwardly a wreck, who have neither
good looks nor elegant speech, yet in them is this
element that is immortal. By this element we are
ennobled and honored, and become superior to
all other creatures. Leopards, crocodiles, and
lions each have their own peculiar skills and abilities,
but these qualities will not survive. When a
person discovers the essential element, they attain
the secret of their own eternal reality.
The accomplishments of the human race are
like jewels on the back of a mirror. The mirror’s
face has no jewels, it must be crystal clear.
Whoever has an ugly face eagerly looks for the
jewels, since the mirror’s face shows every dark
secret.

Originally posted by greyer
I understand that it is about my decisions, but what other influences and what other knowledge is there if any to determine how things will go in the future? A good example is when someone meets the love of their life, gets married, then they figure out they have been getting cheated on for some years. They feel they have lost those years because coming together with a person in love is like creating a third lifeform of God. Some people are rotten that they like to live lying people. I really hate the people who repeatedly lie to you and do it just to hinder the emotional balance of the brain. I have seen people do that to me, watching them while I know they are doing it to me, and they still succeed to eat away at the emotions of my soul. Satan likes to create negative energy ranging from the hundreds of negative emotions to cultivate the emotions. I am not referencing Satan in a religious sense, but that an evil force exists in some people which is happy to see the lowest of feelings felt by an individual. They don't prefer anger but like to see anguish, guilt, the very lowest of feelings. When you are there it is when they are happy.

So when they do that I acknowledge they are doing that but I still cannot escape from the feeding off of my soul. I think this is true for most people in some cases.
edit on 1-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra

I wish humanity could be freed from this global brainwashing, this fairytale that is religion.

I am agreeing, let's say there is no evil force that gives them the motivation to be happy from seeing negative emotional activity, they still do it so it is just to person who would be so little as to tell lies.

I usually don't jump to conclusions when it comes to Satan, but my Godmother used to tell me that Buddhism was influenced by Satan. Of the two people who have hurt my soul the most, one is an atheist and one is a buddhist. Another striking thing is that they did not necessarily mean to feed from my soul at times.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
i get the feeding part,
but why does guilt and all that have to be the lowest of feelings?
id be more likely to say love is the lowest of feelings as u can never actually believe/prove someone loves u or not whole heartedly
why is love the highest emotion? its just a point of perspective nothing more
everyone feeds off someone else in someway
everyone takes
probably more than they give
imo its impossible to give more than you take

Hey, thanks for the reply. I think it was my poor choice of words. When I meant lows and highs I am not refering them to specific things like love, because I can love someone and still feel very low or high. I should of said happiness and sadness. My deep question is if there is a subconscious motivation behind things that lead to sadness like the lying, or even a spiritual motivation of some kind, because I really appreciate honesty or true understanding from people.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As you can tell, I enjoy Rumi. I am a Christian, buy I realize the value that comes from examining other perspectives. Even in Buddhism, the message of reality is revealed. God has revealed Himself to all people. Confucius (Eastern) sought was was best by virtue. Buddha (East to West) sought enlightenment and allowed us to see the direction suffering takes. Rumi (Islamic) gives us perspective on enlightenment from a standpoint the beloved. Christ (Universal Truth of Love) was the enlightenment for all mankind in righteousness. The law (Hebrew perspective) showed that we are incapable, on our own, to please God by law, form a standpoint of pride. We must, all of us together, walk with God and not against. Love fulfills the law and eliminates the need for it.

More for Rumi

All evil qualities—oppression, hatred, envy,
greed, mercilessness, pride—when they are within
yourself, they bring no pain. When you see them
in another, then you shy away and feel the pain.
We feel no disgust at our own scab and abscess.
We will dip our infected hand into our food and
lick our fingers without turning in the least bit
squeamish. But if we see a tiny abscess or half a
scratch on another’s hand, we shy away from that
person’s food and have no stomach for it whatsoever.
Evil qualities are just like scabs and abscesses; when
they are within us they cause no pain,
but when we see them even to a small degree in
another, then we feel pain and disgust.
Just as you shy away from your brother or sister,
so you should excuse them for shying away
from you. The pain you feel comes from those
faults, and they see the same faults. The seeker of
truth is a mirror for their neighbors. But those
who cannot feel the sting of truth are not mirror
to anyone but themselves.

Originally posted by Tephra

I am agreeing, let's say there is no evil force that gives them the motivation to be happy from seeing negative emotional activity, they still do it so it is just to person who would be so little as to tell lies.

I usually don't jump to conclusions when it comes to Satan, but my Godmother used to tell me that Buddhism was influenced by Satan. Of the two people who have hurt my soul the most, one is an atheist and one is a buddhist. Another striking thing is that they did not necessarily mean to feed from my soul at times.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd
Keep your eyes on the goal of the journey. The diver is the one who finds the pearl. The fool is the one who refuses to look; who claims the surface and the waves are all that exists. Keep your eye on the goal and the other detractions are irrelevant. The point is 1 Corinthians 13. God expects you to dive deep and open you mind wide as you examine your reflection in his mirror. Realize that He is always standing in the reflection with you.

and nimble.

secret.

SuperiorEd, this is a post that I need. It relates exactly to what I am going through, thank you.

The deep message this morning is that it may bring pain to have knowledge, but if I am experiencing pain from having knowledge of a couple secret truths, how much I am not ready to accept all of humanity’s sciences and arts? I need to be ready to understand exactly what is happening in the world, whether it be in my emotions or it be in people cheating and lying. In order to live higher in God's reflection, I need to understand that knowledge is a sacrifice of delusion and the beholder of knowledge can be the beholder of pain. The pain is sometimes like a stamp that shows understanding. If can then understand the pain, all of science and humanity’s arts, I may find a way to rid of the emotional struggle.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Glad I could help. The pain is evidence that God is refining you in the fire of His love. This is evidence you are in a relationship with Him. What remains from the process is the gold separated from the dross. There are no mistakes in this life and we are here at this moment for a purpose.

Rumi
God says, “I will buy you...your moments,
your breaths, your possessions, your lives. Spend
them on Me. Turn them over to Me, and their
price is divine freedom, grace and wisdom. This is
your worth in My eyes.” But if we keep our life
for ourself, then we lose what treasures we have
been granted. Like the person who hammered the
dagger, worth a hundred pounds into the wall to
hang a gourd upon, their great fortune was
reduced to a nail.

and nimble.

secret.

SuperiorEd, this is a post that I need. It relates exactly to what I am going through, thank you.

The deep message this morning is that it may bring pain to have knowledge, but if I am experiencing pain from having knowledge of a couple secret truths, how much I am not ready to accept all of humanity’s sciences and arts? I need to be ready to understand exactly what is happening in the world, whether it be in my emotions or it be in people cheating and lying. In order to live higher in God's reflection, I need to understand that knowledge is a sacrifice of delusion and the beholder of knowledge can be the beholder of pain. The pain is sometimes like a stamp that shows understanding. If can then understand the pain, all of science and humanity’s arts, I may find a way to rid of the emotional struggle.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

As you can tell, I enjoy Rumi. I am a Christian, buy I realize the value that comes from examining other perspectives. Even in Buddhism, the message of reality is revealed. God has revealed Himself to all people. Confucius (Eastern) sought was was best by virtue. Buddha (East to West) sought enlightenment and allowed us to see the direction suffering takes. Rumi (Islamic) gives us perspective on enlightenment from a standpoint the beloved. Christ (Universal Truth of Love) was the enlightenment for all mankind in righteousness. The law (Hebrew perspective) showed that we are incapable, on our own, to please God by law, form a standpoint of pride. We must, all of us together, walk with God and not against. Love fulfills the law and eliminates the need for it.

More for Rumi

All evil qualities—oppression, hatred, envy,
greed, mercilessness, pride—when they are within
yourself, they bring no pain. When you see them
in another, then you shy away and feel the pain.
We feel no disgust at our own scab and abscess.
We will dip our infected hand into our food and
lick our fingers without turning in the least bit
squeamish. But if we see a tiny abscess or half a
scratch on another’s hand, we shy away from that
person’s food and have no stomach for it whatsoever.
Evil qualities are just like scabs and abscesses; when
they are within us they cause no pain,
but when we see them even to a small degree in
another, then we feel pain and disgust.
Just as you shy away from your brother or sister,
so you should excuse them for shying away
from you. The pain you feel comes from those
faults, and they see the same faults. The seeker of
truth is a mirror for their neighbors. But those
who cannot feel the sting of truth are not mirror
to anyone but themselves.

Yes other perspective are important and mine is a little different, I am a Christian who walks in the word of Jesus and Law of Moses equally, so a Christian Jew. I do not hate on any other religions as a whole, but I do see in some religions that the worldly part of the religion has taken over, people are focused on the progressions of the religion on a whole in a worldly sense rather than understanding the creational aspects of the religion.

Your writings are very very wise and enlightening. I have changed very much in walking with the spirit. I have changed myself into an emotional being because of the earth, and a unique love. There is no sense to kick like I am in my mother's womb. I should feel happy that the emotional process of spiritual enlightenment is occurring through me and keep going.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You are definitely on the correct path. Here's a link to my blog, which is a reflection of my own meandering search for truth.

reply to post by greyer

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They don't have souls, there is a kind of quantum vaccuum that is required for ensoulment and they have lost it, their fate is to die and be amalgamated into the collective consciousness.

new topics

top topics

join