It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continued: What UFO's actually are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
[color=66FFFF]See my previous Thread.

[color=66FFFF]Every time I see a thread about UFO's and how they work, what they look like, and crashes people think they are still UFOs. Like the Roswell "UFO" crash. It was a UFO until it crashed. When it went down and crashed into the ground people still said it was a UFO. Once someone sees it on the ground and they can't identify it, it is then a "UO". Or as I call an unidentified object. When something is flying and you don't know what it is then sure. Its a UFO. But once it is not flying/hovering, or you know what it is its not a UFO. When the Roswell crash happened, it was then an Alien Ship. Or a weather balloon, whatever you think it was. Once it crashes it is not flying.

[color=66FFFF]This link was provided by goobersnooch. [color=66FFFF]Here is the Link.

[color=66FFFF]That link shows how they might work. Here is my theory/table/idea/thing...

UFO = U[color=66FFFF]nidentified F[color=66FFFF]lying O[color=66FFFF]bject [color=00FF00]You should know an example.
IFO = I[color=66FFFF]dentified F[color=66FFFF]lying O[color=66FFFF]bject [color=00FF00]Such as a Frisbee.
UO = U[color=66FFFF]ndientified O[color=66FFFF]bject [color=00FF00]Such as something under a microscope.
IO = I[color=66FFFF]dentified O[color=66FFFF]bject [color=00FF00]Such as your keyboard.

edit on 30-4-2011 by xShadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xShadow13

[color=66FFFF]Every time I see a thread about UFO's and how they work, what they look like, and crashes people think they are still UFOs. Like the Roswell "UFO" crash. It was a UFO until it crashed. When it went down and crashed into the ground people still said it was a UFO. Once someone sees it on the ground and they can't identify it, it is then a "UO". Or as I call an unidentified object. When something is flying and you don't know what it is then sure. Its a UFO. But once it is not flying/hovering, or you know what it is its not a UFO. When the Roswell crash happened, it was then an Alien Ship. Or a weather balloon, whatever you think it was. Once it crashes it is not flying.

[color=66FFFF]This link was provided by goobersnooch. [color=66FFFF]Here is the Link.

[color=66FFFF]That link shows how they might work. Here is my theory/table/idea/thing...

UFO = U[color=66FFFF]nidentified F[color=66FFFF]lying O[color=66FFFF]bject [color=00FF00]You should know an example.
IFO = I[color=66FFFF]dentified F[color=66FFFF]lying O[color=66FFFF]bject [color=00FF00]Such as a Frisbee.
UO = U[color=66FFFF]ndientified O[color=66FFFF]bject [color=00FF00]Such as something under a microscope.
IO = I[color=66FFFF]dentified O[color=66FFFF]bject [color=00FF00]Such as your keyboard.

We arent all retards on here....im sure 99.999% of us can work out what a UO is given you refer to UFO.

I see what your saying....but was it really worthy of a thread???

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
We arent all retards on here....im sure 99.999% of us can work out what a UO is given you refer to UFO.

Just think of it as practicing pedantry and how to manipulate colors for artistic effect.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yes it was worthy, after so many threads... I thought i would take the time to make one. Even the rRoswell news headlines said UFO crash.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think it just is mentioning a policy when posting a new thread in UFO forums and "verbage" Kind of trivial but it is a bit of a tiny annoyance. UFO to a UFO/alien enthusiast means UFO=Alien everytime a new vid comes out. It shows a biased view on un proven footage.

But alas I think the the thread is somewhat superfluous

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Actually yeah. If you look at threads on the subject, people almost 100% of the time equate UFO to mean "aliens". Its quite dumb but prevalent nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've been into the ufo thing for lotsa years, after a series of my own anomalous ufo sightings, and in recent years, I abandoned the "ETH" for more paranormal or psyop considerations. But every once in awhile, a case comes along that yanks me right back to those bad old space ship days, and makes me think that I should not dismiss the ETH. On another forum, I came across 'The Kelly Cahill case.' Ohhhhh my gawsh, it's really an incredibly credible deal. Lotsa good evidence, but you'd have to take the time to take it all in, to truly appreciate that, not give a quick skim and make a cynical snark.

www.youtube.com...

www.theozfiles.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I've been into the ufo thing for lotsa years, after a series of my own anomalous ufo sightings, and in recent years, I abandoned the "ETH" for more paranormal or psyop considerations. But every once in awhile, a case comes along that yanks me right back to those bad old space ship days, and makes me think that I should not dismiss the ETH. On another forum, I came across 'The Kelly Cahill case.' Ohhhhh my gawsh, it's really an incredibly credible deal. Lotsa good evidence, but you'd have to take the time to take it all in, to truly appreciate that, not give a quick skim and make a cynical snark.

www.youtube.com...

www.theozfiles.com...

Im a hardcore skeptic but that story is truly interesting and well worth a thorough read. I have skimmed it, but will be reading it later on as some nice before bed material. Just the skimming ive done has really piqued my interest, thanks for the link.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
When I was looking at the drawings of all the witnesses of this saucer thing with the big lighted windows going all around, I immediately remembered Betty Hill's rendition. I don't know how, but maybe someone more computer savvy than I, could paste pictures here together, of the Betty Hill 'spaceship' with the windows going all around, and all the beings there, looking out, and Cahill's. Actually, I am now remembering the video shot in Turkey. I had not only dismissed, but said ugly ridiculing stuff about it, in times past, until I learned the extent of Dr. Roger Leir's involvement as a witness, there, to that. And he is highly credible and respectable to me. The Turkey vid had those beings standing there mulling about, looking out the lighted windows. As well.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

Splitting hairs are we?

How about a crashed airplane? Can we not call it an airplane even if in pieces on the ground?

How about an automobile? One that is in the junk yard or parked at the curb. Is it being mobile at that instance?

Get the point on your pointless thread?

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yes it was worthy, after so many threads... I thought i would take the time to make one. Even the rRoswell news headlines said UFO crash.

Actually, as long as we're splitting hairs, I'm pretty sure the Roswell headline used either the term "flying saucer" or "flying disk". UFO had not been coined at the time of the incident.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Only one thread is needed. Please cotinue to contribute to that one.

Closed.

top topics

join