It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The RAVE Diet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of the RAVE diet?

www.ravediet.com...

My dad has not been feeling that great he is 55 basically in good health and at the last doctors check up everything reported good.

But he still don't feel good.

Does anyone have more information on the RAVE diet, or eating correctly..

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tygart

I went on that website just now, and found it peculiar how difficult it was to find any immediate information on what this "Diet" actually is. Like most "diets" it rarely turns out to be very practical or beneficial.

If you want my advice, I would say start paying strong attention to the ingredients on what you buy. Also do research on the companies of the foods you buy.

Like Kraft for example, which uses genetically modified everything.

MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Aspartame = A war on your endocrine system.

Wake up, eat fruit / yogurt / oatmeal. Middle of the day, eat vegetables and bread. At night eat good soup, chicken especially. Meat is not necessarily bad, but it depends on your own personal constitution.

When I saw the title, I read "RAVE DIET" and instantly thought of kids who go to raves constantly, barely drinking water and only eating "happy pills". = Definitely not recommended, but very possibly FDA approved. In fact, that's where these "happy pills" came from.

edit on 30-4-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tygart

ThinkingCap has given excellent advice. Depending on how your dad reacts to Dairy you may consider adding some cheese to the lunch menu. Get a Crockpot from Target or Walmart and start to get some recipes together. Slow cooked meals are nourishing on many levels. For instance 3lbs of chicken breasts just covered with salsa verde and slow cooked on low for about 6 hours will blow your mind.

No crash or weird diets. Stick with the good stuff.

Also plenty of water between meals. Water is super important. If you want to add a supplement I would recommend any pea and rice based protein and definitely 'Source of Life' whole food vitamins; the Gold version if you can get it. Expensive but worth every penny.

P.S. chicken recipe above is for shredded chicken meat. When it is finished you pull it apart with forks like any pulled meat. Then get some good corn tostadas. It is the food of the Gods.

Wishing you all the best of health.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Tostadas ta da!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tygart
Has anyone heard of the RAVE diet?

www.ravediet.com...
Does anyone have more information on the RAVE diet, or eating correctly..

What is the Rave Diet? It is an old-fashioned, plant-based, whole foods diet based exclusively on whole fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts and seeds and offers literally thousands of food choices. It is derived from very simple dietary rules doctors use to successfully treat and reverse a wide range of diseases, particularly our number one killer, cardiovascular disease. In fact, it is endorsed by doctors from The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, who are interviewed in the Eating DVD, one of whom reversed severe heart disease by following The Rave Diet.

I'm just guessing here what the book is advocating.
Breads, and pastas, should be whole grain only, nothing too processed. Make all meals from scratch, the way they did years ago, before packaged foods. Minimize meat, egg, and dairy consumption, and concentrate on vegetables, beans, legumes. Eat the vegetables fresh, or steamed. Lots of fresh salads. Make your own dressing. Don't eat foods that have been genetically modified. For salts, you only need about 1500 mgs of sodium per day, total sodium, and if using sea salt, find out an iodine source, like kelp. Cut out sugar as much as possible.

If you look at the ingredients in many of the packaged foods, they're full of chemicals. I once bought a pumpkin pie from the store, and looked at the ingredients when it just didn't taste real. There was no pumpkin in the pumpkin pie.

edit on 30-4-2011 by snowspirit because: salt requirement

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

WOW - That is a GREAT Avatar.

I forgot to add - If you have health issues, try to stay completely away all canned / boxed foods. If you want soup, go out and get the materials. Same for everything else. It may cost you an extra couple of dollars, but no doubt you will save that much from visits to the doctors.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by Frater210

WOW - That is a GREAT Avatar.

I forgot to add - If you have health issues, try to stay completely away all canned / boxed foods. If you want soup, go out and get the materials. Same for everything else. It may cost you an extra couple of dollars, but no doubt you will save that much from visits to the doctors.

I read every label, and cook from scratch, nothing processed, canned or boxed.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This RAVE diet sounds great. I am going to check it out for sure. I learned to prepare meals and stock my kitchen along those lines from my Grandmother so I am excited to learn more.

I posted this yesterday re: chemicals in our food yesterday if you are interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Right, I thought going by the title of the diet it would involve taking pills and drinking lots of red bull while dancing manically.

Oh well..... I'll get my coat.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
This RAVE diet sounds great. I am going to check it out for sure. I learned to prepare meals and stock my kitchen along those lines from my Grandmother so I am excited to learn more.

I posted this yesterday re: chemicals in our food yesterday if you are interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am getting very interested in it.

Here is a link I found about what you can eat. What Can You Eat On The Rave Diet.

I would post the EX Quote but I can't get it formatted right.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by Tygart

ThinkingCap has given excellent advice. Depending on how your dad reacts to Dairy you may consider adding some cheese to the lunch menu. Get a Crockpot from Target or Walmart and start to get some recipes together. Slow cooked meals are nourishing on many levels. For instance 3lbs of chicken breasts just covered with salsa verde and slow cooked on low for about 6 hours will blow your mind.

No crash or weird diets. Stick with the good stuff.

Also plenty of water between meals. Water is super important. If you want to add a supplement I would recommend any pea and rice based protein and definitely 'Source of Life' whole food vitamins; the Gold version if you can get it. Expensive but worth every penny.

P.S. chicken recipe above is for shredded chicken meat. When it is finished you pull it apart with forks like any pulled meat. Then get some good corn tostadas. It is the food of the Gods.

Wishing you all the best of health.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Tostadas ta da!

Your chicken recipe sounds great, we make our own salsa, so that will be a fun recipe, and we do have a slow cooker too.

It is weird he is feeling this way because his Doctors report came back so good.

But Diet and exercise I think will do the trick.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't really think "one diet fits all." We all have different intake needs and need to try to eat what is right for our particular self. There seems to be many crap foods that are probably good for everyone to avoid though.

While I eat an abundance of foods that are approved on this RAVE diet I would be one to find it difficult to adhere to the "no Exceptions" part. Although I can and do go for days without meat I do not avoid it intentionally. "No Animal" products would mean no cheese, eggs, butter, etc., and I like those things, this diet would not work for me, not as a lifestyle diet, too restrictive. I'm not sure this diet's regimen is just for a limited time or is intended to be a lifestyle diet, I just try to stay on a healthy regimen all the time.

I cook whole foods and for the most part avoid processed foods. I buy basic ingredients and cook from scratch almost everything I eat but if I manage to consume a little processed food along the way I am not overly concerned about it, I just avoid those for the most part.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

With the Rave diet I think its more of a Fast, you would do this diet for a month then go back to eating meats again, now for processed foods they should be avoided.

new topics

top topics

join