It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Mr. President: Texas Has Been Waiting for Two Weeks for Assistance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Rick Perry Blasts Obama

Two weeks ago Governor Perry asked for federal aide due to the loss of millions of acres of cropland, as well as millions of dollars in property damage. Mr. Obama has yet to even answer his requests, yet Mr. Obama is making himself seen in Alabama helping them immediately. Where is Texas' assistance? Is Mr. Obama throwing a temper tantrum because of Mr. Perry's less than stellar support of the Obama administration? Texas is hemorrhaging due to the wildfires and drought (which in itself is causing millions of dollars of losses that will affect the entire nation as a whole), and it seems that the President couldn't care less.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Maybe Perry and Texas should just consider it practice for seceding from the Union and call it a day?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Rick Perry Blasts Obama

Two weeks ago Governor Perry asked for federal aide due to the loss of millions of acres of cropland, as well as millions of dollars in property damage. Mr. Obama has yet to even answer his requests, yet Mr. Obama is making himself seen in Alabama helping them immediately. Where is Texas' assistance? Is Mr. Obama throwing a temper tantrum because of Mr. Perry's less than stellar support of the Obama administration? Texas is hemorrhaging due to the wildfires and drought (which in itself is causing millions of dollars of losses that will affect the entire nation as a whole), and it seems that the President couldn't care less.

/TOA

If they help now, how will use the disaster to add to the justifications of the upcoming food price crisis?

More and more people are going to go hungry and if they help the farmers now, they might be able to avert at least some of the food shortage that is coming. Can't have that can we?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Is this the same Perry that talked about secession, limited government, turned down stimulus money?

Guess he needs the feds after all.

Maybe he should be twisting the arms of the Congressmen and women who represent Texas to help get the assistance.

My bad, Hutchinson and Cornyn are on the ball. Seems FEMA is helping.

FEMA has granted the state and localities assistance through the Fire Management Assistance Grant Program, but Hutchison and Cornyn want to expand assistance by making Category B under the Public Assistance program available.

blogs.chron.com...
edit on 29-4-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Maybe Perry and Texas should just consider it practice for seceding from the Union and call it a day?

Yeah, that whole secession crap is crap. But Perry is a broken clock, he's right at least twice a day, on this issue, he's right.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Is this the same Perry that talked about secession, limited government, turned down stimulus money?

Maybe he should be twisting the arms of the Congressmen and women who represent Texas to help get the assistance.

Yes, it's the same Perry. But since funds are set aside for states to use for federal aide anyway, and they are being denied, this is all on Obama. Don't get me wrong, Perry is an [snip]hat. Hell, I voted for Bill White! But I wonder had Mr. White become governor if funds would've been withheld as they are now.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by The Old American
Rick Perry Blasts Obama

/TOA

If they help now, how will use the disaster to add to the justifications of the upcoming food price crisis?

More and more people are going to go hungry and if they help the farmers now, they might be able to avert at least some of the food shortage that is coming. Can't have that can we?

Hey! No planting conspiracy theories on my thread! Oh, wait...

/TOA

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I want to clarify. Texas could use the extra help.

I just don't like how Perry goes about achieving this. Trying to call Obama out could mean no help.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Oh, F this
To arms Fellow Texans... Gather at the Alamo!!
I will meet you there as soon as American Idol is over and maybe a nap..

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Texas is getting Fema aid allready, thats all Alabama is going to get. This is polotics Perry trashing Obama for political points.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I just don't like how Perry goes about achieving this. Trying to call Obama out could mean no help.

No one is going to give a diplomatic award to Perry, however as soon as someone whispers in Obama's ear that there are more than 24 million persons living in Texas, and some of those millions might actually be potential voters for Obama's reelection (not me) he will probably decide to lend assistance as needed/requested.

If not, that's ok too. Texans have long memories......

edit on 4/29/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well this is interesting, Texan secessionist Rick Perry, who opposed stimulus funds mind you, funds that would impart go towards disaster relief, is now complaining that the federal government is ignoring Texas. How sad is it that he'd use a terrible disaster for his political ambitions huh?

By the way, FEMA did respond to the fires that occurred in Texas:
austin.ynn.com...

Damned if the president does, damned if he doesn't.

Is Mr. Obama throwing a temper tantrum because of Mr. Perry's less than stellar support of the Obama administration?

Hold on, wasn't it perry that made a temper tantrum over the stimulus and other forms of federal aid? Didn't he proudly wave the secessionist banner time and time again? Yep.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

No one is going to give a diplomatic award to Perry, however as soon as someone whispers in Obama's ear that there are more than 24 million persons living in Texas, and some of those millions might actually be potential voters for Obama's reelection (not me) he will probably decide to lend assistance as needed/requested.

If not, that's ok too. Texans have long memories......

edit on 4/29/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

Obama knows that Texas is a lost cause for him.. He doesnt care about a State where he knows that he has no chance of winning...

The reporter, Brad Watson, also asked Obama why he “was so unpopular in Texas.” Finally, Obama responded: "If what you're telling me is Texas is a conservative state, you're absolutely right." As the interview ended, Obama admonished Watson, saying, “Let me finish my answers the next time we do an interview, all right?”

LMAO

And yea, those so called "stimulus" funds" have nothing to do with disaster aid AND they came with many, many strings attached.

edit on 29-4-2011 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Or maybe Texas shouldn't be paying into Federal taxes in the first place. Not giving help to Texas is a huge ripoff considering the are already paying into the system.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Texans pay taxes don't they?

Are you implying that Texas shouldn't get what they paid for?

Maybe Texas should just keep all of its money and maybe your argument would have merit.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Well this is interesting, Texan secessionist Rick Perry, who opposed stimulus funds mind you, funds that would impart go towards disaster relief, is now complaining that the federal government is ignoring Texas. How sad is it that he'd use a terrible disaster for his political ambitions huh?

By the way, FEMA did respond to the fires that occurred in Texas:
austin.ynn.com...

Damned if the president does, damned if he doesn't.

FEMA sent people to fight the fires. This is a request for funding to rebuild and repair.

Hold on, wasn't it perry that made a temper tantrum over the stimulus and other forms of federal aid? Didn't he proudly wave the secessionist banner time and time again? Yep.

Yes, it was Perry that did that. And, yes, Obama is responding to one man's tantrum by ignoring the whole state and its people. But, by God, he is making sure to be seen all over Alabama! While my thoughts and prayers go out to the families devastated by the storms this week, Obama is using this for his own campaign ends. What a humanitarian he is.

/TOA

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
is the executive branch of the federal gov't to place to go for help anyway ?

seems to me FEMA or congress would make more sense anyway

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow...large areas of the Southeast just got decimated by record setting tornadoes, with over 300+ dead and Texans are crying for FEDERAL help after some wildfires?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join